Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dannn411

£270m on Antony, Onana, Mount and Hojlund. Says it all really.

I'd be disappointed if we had spent £50m total on that lot.
This is why he should not be trusted with another dime of money to spend on any players. At this point, I would not even consider his opinion on player preferences.

Chumpsbechumps

You can tell, some of you have “ETH out” blue balls from 2 weeks of no games. Desperate to have a good moan.

Im sure if we lose against wolves you can finish off that release

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
His arrogance is truly insane, can't even bring himself to give Newport County any credit :lol:
His team has just trounced them at their own ground while missing several first team players, why would he give them any credit. It’s Newport manager who should be applauding ETH here not the other way around.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His team has just trounced them at their own ground while missing several first team players, why would he give them any credit. It’s Newport manager who should be applauding ETH here not the other way around.
I'm really enjoying your schtick :lol:

Blood Mage

Not just a bad manager but so arrogant to boot. Acts like Pep managing peak Barcelona in interviews.

Cela shomana

We shouldn't but I think we will. Unfortunately the ownership situation is buying him time he would never ordinarily get.
I can comprehend if he remains in charge until the end of the season, but it appears evident, especially to those well-versed in football, that he lacks the requisite quality to manage a team of United's stature. Despite initially supporting Ten Hag, it has become apparent that his tactical decisions are perplexing. The persistent use of two number 10s creates a significant gap between the advanced midfielders and the holding one, resulting in a lack of control on the field. This approach allows the opposition numerous chances, and I anticipate another season of humiliation if he continues to set up the team in this manner.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Cant believe how much my opinion has changed on him, gone from rating him highly to thinking he's a clueless cnut in 5 month

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think Onana, Mount and Hojlund are good players, I just think Ten Hag isn’t a good coach.

A quality coach coming in to a club with Onana, Dalot, Martinez, Varane, Shaw, Casemiro, Mainoo, Bruno, Mount, Garnacho, Hojlund will be better than most teams in the league.

This is a coach in his 50s playing in a major division for the first time. He isn’t up to it, Ole wasn’t up to it, Moyes wasn’t up to it, Mourinho would have won the league if it weren’t for cheat 115 before the implosion that happens at every club.

Time doesn’t mean anything and is only taking us backwards and frustrating fans and players alike.

INEOS needs to make a change in the summer and it needs to be for a quality coach.

Recruitment needs to be more organized and they seem to be laying the groundwork for quality in every executive position, but we can’t let someone incompetent continue just so he has time under a more organized regime.

He has quality players, he just doesn’t know how to set up a system at this level and isn’t a good enough coach.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Still chaotic dross at full strength against a struggling league 2 side.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
You can tell, some of you have “ETH out” blue balls from 2 weeks of no games. Desperate to have a good moan.

Im sure if we lose against wolves you can finish off that release
When are people allowed to complain about the manager? When is the proper time to do it?

Funny how nobody ever has an answer to that.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Well tonight our performance was arrogant, with some players being extremely greedy and selfish. He just stood like a tree, not even bothering to shout at them.
With our best team we still lack structure.

A performance like this against Wolves will get us spanked 3-0.

So it's definitely good time to criticise. Tonight was as bad as it gets.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well tonight our performance was arrogant, with some players being extremely greedy and selfish. He just stood like a tree, not even bothering to shout at them.
With our best team we still lack structure.

A performance like this against Wolves will get us spanked 3-0.

So it's definitely good time to criticise. Tonight was as bad as it gets.
We created a bucket load of chances, but sure. This is the time to criticise because we've decided he'll lose to Wolves.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We created a bucket load of chances, but sure. This is the time to criticise because we've decided he'll lose to Wolves.
Exactly, we were great despite having many, many players out amidst a total injury/illness disaster. People are crazy criticizing him for tonight’s performance. I don’t think anyone would have done better and very few managers would have done similarly. Tonight has actually convinced me he has something special about him. Newport couldn’t handle us.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Exactly, we were great despite having many, many players out amidst a total injury/illness disaster. People are crazy criticizing him for tonight’s performance. I don’t think anyone would have done better and very few managers would have done similarly. Tonight has actually convinced me he has something special about him. Newport couldn’t handle us.
I almost always get fooled by your sarcasm :lol:

HookedOnAPhelan

This was class

He's a classy dude. I like him as a person, and I think he's always come across well during his time here.

As for his future, I trust Sir Jim, Brailsford & co. If they think Ten Hag's the right man to take us forward, I'm fine with that. As bad as this season's been I don't trust this group of players for a second.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ah yes I forgot, the first rule of the **** is to not talk about the ****.

;)
Or just grow up and accept people have differing opinions to you without labelling them as being part of a ****. I've wanted rid of Ten Hag for months yet I'm seeing people, who I'd otherwise agree with, pretending there's a **** surrounding him. It's pathetic. He's possibly the least divisive manager we've had, I expect the majority would say they want rid of him if asked.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Im one of the posters that actually express balanced opinion about ETH.
But tonight was genuinely worrying.
Team seems to be all over the place, most of our attacks come from long balls to the wingers, who decided to go on a rampage of shots after we scored from 2 cutbacks.
They decided that with 2-0 up it's their time to shine, throwing teamplay in the trash.

There was one attack where Hojlund didn't receive the ball at the back post, it was an easy ball for Garnacho to cross to him. Instead Garnacho attempted his 1626362th shot. Hojlund screamed out so loud I felt bad for him. And Erik just stared into nothignness. He should have done something. Scream at Garnacho, sub him off... Anything to show disapproval.

alexanderplatz

Hard to know what happens. He has shown that can get far into competitions and deliver silverware in his first season. This year his signings have been missing in terms of performance. I can’t believe that a replacement for AWB/Dalot wasn’t targeted last summer (though maybe that’s due to a lack of options)
The good thing about a new structure is that the manager won’t have as much say in transfers which is also good for him because then he isn’t seen as standing his reputation on the signings.
It’s clear there is a problem with some personnel at the club but I do think ETH deserves one more run at it. If they get rid of certain bad actors and the team starts next season like they did this one then I’d support his removal. Until then I think there are other issues to fix first.