Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 453 49.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 469 50.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Blood Mage

First half was the best drilled United performance I've seen in a long time. Martial pressing like a madman ffs. The passing was really crisp too.

GreatDane

We need to calm down a bit, it's only pre-season and one game.
But it's seems pretty clear that we are the best team in the world again, and that's pretty nice.

Adamsk7

His MUTV interview was brilliant. Was happy with some things, gave the commentators a reality check “Liverpool played three teams let’s not get carried away” and then said “there were many mistakes - not so easy for you to see but they were there” He then had a nice mutual appreciation exchange with Andy Cole.
There’s just something about this guy that makes me think this is it. We’ve had false dawns before so I don’t wanna get carried away but…..

Yakuza_devils

Hope this is the way we play for the rest of the season albeit inconsistent.

This year top 4 is the target and should be achievable.

Just happy to see us playing positive football as a team again for next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His MUTV interview was brilliant. Was happy with some things, gave the commentators a reality check “Liverpool played three teams let’s not get carried away” and then said “there were many mistakes - not so easy for you to see but they were there” He then had a nice mutual appreciation exchange with Andy Cole.
There’s just something about this guy that makes me think this is it. We’ve had false dawns before so I don’t wanna get carried away but…..
Exactly what I've wanted from a manager.

He's setting the standards early, the players will know just winning isn't enough.

On some days we will score a lucky goal and win, but other games we won't be so lucky. We need to have a fantastic baseline to stop these wishy washy performances we saw last year.

Sylar

De Jong is clearly the key part for him and hopefully he comes in soon, especially as midfield is the most important position for controlling games

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Got Moyes' vibe here. Winning useless trophy on very first game, but getting sacked before end of season.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The mutv reporter is really annoying, wish they'd just have King Cole replace him.

Chief123

Got Moyes' vibe here. Winning useless trophy on very first game, but getting sacked before end of season.
You clearly missed the part where we actually had some nice patterns of play and looked like the players knew what the plan was and how to construct attacks rather than each player just trying his own thing and hoping something comes off. But yeah, Moyes vibes...

ColvaleGoa

I know this was a preseason friendly but if we put this kind of performance against some of the rubbish teams ,it will be a great start. Just want the feeling to come back that today we are going to annihilate somebody. Also I know there will be some inconsistent performances but want us to stop thinking "what if "after every game.

Great result though.

Tibs

Great win but let's not get too carried away...they could have been 2 up before we even had our first real attack!

Good start though...and we finally won a trophy

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Are we just going to ignore that Moyes inherited a title winning team
I'll get slated for continuing the Moyes talk but yeah it seems like a lot of people keep forgetting this. Guy took a league winning team and ended up outside of the CL places when he got fired. He was a disaster.

Vapor trail

Really said all the right things in the interview, especially seeing mistakes he also gave a few points about what went well. It's a good contrast because Solskjaer would have given such a positive interview to the extent it would come across delusional.

I think the players will have ample room to learn from ETH.

Teja

I thought the Telles as LCB experiment deserves some discussion. Is he so desperate for a ball playing LCB that he was willing to throw Telles in there?

Is that what Martinez will do in the squad?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought the Telles as LCB experiment deserves some discussion. Is he so desperate for a ball playing LCB that he was willing to throw Telles in there?

We didn't have CB and we have 3 LBs.

A-man

We need to calm down a bit, it's only pre-season and one game.
But it's seems pretty clear that we are the best team in the world again, and that's pretty nice.
For me it’s not the performance itself I am most happy with, it’s the intentions we saw in first half (second half team did well but played more individually). We saw pressing from our attacker and a high line from our CBs. DDG left his line several times, we tried to play through from the back, etc etc.

It felt like we finally played with a plan and like we are heading somewhere. And I haven’t had that feeling since Mourinho’s early days.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

I think it was a case of giving him a game and resting Lindelof/Varane

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

No other CBs in the squad is all IMO. But generally, yeah ETH of course wants a left footed CB.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
How did malacia play second halve for anyone that watched it?

A-man

Wonder if both coaches knew that United team A would play Liverpool B, and then United B against Liverpool A in second half.

Gator Nate

Wonder if both coaches knew that United team A would play Liverpool B, and then United B against Liverpool A in second half.
Yeah, but their A came out against our 15-minutes-tired B. And we held them scoreless while adding another goal.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
How did malacia play second halve for anyone that watched it?
Got done by Oxlade-Chamberlain I think at one point but recovered ok. Looks like he has a good touch but didn’t do much.