g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Wasn't the point of playing Forson over Antony that Garnacho and Rashford didn't have to change position since they'd being playing relatively well on the right/left.
Neither played on the right though, at least not initially. Antony could have filled any of the positions Forson did, and he is a much better player regardless of his form etc.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Do you not think it is fair to say that ETH likely had influence in pushing our targets to SEG prior to signing for us? We've not signed a player for years that is represented by them, then they're involved with 3 deals this summer.
Strikes me as our scouting network and director of football not having any proper targets lined up, so we've resorted to more easily attainable players, using an agency our manager has a link to.

Our transfer team have apparently been chasing the likes of Frenkie de Jong, Kim Min-Jae and Harry Kane, so it's no wonder we've ended up failing there.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Do you not think it is fair to say that ETH likely had influence in pushing our targets to SEG prior to signing for us? We've not signed a player for years that is represented by them, then they're involved with 3 deals this summer.
I think it's more likely that we are so shit at making transfers he felt like he needed them to help and as they have worked with the club in the past multiple times the club agreed to it.

United probably considers them a 'friendly' agent so it might have been suggested to Hojlund to hire them to help facilitate his move because it was such a big deal.

The stuff about his son making money off the deals is so dumb, he works there as an analyst :lol:

evil_geko

'Fulham in their midfield set up surprised us a little bit and then we have to find the solutions'

I'm scared.

Wtf is Pep going to do with us this weekend.
This was said before Liverpool game, before Aston Villa game etc etc, and guess what? They did feck all with us. All doom and gloom.

mu4c_20le

ETH on Antony: "When he plays like I know from the past he is unstoppable, no defender can stop him because he's one of the quickest players in the first 10 yards."

He just lost more credibility with me. Antony is very quick over 3 or 4 yards, no way he is one of the quickest the first 10 yards. I doubt he even believes what he is saying.
Unstoppable :lol: now we know how he convinced our scouts against their better judgement

The stuff about his son making money off the deals is so dumb, he works there as an analyst :lol:
Oh he works there. That makes it alright then..

Blood Mage

Premier League teams to have faced 20+ shots (Selected)
ClubManagerGamesFaced 20+Shots
Manchester UnitedErik ten Hag6412
ArsenalMikel Arteta1617
Manchester CityPep Guardiola2924
LiverpoolJurgen Klopp3222

One of the most overrated managers of all time.
Jesus Christ. When you consider he's not even been our manager for two years yet also, there's just nothing to cling on to. Has to go.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This was said before Liverpool game, before Aston Villa game etc etc, and guess what? They did feck all with us. All doom and gloom.
We were extremely lucky to get the results we got at Anfield and Villa Park, but it all reverts back to our master plan which is predicated on our opposition wasting all their good chances.

Liverpool especially is a funny one. We lost 7-0 last year and drew 0-0 this year, and we actually gave them more of a game in the 7-0 loss. It would have probably been fair to lose 3-0/4-0 twice with both these performances, so the average is still there.

City will quite obviously annihilate us though. There is no other possible outcome.

hobbers

Dressing room as lost as ever.

To be fair the players probably have more right to mutiny under Erik than any of the previous failures. The system they're being asked to play in is so clearly not fit for purpose.

AndySmith1990

Premier League teams to have faced 20+ shots (Selected)
ClubManagerGamesFaced 20+Shots
Manchester UnitedErik ten Hag6412
ArsenalMikel Arteta1617
Manchester CityPep Guardiola2924
LiverpoolJurgen Klopp3222

One of the most overrated managers of all time.
Yeah he's poor at setting up a team that's for sure. I have no idea what people are seeing when they try to argue he should be kept. By every metric he falls short of the standard that United managers should be held to

KeanoMagicHat

My issue is that he's saying he believes Antony is unstoppable when he's in form (which is wrong) but he's choosing a player from the youth team ahead of him. How the feck is that going to get Antony back in form? Is ETH just a complete idiot? The only way he will find form is by playing, some things coming off and him building confidence. Playing Forsun is just destroying his confidence and making him a laughing stock.
Dropping Antony is one of the things you can't criticise Ten Hag for. The guy has no goals or assists in 20 league games.

pocco

loco
Strikes me as our scouting network and director of football not having any proper targets lined up, so we've resorted to more easily attainable players, using an agency our manager has a link to.

Our transfer team have apparently been chasing the likes of Frenkie de Jong, Kim Min-Jae and Harry Kane, so it's no wonder we've ended up failing there.
Some of these players joined SEG just prior to signing though, it's not like they were already there.

I don't know if I believe that FdJ wasn't an ETH-led approach either. Trusted journos said that he believes that FdJ wanted the move and he was insisting we ride it out. I also think, had we put the money up, we could have got KMJ or Kane.

evil_geko

We were extremely lucky to get the results we got at Anfield and Villa Park, but it all reverts back to our master plan which is predicated on our opposition wasting all their good chances.

Liverpool especially is a funny one. We lost 7-0 last year and drew 0-0 this year, and we actually gave them more of a game in the 7-0 loss. It would have probably been fair to lose 3-0/4-0 twice with both these performances, so the average is still there.

City will quite obviously annihilate us though. There is no other possible outcome.
Sure they will. Like in all other doom and gloom games this season. People never learn I guess. Have to feed on that negativity.

pocco

loco
Dropping Antony is one of the things you can't criticise Ten Hag for. The guy has no goals or assists in 20 league games.
I'd take him over Forson, would you not? Even if just for his experience at this level and ability to keep the ball to a reasonable standard.

And if he thinks he's unstoppable when in form, then play the guy. Show some conviction in your beliefs and try to play him into form and show us all that you are right.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is this a joke? Don’t think that’s how it works. You get a day of if you win and play good. You should be made to train the day after a loss, especially to teams like Fulham.
People are different. Some need a day off to clear their head after such a thing, others need to put in a double shift to get rid of their anger for losing. Based on this I would draw no conclusion at all, it's a total non-story if you ask me.

Sarni

Sure they will. Like in all other doom and gloom games this season. People never learn I guess. Have to feed on that negativity.
We've lost 15 games this season.

Are you truly expecting us to give City a game?

KeanoMagicHat

I'd take him over Forson, would you not? Even if just for his experience at this level and ability to keep the ball to a reasonable standard.
Not necessarily, Forson has played 56 minutes so hard to tell his level. Whereas we can see Antony's level.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
People are different. Some need a day off to clear their head after such a thing, others need to put in a double shift to get rid of their anger for losing. Based on this I would draw no conclusion at all, it's a total non-story if you ask me.
They shouldn’t get a choice to be honest. The manager should grow some balls and make them train the day after poor performances. When we got smashed of Brentford, ETH made them run the amount of miles we got out run by and then after that I’m sure we went on a good run.

Berbaclass

A family memeber benefitting financially from our transfer purchases. You dont know what that is called? Starts with an n
Explain how he's directly benefiting financially please?

He works at one of the biggest football agencies in the Netherlands. He's a fecking analyst not an agent making commission on the deals. There's absolutely nothing in it.

evil_geko

We've lost 15 games this season.
Now you are changing the subject. I am only calling out all the doom "they will humiliate us" moments this season where people looked like clowns after every prediction like that. Just because we are having a bad season doesn't automatically mean we will lose 8:0 to City.

Shinjch

Yeah he's poor at setting up a team that's for sure. I have no idea what people are seeing when they try to argue he should be kept. By every metric he falls short of the standard that United managers should be held to
I don't see too many people arguing that he needs to be kept. I haven't been hugely wedded to keeping him, but I am just concerned that people seem to think sacking the manager and getting a new coach in under the same conditions will fix everything. There is so much wrong at the club that needs major surgery, on the pitch and off.

The way our supporter base (particularly online) has gone makes long term planning very difficult as well, so a key quality in whoever is the next manager needs to be an ability to manage transition in the club around them.

brontelicious

Dressing room as lost as ever.

To be fair the players probably have more right to mutiny under Erik than any of the previous failures. The system they're being asked to play in is so clearly not fit for purpose.
They have no right to mutiny.

Sarni

Now you are changing the subject. I am only calling out all the doom "they will humiliate us" moments this season where people looked like clowns after every prediction like that.
People have been doom and gloom before pretty much every game this year. Half the time they were correct, half the time they were not. It's in the nature of how we play, as the outcome is largely reliant on our opposition's ability to convert scoring opportunities.

mu4c_20le

Explain how he's directly benefiting financially please?

He works at one of the biggest football agencies in the Netherlands. He's a fecking analyst not an agent making commission on the deals. There's absolutely nothing in it.
Is his son a volunteer there? does he work for free?

evil_geko

People have been doom and gloom before pretty much every game this year. Half the time they were correct, half the time they were not. It's in the nature of how we play, and the outcome is largely reliant on our opposition's ability to convert scoring opportunities.
Again, I am only talking about extreme humiliation predictions, where people go into clownish extremes like usual, not simple losses.

AndySmith1990

I don't see too many people arguing that he needs to be kept. I haven't been hugely wedded to keeping him, but I am just concerned that people seem to think sacking the manager and getting a new coach in under the same conditions will fix everything. There is so much wrong at the club that needs major surgery, on the pitch and off.

The way our supporter base (particularly online) has gone makes long term planning very difficult as well, so a key quality in whoever is the next manager needs to be an ability to manage transition in the club around them.
We wouldn't be hiring a new manager (head coach) under the same conditions. We'll have an entirely new structure in place with new owners overseeing football operations. All the more reason to bin off a mediocre manager and find the best man available

Sarni

Again, I am only talking about extreme humiliation predictions, not simple losses.
I don't think anyone expected us to be humiliated by Villa. Lose, yes, get humiliated I don't think so, especially as we were entering that game in decent form.

Liverpool, yeah, everyone was wrong, they battered us but could not score. I don't think City will be as wasteful, both in terms of scoring the chances they get as well as not doing much with the ball with 70% possession.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
They shouldn’t get a choice to be honest. The manager should grow some balls and make them train the day after poor performances. When we got smashed of Brentford, ETH made them run the amount of miles we got out run by and then after that I’m sure we went on a good run.
Yeah, I agree that the manager should decide, but still I disagree that he should do the same to everyone. What was it how SAF used to do it? "Some need an arm around the shoulder, other's a kick in the butt" or something along those lines? That's what I am suggesting. However that needs good man-management skills and I somehow don't believe ETH has those on that level.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Depends. If players are actually tired, running for the sake of running probably isn't the best way to manage their fitness.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Some of these players joined SEG just prior to signing though, it's not like they were already there.

I don't know if I believe that FdJ wasn't an ETH-led approach either. Trusted journos said that he believes that FdJ wanted the move and he was insisting we ride it out. I also think, had we put the money up, we could have got KMJ or Kane.
I don't know enough details about the agency or Ten Hag's feelings about de Jong to comment much further.

I don't think we ever had the money for Kim, which is why we were trying to ship Maguire and McTominay, and certainly didn't have the money for Kane, given Spurs would have wanted much more from a PL team, so it's a bit moot whether they'd have come.

Berbaclass

Given how most of our signings turned out, it's worth investigating.
How many of our ETH signings were with SEG?

You do realise that only 2/16 of the transfers we made under ETH had anything to do with SEG.

You're sounding like a conspiracy theorist.