Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 374 44.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 459 55.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Has he though? He keeps picking Casemiro Bruno and Rashford. if he had the bollocks he would drop them as they are generally out of form.
He had a phase of benching Rashford. He hasn't actually had Casemiro available much, and he has no ideal replacement for Bruno. He's benched Varane for periods too. He benched Ronaldo.

Again, there are many genuine critiques about ten hag but questioning his balls to drop big names isn't one of them.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Has he though? He keeps picking Casemiro Bruno and Rashford. if he had the bollocks he would drop them as they are generally out of form.
They are, but they are also our bestlayers (whether you like it or not).

He’s stood up to Rashford publicly twice, he dealt with Ronnie and he dealt with Sancho. If there are players who need moving out, he will know about them and he will do it if he’s allowed to.

luke511

Garnacho isn't a striker. Do you want to play Garnacho down the middle?
You're making no sense.
I said Rashford in the middle.. The times he played as striker last season he played well.

stevoc

Weird point on Weghorst, he got dropped too and wasn't a 10 for that long. He actually had some decent games in the 10.
It was more like a half against Barcelona. And Ten Hag then played him there for another 5-6 games for some inexplciable reason.

Garnacho isn't a striker. Do you want to play Garnacho down the middle?
You're making no sense.
I'd have preferred Fred down the middle as opposed to Wout, he's better in the air at least.

hobbers

I will admit there is serious concern that a new manager gives these players who have seen off multiple managers yet another chance
Nah it's literally just Rashford who has thrown every manager under the bus since LVG at this point. And he's protected by idiots higher up in the club who presumably see him as the marketing cash cow and home grown poster boy. We'll have to suffer him forever unless he gets injured or tries to force his own way out.

Lindelof, Dalot, Shaw, McTominay and Martial are the only ones who played under Jose. Martial is leaving, Shaw is permacrocked and the others are hardly a problem in terms of squad harmony/effort levels.

But Ten Hag has played Casemiro and Bruno every minute they're available regardless of performance levels. He dropped Rashford for off field stuff but has shown he's just as immune to being picked on form.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was more like a half against Barcelona. And Ten Hag then played him there for another 5-6 games for some inexplciable reason.

I'd have preferred Fred down the middle as opposed to Wout, he's better in the air at least.
Name the fixtures Weghorst played in a 10 and was really bad.

spwd

He had a phase of benching Rashford. He hasn't actually had Casemiro available much, and he has no ideal replacement for Bruno. He's benched Varane for periods too. He benched Ronaldo.

Again, there are many genuine critiques about ten hag but questioning his balls to drop big names isn't one of them.
When was this and how many games was it he didn't play?

luke511

Practically all of them. He didn't get a goal or an assist as a 10 for us. It also meant that our most creative player was played out of his natural position to accommodate him, another Ten Hag brain fart.

NLunited

Practically all of them. He didn't get a goal or an assist as a 10 for us. It also meant that our most creative player was played out of his natural position to accommodate him, another Ten Hag brain fart.
Weghorst was a stop gap. He was very useful for the team with his pressing, his work rate in the box and decent at bringing others into play.

Even though he barely scored (which was bizar, I guess he just isn‘t quick enough), he was an asset for the team.

He played De Jong out of the game against Barcelona. Great attitude.

luke511

Weghorst was a stop gap. He was very useful for the team with his pressing, his work rate in the box and decent at bringing others into play.

Even though he barely scored (which was bizar, I guess he just isn‘t quick enough), he was an asset for the team.

He played De Jong out of the game against Barcelona. Great attitude.
Probably the worst player I’ve ever seen in a Utd shirt, relative to his position.

In Rainbows

They are, but they are also our bestlayers (whether you like it or not).

He’s stood up to Rashford publicly twice, he dealt with Ronnie and he dealt with Sancho. If there are players who need moving out, he will know about them and he will do it if he’s allowed to.
In other words, we're supposed to believe he's trying to transition to a new style that doesn't fit Rashford, that he will achieve it by having newer players that are different from Rashford, but yet continues to play Rashford currently.

Doesn't seem like he really believes in this new style of play you guys insist he's trying to instill. Seems more like he really likes the style of play that United are currently doing since match week 1, which Rashford perfectly suits.

he has no ideal replacement for Bruno.
Mount seems like a good replacement. Nobody is the same as Bruno or any individual player. Surely he's good enough to sub off Bruno a couple of times. Even if you believe in Bruno, it makes sense to rest his legs.

Djemba-Djemba

Weghorst is the worst Utd player I've seen in my lifetime. Not including players who made one appearance in a dead rubber end of season match or something.

He was not very useful for the team, he was absolutely fecking awful.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Weghorst is the worst Utd player I've seen in my lifetime. Not including players who made one appearance in a dead rubber end of season match or something.

In my lifetime he's not even close!

Djemba-Djemba

Here's a few for you

I did say he's the worst player not including players who made 1 or 2 appearances here and there.

And I'd say Miller and Kleberson were both not as bad as Weghorst anyway. They both scored as many in less appearances and neither were strikers.

Djemba-Djemba

None of the players mentioned above, Obertan or Dong or Prunier or Tosic started something like 15 matches in a row for us , or started in a cup final or started in big games against Barcelona and Liverpool and Arsenal etc.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
None of the players mentioned above, Obertan or Dong or Prunier or Tosic started something like 15 matches in a row for us , or started in a cup final or started in big games against Barcelona and Liverpool and Arsenal etc.
Of course they didn't, there was a reason for that!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Probably the worst player I’ve ever seen in a Utd shirt, relative to his position.

This. He was a player of the absolute lowest quality. "Hardworking" and "positive attitude" are admirable traits, but his actual ability and impact were bottom of the barrel stuff.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The work rate of the attacking players yesterday vs ours… and they are twice as good as ours too

Cheiba

Weghorst shouldn't have been doing any of that !

He was fecking terrible!

That's part of why he's the worst player I've seen for Utd. It was like if Prunier was allowed to play for us for 30 games.
As much as I dislike Weghorst, both in personality and footballing ability, I think there is something to say about how Ten Hag utilised him.

Remember, last season there was no proper striker, with Martial being injured and all, and yet even with a shite striker such as Weghorst we were still on an impressive run.

While no one looked to Weghorst to provide us with any goals, he did offer build up play, ball retention and, when he dropped down the field, he created space for Rashford to rush down the channels which allowed him to perform the way he did last season.

Again, absolutely no fan of Weghorst at all, but you got to give Ten Hag some credit for making the best of a shite situation. And it actually worked.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The work rate of the attacking players yesterday vs ours… and they are twice as good as ours too
To be fair Hojlund, Bruno and for most of this season Garnacho all work hard. Only Rashford can’t be bothered (Amad I’ve not seen enough of).

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
In other words, we're supposed to believe he's trying to transition to a new style that doesn't fit Rashford, that he will achieve it by having newer players that are different from Rashford, but yet continues to play Rashford currently.
No, I believe Rashford is a key part of Erik’s plans. Marcus being out of form this season doesn’t change that fact.

stevoc

Is that a serious question mate?

He couldn't play as a no10, because he couldn't trap a bag of cement never mind play as the creative point in a team to link midfield and attack.