Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

The Hilton

No, I literally suggested a better way to respond but ignore that then.

I'm enjoying the win, you lot just want to use this to arrogantly proclaim he should stay.
You're using a strawman to defend your ridiculous statement, I'm not using it to proclaim anything, just stating that he's allowed to be defiant. You're so blinded by your hatred of the man you're complaining that he simply made the statement that he wins trophies, immediately after winning a trophy.

The Hilton

There's a few in here who are incapable of having a day off so best not to waste your time and energy on them anymore mate, just enjoy the win :D
I know, it's a brilliant result, it's just so telling that some of the most prolific manager out posters on here are acting like they're gutted we actually won.

Stadjer

Essay writer is back after one decent game. Quiet for months before that though.

Shameless stuff.
To be fair, it is a forum. That is where you can write stuff about football. A whole forum just filled with 'get it' if postive or 'fek off' if negative is a bit pointless dont you think?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
You're using a strawman to defend your ridiculous statement, I'm not using it to proclaim anything, just stating that he's allowed to be defiant. You're so blinded by your hatred of the man you're complaining that he simply made the statement that he wins trophies, immediately after winning a trophy.
Where did I make a strawman? :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The essay writer actually talks about football instead of spending all day and night in threads unrelated to football. I know it's difficult for you to talk about the game and and hence you spend most of your time in threads about takeovers etc.
@Rightnr has unfortunately fallen down the same flight of stairs four or five times in a row, and accidentally been trampled on by elephants, so he won't be able to respond.

erikcred

I have an idea... Is there precedence for different managers for the league and cups?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
absolutely shameful from the press.

Why not ask him about the performance the tactical changes the fact two academy graduates scored the decisive goals?

Absolutely classless.
Yeah it grinds my gears

sepulturite

@Rightnr has unfortunately fallen down the same flight of stairs four or five times in a row, and accidentally been trampled on by elephants, so he won't be able to respond.
Wow with the way he posts I actually thought all that stuff had happened to him weeks ago, would've been the best explanation for the crap he's posted.

ItDoesntEvenMata

Nobody compared Ole with Mourinho, they have short memories.
They do, but Mourinho crashed and burned and was replaced mid-season.

Say we get McKenna, his first game on charge of us (and his first game managing at the top level) will be a repeat of today in the Charity Shield. If we got taken apart by City in that, the comparison to Ten Hag, who has won things and last game was a trophy win, would be an instant undermining. With a poor few league games, it could be an October or November sacking.

The only way this works is if we get a proven winner in to replace Ten Hag

Stadjer

But in his second season he should be closer to competing for the league, instead we've gone backwards in a big way.
True. Allthough i do think that ETH performed above expectations in his first year. The second year finish (and the football) is very bad obviously but how much off that can be explained by all the injuries? Just look at todays match and see the difference that a not even fully fit Varane and Martinez make. Personally i find it difficult to decide if the injuries are enough of an excuse for such a poor season. Even with injuries 8th place is really bad.

In regards to sacking ETH. I dont really see a clearly better manager available to join. Im okay with ETH staying but i am equally okay with him being sacked.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The only shameful stuff is coming from the likes of you. @Adnan is a great poster and has been for a long time. Your bitterness about the manager is fecking ridiculous and has seen you post some utter guff the last few weeks and months. But we just won the cup today and your still in here being a miserable git, have a day off ffs and enjoy the win.
@Adnan is one of if not the best football posters this forum has and is well respected and valued by this community for his insights and contributions over many years on the CAF.

Then there are posts like yours.
Love you Adnan!
Unfortunately the poster in question is a heckler and I hope he can find some peace so we can then discuss the actual game of football, which the poster doesn't want to discuss.

All of you guys are great posters and I hope you all enjoy the win against a City team who were beaten by a superior tactical plan. Unfortunately some seem to be disappointed that we won.

Reactions: BenitoSTARR

alexanderplatz

Last time we won the cup was just after my mum died. Today brought all that back and I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried like a baby today
Football puts us through the wringer sometimes but there’s nothing like it for emotion - I hope today has brought you some comfort. A great day to be a Red

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Did he?

Liverpool collapsed with klopp last and year and we barely stayed ahead of them. Chelsea's owner sabotage them last season. That's why we finished above both of them.

This year chelsea were still poor, liverpool were having a rebuild, spurs sold their best player and we somehow not only finished behind all of them, but also Newcastle and Aston villa. Eth made a mess of the season and the less said about transfers and the champions league the better.
Liverpool have had a rebuild this season?

Good one.

Liverpool have been performing extremely well over the years, annoyingly well, in that sense you could easily say last season was an anomaly rather than them being in a downward spiral, it's not that long a ago they were leading.

Champions League was more about individual mistakes costing us badly time and time again. Obviously you can always make the point that the individual mistakes were down to poor strategy and the responsibility of the manager, but some of the individual mistakes costing us goals were absurd, Crystal Palace levels of individual disasters.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
the press are a disgrace. The person who leaked the story to the press is a bigger disgrace

The Hilton

Nah, we're moaning about you
Maybe you should enjoy that the team you purport to support just deservedly won the FA Cup instead?

I'm sure your love of the club outweighs your hatred of the manager, at least enough to enjoy today and moan tomorrow. Anything less would look suspiciously like a religion as you put it! ;)

sepulturite

Unfortunately the poster in question is a heckler and I hope he can find some peace so we can then discuss the actual game of football, which the poster doesn't want to discuss.

All of you guys are great posters and I hope you all enjoy the win against a City team who were beaten by a superior tactical plan. Unfortunately some seem to be disappointed that we won.
Yep spot on mate, I noticed that about that particular poster weeks ago. I just can't believe people are acting this way today, we're all United fans and should be enjoying the hell out of this!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Adnan called me a "great poster". This makes me almost as happy as I was to see United lift the cup!

You're right though (no change there), too many folk are just going out of their way to be miserable when this is a brilliant day.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The essay writer actually talks about football instead of spending all day and night in threads unrelated to football. I know it's difficult for you to talk about the game and and hence you spend most of your time in threads about takeovers etc.
That guy doesn’t like me and has insulted me so I automatically know you’re in the right.

DSG

Genuine question.

Lets say we improve in a few areas over the summer and set up the way that he have done in the last 3 games, what do you think would happen?

I'm pretty certain we would push very hard for top four at the minimum.
Sure. He had his chance to set up in a logical way for 50 some odd matches. His suicide tactics got us 8th, -1 GD and last in the CL group. He decided not to do so. We easily could have made top 4.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
True. Allthough i do think that ETH performed above expectations in his first year. The second year finish (and the football) is very bad obviously but how much off that can be explained by all the injuries? Just look at todays match and see the difference that a not even fully fit Varane and Martinez make. Personally i find it difficult to decide if the injuries are enough of an excuse for such a poor season. Even with injuries 8th place is really bad.

In regards to sacking ETH. I dont really see a clearly better manager available to join. Im okay with ETH staying but i am equally okay with him being sacked.
We only had poor expectations due to the season before, but realistically those players are capable of top 4 finishes.

The injuries are not an excuse, Varane and Martinez struggled in the first two or three weeks of the season because ETH was playing those suicidal tactics. He's changed the system and now they look better, but let's not forget the manager is more to blame than injuries.

I don't see how Tuchel is worse than ETH? Can't United convince a manager like Enrique or Valverde to come over? Conte is available even if he is not what people want. There are managers with a better record than him who are either available or should be contacted.