Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robertd0803

Great in game management.

That run he went on with the team before the Liverpool game has changed the game seemingly.

Ole90+3

The signings look excellent. They’ve not just brought much needed quality but also tenacity which this team has been missing for years.
We now look like a proper team, playing for each other.

Amarsdd

The biggest postive about ETH for me till now is that he's not a one-trick pony. If one style isn't working, he's ready to adapt to what works. Hopefully, he can stamp his style on the team in due time.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Another excellent performance.

Makes you wonder where we'd be in the table right now if the club hadn't shat the bed in the first few months of the transfer window.

pascell

This is why he was my 1st choice way back, he's going to take us back to the top and he doesn't care who he has to drop/sell to get their, sentiment is out the window!

Amanda Hugginkiss

I like how ETH analyses the post match in front of the cameras. You can see he's focussed 100% and wants constant improvement. We've been the grave for many a new player over the past two to three years. There'll be ups and downs no doubt but I really think we've got a permanent Manger to take us to trophies.

MDFC Manager

Great in game management.

That run he went on with the team before the Liverpool game has changed the game seemingly.
Came to say the same.

That 14k punishment run seems to have played a big part in firing up the players and getting some responsibilty out of every single one of them. Brilliant outcome.

Basically the players spent the morning after that 0-4 loss working their ass off, rather than sitting at home feeling sorry for themselves

Idxomer

He has beaten Arsenal and Liverpool in the league already which we failed to do in 3 years under Ole.

Rolaholic

ETH deserves his flowers after all the talk after the first 2 matches.

He had the balls to bench Ronaldo and Maguire and has lifted up the side since while showing a knack for being capable of adapting on the fly.

He has properly stamped his unquestioned authority while getting complete buy in from his players.

Still early days but things are definitely looking promising. There's a real togetherness and spirit building.

We might be as formidable as anyone in the league one everyone gets full understanding of the system, we very much have the talent to match up with everyone

AndySmith1990

Came to say the same.

That 14k punishment run seems to have played a big part in firing up the players and getting some responsibilty out of every single one of them. Brilliant outcome.

Basically the players spent the morning after that 0-4 loss working their ass off, rather than sitting at home feeling sorry for themselves
From what I read it was the fact that Ten Hag himself done the run with them, as he also took blame for the loss. The players had a lot of respect for him after that

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The biggest postive about ETH for me till now is that he's not a one-trick pony. If one style isn't working, he's ready to adapt to what works. Hopefully, he can stamp his style on the team in due time.
Absolutely. I was worried a bit that he may be one of those managers who just know to play one way no matter what. But he is a very flexible manager from what I have seen so far.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The good spells under Ole were always undermined by it being Ole. The good spells under Mourinho were always undermined by knowing how things end with Mourinho.

This, you’ve got to believe, is finally a true dawn of a better era.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Why did it take us nearly a decade to hire a somewhat proven manager in his prime?

I'm considering swapping to crappy beer from his region of Holland, just so I can taste some Eric.
:lol:

We need an rvn

ETH deserves his flowers after all the talk after the first 2 matches.

He had the balls to bench Ronaldo and Maguire and has lifted up the side since while showing a knack for being capable of adapting on the fly.

He has properly stamped his unquestioned authority while getting complete buy in from his players.

Still early days but things are definitely looking promising. There's a real togetherness and spirit building.

We might be as formidable as anyone in the league one everyone gets full understanding of the system, we very much have the talent to match up with everyone
Spot on, but I think it definitely helps getting rid of who we did (Pogba etc) and bringing in a few players who love to play for him and wanted to come here and play for him and the current squad realise they are the dogs bollocks in Martinez and Anthony.

Play and do as he asks and you get rewarded, don't do as you are asked and kick up a fuss and you get benched or sold (Ronaldo) - now we just need to get rid of another 4 or 5 players who are not in the mindset of putting in a shift and replacing them and we'll have a squad again ready to challenge.

He's also a coach whose attention to detail makes the squad tick and the right players appreciate that - the ones that are too thick or not good enough will get found out soon enough

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's got a right man crush. :lol:
Clever ETH getting Keano on his side :drool:

Probably won him over when he cancelled the day off after Brentford and had them working their arses off :lol: Sure Keano approved!

Rolaholic

The belief in the side the last few weeks really has been a few levels above what we saw at the start. Feels like that was the final gasp of the previous era of mediocrity and false dawns

Boondog

In the first five games he's beaten two of our biggest rivals at home. Both teams were on unbeaten streaks. All his signings look excellent. It is early of course but he is off to one hell of a start.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Everything spot on, even when the Car was complaining today, it turned out the right decision.

We improved so much in the past 3 weeks and there is no single department where he has not done a fantastic job. We look a changed team, finally like a proper United team again and the football gets better each week as well.

Superunknown

I like him a lot. He responded well after the two defeats and has laid down the law with the players. He's done well to integrate Martinez and Malacia into our defence already, and has got good performances from Varane and Dalot. Eriksen and McTominay are playing very well under him, and Rashford is contributing more. It's still very early days, but this is definitely the right track. Can't really fault his substitutions either. He knew what needed to be done for the win and did it.

I feel like we can actually build something with him, rather than fluke or scramble our way through a season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Clever ETH getting Keano on his side :drool:

Probably won him over when he cancelled the day off after Brentford and had them working their arses off :lol: Sure Keano approved!
Precisely. The fact he did it with them and they seem to be thriving on it and understand why he made them do it.

ManRed

Neville is baffled on the 180 degrees turn by the team and to be honest none of the players we bought after the brentford defeat had a big impact yet. He is really an inspiring manager not only for the team but also the fans in the way he carries himself and his interviews.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What a manager and coach he is! Such a transformation in the team and if it weren’t for his strict approach in making them players do that long running after losing 4-0 then we may not be on such a good run. Keep it going.

DevilRed

Turned around this shitshow quicker than anyone thought.

Spent alot of money in doing it, but has us on the right track.

We've actually got a pretty decent squad now.

Polar

ETH is probably the best manager we’ve had since SAF.

He has authority and definitely isn’t afraid to be bossy and do drastic changes (Ole didn’t)

He is pragmatic and has an offensive mindset (Mourinho wasn’t)

We are meeting the future with a modern an visionary manager (Mourinho, LVG was both over the top and stuck in the past. Moyes lacked vision and was to “old school”).

Bobski

Utd were just so easy to play against last year, appallingly so, it was nice, comfortable day out knowing there would 10 mins of physical pressure at the start of the game and then you could find easy space, time on the ball and enjoy the game. That is the change, fundamentally it is going back to basics, getting the right type of characters in, those who are team first. Adding Lisandro/Malacia and now Antony with their hunger, energy and aggression is ideal. For all the talk during Ole's reign what we have seen these last 2 weeks looks more like a cultural reset than anything Ole did.

nickm

He’s a United type manager all right. Glove fits.

Different management approach to Fergie of course, but very similar in the demands he makes of the team and the qualities he values. I’m really looking forward to seeing what he does with this team in the next few years.