Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

RaulitoElCrack

No attacking patterns, playing like strangers when we get into the final third. Granted he does not have a great toolset to work with but we look very predictable and boring. Lack of creativity and desire to take the initiative. Intensity is not there.

RedOrange

Starting Fred is a decision that , worries me about ETH. No upside to playing such a player for 90mins and yet he still did
You're aware that Eriksen was out due to illness and McTominay was suspended, right?

Fooza

Only other option was to throw either Iqbal or Mainoo in, without getting into an argument on how much quality they have, it was hardly the type of game to throw youngsters into.
Arteta's done it at Arsenal over experienced players. Now I'm not saying it'll get us winning results, but we want to see something different than years of seeing same ol performances from the likes of Fred.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Only other option was to throw either Iqbal or Mainoo in, without getting into an argument on how much quality they have, it was hardly the type of game to throw youngsters into.
As a sub at least ? What is Fred's point as a footballer ? He should never finish a game PL like that playing that badly. The kids don't play in the EL, they don't play in the PL.

Ludens the Red

He needs to make subs earlier, takes far too long at times to change a game. Between the 60th and 70th minute we basically did nothing in the game.
At the moment I think he’s being held back by the players who survived under Mourinho and Ole. I don’t think we can be effective as a team with the gaping holes we have at right back and in central midfield in particular. Dalot, Bruno, and whether it be Fred or Mctominay. These four players in particular are so bad on the ball right now and it’s a huge hindrance. They relinquish possession too much, make so many unforced errors and poor decisions in the final third, it’s a huge problem.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Two steps back for every three steps forward is the vibe of the season. But no real surprise as the team is still full of problems.

A goalkeeper who struggles to command his box and help his team in possession. A midfield who also struggle in possession, highlighting why a midfielder of FDJ's profile was ETH's main target this summer. A blank space where a top class CF should be. And then a host of players (Eriksen, Varane, Martinez) we struggle without because there's an immediate drop-off between them and whoever is behind them.

Still, Newcastle are an improving side so a draw against them isn't a nightmare I suppose.

kunal18

He has definitely improved the team play in general, but we need to start creating more and scoring more, that's a weakness clear to see even when we won 5 in a row.
We were fairly dominant today ,but the number of clear chances we created were few.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Fix defense, then attack turns off, De Gea shows form, then midfield plays scruffy pass after pass.

It will take a tough manager to address everything, especially with scum steering the club into Europa League level.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Garnacho not getting enough minutes and neither is Iqbal. Disappointing from ETH with the competition being pretty poor

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m not convinced by him yet, and wasn’t desperate for us to get him like lots on here were, but we’re obviously going to have to have a lot of patience for the next season or two. He’s taken on a big job.

Devil81

I actually thought he'd give more youth a chance if I'm honest, we certainly could have given 10 minutes to somebody today. Newcastle were camped back for the last 15 minutes.

Pellestri needs giving a shot, if he isn't good enough stop putting him on the bench and move him on.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
ETH seems to have our FB's tucking in a lot during the attack rather than overlapping their winger. So if we are going to do that and have the wingers provide the width, then why do we still have a lefty on the right and a righty on the left? I have never been a fan of the inverted winger. They try to score more often than they try to assist. I'd like to see Antony played on the left and see what he can do from that position. Especially considering that before he arrived Sancho had been playing well from the right....

Devil81

I’m not convinced by him yet, and wasn’t desperate for us to get him like lots on here were, but we’re obviously going to have to have a lot of patience for the next season or two. He’s taken on a big job.
Come on, he's done well so far.

Look how solid we've looked lately, that's down to his management. We just need a striker now and we will be in business.

Until we get one there will be plenty of frustrating days like this.

SER19

Poor bench today against a good team but with casemiro and fred on i think he has to leave Ronaldo on the pitch if bringing on rashford. If not to sacrifice one of fred or casemiro then get rashford on for sancho who was only okay again, and keep Ronaldo in the box

3KDré

So like I said, guy has no confidence on his bench
Which is fair enough.

We created plenty of chances today and controlled the game after the first 20/30 minutes. A fit striker, even Martial, and we score 2/3 today.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He watched us concede 4 against Brentford and 6 against City.
Different game. He was naive against City, that's partly on him. Newcastle camped inside their box, you need to go for it. 1 sub in a cirital game for us to win is crazy.

I actually thought he'd give more youth a chance if I'm honest, we certainly could have given 10 minutes to somebody today. Newcastle were camped back for the last 15 minutes.

Pellestri needs giving a shot, if he isn't good enough stop putting him on the bench and move him on.
There was a Ajax fan who said he doesn't give young players a chance unless forced too, seems to be true so far.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I don't think he did much wrong today. Once again poor finishing and terrible officiating let us down. He was having a go at that twat Pawson at the end which was great to see.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Come on, he's done well so far.

Look how solid we've looked lately, that's down to his management. We just need a striker now and we will be in business.

Until we get one there will be plenty of frustrating days like this.
I agree, I don’t think I slated him? We need a good striker and I think we still lack quality and numbers in midfield, once he gets that then we’ll see.

Flexdegea

Arteta's done it at Arsenal over experienced players. Now I'm not saying it'll get us winning results, but we want to see something different than years of seeing same ol performances from the likes of Fred.

All yous fans moaning right now would not give Hag the time to blood in a youth team. He be sacked in no time if he went down that route gambling on kids who have zero experience at this level, but let's chuck them sure. Disingenuous to claim arteta just done the same thing, when this is his 4th season I think. Hag into what 9th league game.

Look at the moaning on here when we are solid in a game, and really should have won it at the end.

Fooza

All yous fans moaning right now would not give Hag the time to blood in a youth team. He be sacked in no time if he went down that route gambling on kids who have zero experience at this level, but let's chuck them sure. Disingenuous to claim arteta just done the same thing, when this is his 4th season I think. Hag into what 9th league game.

Look at the moaning on here when we are solid in a game, and really should have won it at the end.
Criticising his lack of bravery and not putting faith in our talented youth doesn't mean we not giving EtH time. Ring your neck in, any criticism on here on Eth doesn't mean we want him out for crying out loud. Can we stop with this absurd agenda that supporters want him out just because certain things are pointed out against him?

Shark

@NotShark
No attacking patterns, playing like strangers when we get into the final third. Granted he does not have a great toolset to work with but we look very predictable and boring. Lack of creativity and desire to take the initiative. Intensity is not there.
What does this even mean? We have clearly a better attacking strategy. Newcastle played for the draw and we carved out two chances in the dying minutes that should have resulted in two goals.

RedOrange

Whatever the case may be, there ain't no way in hell Fred should finish the game. Someone playing that badly should never
Yeah you're right, a proper manager would have conjured a better player out of thin air, magically registered him after the deadline, forged his name in the teamsheet and then subbed him in at halftime.

Superunknown

I don't think he did much wrong today. Once again poor finishing and terrible officiating let us down. He was having a go at that twat Pawson at the end which was great to see.
Looking at his starting 11, I don't think there are too many issues there. He gave Ronaldo plenty of time on the pitch and then took him off at the right time (imo) for Rashford. He made the best use out of the players at his disposal.

The issue is the players that he has at his disposal.

Luka Mora

Jury still out for me. He's stabilised us somewhat but I'm not seeing much progressive intelligent football on display.

That along with not seeing any youth players being given any first team minutes when he's been advertised as a man who develops and promotes youth, makes me wonder if he's ready for this

In most games we've been treading our luck, Varane could have easily gave away a penalty today and seems we don't get started playing some semblance of positive football until our backs are against the wall.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Can see why Erik wants a striker and a midfielder.
Rashford was ill and Martial was not fit. So he had to start Ronaldo who is not good enough any more.
Fred is not good enough to play for us.

But the parasitic Disneyland fans wont spend.

The manager is set up to fail.

Ole'sattheWheel

I honestly thought this was the most "ten hag-ball" Game we've had under him so far.
Everyone did really well in terms of pressing, winning 2nd balls etc against a super scrappy midfield. Controlled the pace of the game well in parts - quick direct passes around the pitch to put newcastle under pressure.
Only thing was the final 3rd to be honest. Imagine we had that intensity in defence + midfield today along with some in-form attackers running riot. Woulda been 4-0. we stretched NCL wide open imo.

Infuriating to come away with a draw though - but we move

CloneMC16

Completely agree. If we had someone like Arteta doing what he did, he would have been sacked after his 2nd season.

Personally, I'm happy to see the defence looking more solid. It's the main thing I wanted after watching us concede for fun last season. We've had two really poor defensive games this season, but I think ETH has learned from them. The attacking patterns of play are going to take time improve.

ETH also doesn't have a striker he can rely on. I think these performances improve if we had one.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah you're right, a proper manager would have conjured a better player out of thin air, magically registered him after the deadline, forged his name in the teamsheet and then subbed him in at halftime.
Or use Iqbal ? He cannot be worse than the 90mins of real shite Fred served up. It's an option after all, he's on the bench.