Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 593 55.0%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 486 45.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

redmanx

ETH has got his work cut out to make us viable contenders again. First he has to get rid of the toxic elements in the dressing room asap or keep those he cant get rid of straight away far from the first team until he can get shot of them. Then he'll have to recruit quality players, but more importantly players who actually want to play for us as oppossed to posturing on social media. With the right blend of players, old and new, this should go a long way to healing the wounds and repairing the players confidence, but hes going to need 100% backing from the board, the management, the backroom staff and the players themselves. It wont happen overnight but hopefully next season will see us make stronger challenges for the Prem top 4, or 3 even, and the FA Cup. If we finish well maybe we can move on, but another terrible season like this could consign us to the middle or even lower reaches of the Prem for years to come.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I bet the club held off announcing it until now as they saw that Liverpool result coming and knew it'd cheer the fanbase up

Robbie Boy

We finally look like we're heading in the right direction! Welcome aboard to an absolute mess ETH!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Really hope we keep Rangnick and the two work together. I can only imagine how scathing the player reports would be coming from the German.

Could Murtough actually know what he's doing?
We can only hope. This past week or two feels like the beginning of competence and basic good decision-making returning to Old Trafford after far too long.

Give Erik the keys to the club; time, money, total control over who he rates and who he doesn't, and let's just see where we go.

onemanarmy

I bet the club held off announcing it until now as they saw that Liverpool result coming and knew it'd cheer the fanbase up
Or they agreed to wait because Ten Hag had a cup to compete for. But hey, what suits your agenda.

mctrials23

Its probably a hire that a lot of rival fans really didnt want.
I doubt they are too worried at the moment. They have recent history on their side that says we will make a massive feck up of this somehow.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
This guy need time to be successful at United but I believe that he can do that. He needs to adapt in different cultures and environments. I'm sure if United follows his guildline, everything will be better.

He will be an untouchable legend in future, just give him some time.

Congratulations, United

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It’s great news, easily the managerial appointment I’ve been most of excited about post Fergie.

Still think it will more than likely is end up in disarray as this is squad/culture/players/structure is such a long term project now that I can’t see any manager been given the time by the fans to turn it around. Nor can I see the bureaucracy at the club really allowing any manger to fully succeed.

but it’s a good appointment, I would feel more hopeful if it came with news that we where employing a director of football with a proven track record of squad building. But it’s clear there is no chance of that.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Not excited because whether it's a player or manager, the club sucks the life out of everyone. It's an almost impossible job but he needs to be given time.

Judas

Open to offers
Considering every appointment and nearly every transfer has been a failure, I don’t see much reason to have faith in the club.
What is genuinely the point of being interested in this form of entertainment if you're going to just be unrelentingly negative though? If you can't get excited or hopeful on days like this, I just don't see why you'd bother at all.

WPMUFC

does this mean the derby is just Ten Hag and Pep waxing their heads and the shiniest wins?

MUFC OK

Can't wait to see change. It may not be our panacea, but the rebuild starts now. I expect to see plenty of outgoings and recruitment that makes sense as a minimum.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Great appointment and exciting times. Since SAF we’ve appointed really badly. This feels like the right type of manager and the next big manager. So happy we got him and not Poch. For me managers are by far the biggest element of a football club.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Football is very different now.
That he's joining us at possibly our lowest ebb since we got relegated in the '70s is a testament to his character. He believes in his ability to do the job, clearly.

I can't wait to see what he can do. Nothing but positive vibes right now :drool:

Kaushal

Given the task he has on his hands it’s good he doesn’t have any hair on his head. Good luck Erik, welcome to the Devils pit.

Anyone knows what kind of personality he is? Meek ? Intimidating ? Can he stand up to the primadonnas here and tell them to feck off or he is shy and there is a chance he would get overwhelmed by the social media stars and the club in general ?

Denis79

Exciting! Just hope people will give him time and not expect miracles. This is the worst it has been since SAF retired and it will take time to rebuild.

Glorio

Really hope we keep Rangnick and the two work together. I can only imagine how scathing the player reports would be coming from the German.

Could Murtough actually know what he's doing?
Fletcher gets a lot of flak for being in and around training, but I think he will also be invaluable in exposing the characters we currently have in the dressing room to the new manager. And I can't believe for a second that a pure grafter like Fletcher has been overly impressed with some of the attitudes he's seen