Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I like that Ajax put the tweet with them shaking hands with Utd. Implies we felt with them respectfully, as we should.

stu_1992

Good stuff to finally see it done. As I mentioned before when it was looking all but finalised, this feels like one to be excited about. A manager on the up as opposed to our previous appointments. There's no guarantees of course, but with a manager that likes to actually have a team play good football coupled with some structural changes and hopefully a bit of a squad overhaul, it finally feels like there's some thought to this which is reason to be positive for sure.

Oranges038

Cannot wait to see what he does.

It'll also be fun watching all the Poch fans meltdown after a few bad games.

Nogbadthebad

Announcing it this early suggests that they are worried about fan engagement and they are expecting some humiliations against arsenal and chelsea.

I am too, to be fair.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sorry you’ll be ruining your career

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I can see us winning all our remaining games now, aggregate score will be 55-0!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I like that Ajax put the tweet with them shaking hands with Utd. Implies we felt with them respectfully, as we should.
Same. Would be good to ensure we have good relations with the club. If ETH is successful, I hope he can transform, from first club down to academy, the way we play football. Can prove to be a good relationship (both ways) with Ajax if that's the case.

laughtersassassin

As good as we could hope for and my first choice.

There are no Peps or Klopps available so the best thing to do is try buy potential. ( I know he is 50 but he seems to have potential)

Obviously he will fail if how the club is run isn't changed.
Needs to be allowed selll as many players as he wants this summer.

Rangick has said this week we should be singing 6-10 players and letting go a huge amount of the squad and I agree with him.

No point taking 5 years to do a rebuild as it's all but guaranteed to fail before it gets started.

The team has no chemistry or quality together so no reason not to rip it all apart and start again.

OleksUsykUD

While i'm not a fan of him, and think he is totally unproven, and it's yet to see if he is going to be average, good or great i would be 100% be behind him and be unbiased when he took over and judge him based on the result, not my agenda.

And still saying all that i think he will be the best manager since SAF.

Wish him all the best and hope for a great moments with him.

Elcabron

Delighted to announce that I am wasting one of my five daily posts to wish ETH well, best of luck Erik.

Exciting times ahead.

AngliaRed

Great news!

Now be ruthless, make the feckers work harder in training! implement a plan and sell all the deadwood, even if it means promoting youth and it taking a couple of seasons to build the team you want.

Oh and change captain.

WPMUFC

Can we hire our video editors to run the club because that edit is FIRE!! :devil:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Great appointment. Fix the rest of the club and we might be in with a shot.

Zen86

Obviously great for us, although I really can't fathom why he would possibly want to join us. He must've received some pretty hefty guarantees.

Loon

:lol:
Finally get my first choice as manager. Excited and cautious at the same time. Will take it on the chin if it doesnwork out, but truly hope it does.

Judas

Open to offers
Most important and exciting hire since Fergie left. It could go absolutely terribly, but we're doing something right for a change, a brilliant risk. First step on the road hopefully to this club getting back to where it belongs.

Loon

:lol:
Obviously great for us, although I really can't fathom why he would possibly want to join us. He must've received some pretty hefty guarantees.
It’s one of the biggest jobs in football. That’s why Ferguson took it when we were in similar state.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Nice to have this confirmed so soon. As we all know there are never any guarantees in football but the past few months have seen a change in direction at the club and this is certainly the type of appointment that we should be making at this time. Lets hope the fans can give him the patience that he will undoubtedly need, and deserves, to turn this tanker around.