Despite a very important win today, I thought it was a bad game from him.
- He never rotates, then totally overdoes it when he does. No reason to chop and change that much today, especially after not doing so in the second-leg of the Capital One Cup semis. Not a logical way to ration the squad.
- Starting Maguire out of what I can only imagine must be some sense of duty to play him every once in a while, despite him seemingly having decided that Lindelöf was ahead in the pecking order.
- Starting Wout Weghorst again after how poor he's been lately. Just play Rashford through the middle with Garnacho out left. Wout is clearly hampering our chance-creation, which wasn't great to begin with.
- Keeping Weghorst on the pitch after that first half, even playing him as a no. 10 in the last 30 minutes. Inexplicable. (He did do okay there).
- Once again hesitating at least 10 minutes too long to change things when everyone could see things were not going our way.
Good substitution with Martinez on for Malacia, though, and three very important points. But we need to be more creative than we are, our points per game average is just not sustainable until we start creating a lot more chances. A very Ole esque game today, no real structure, no control, no creativity.