Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 376 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,043 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mailo

Masterminded the Weghorst to no. 10 position - changed the game with Martínez coming on.

Erics_Collar

USA Network is something else.

"Manchester United have always had stars. Cristiano Ronaldo was a star. Marcus Rashford is a star. The star today is that balding gentleman on the sidelines, Erik Ten Hag."

Wtf :lol:

Speako

Won us the game today. Credit where it’s due. Brilliant from ETH. Remember he can only work with what he’s got, imagine this guy with two more £200m+ windows under his belt. Love him.

kidbob

I love him but that performance was worrying. I know we are missing half a team but we should still be able to show a lot better than that against the likes of Leeds. Hopefully just a bit of a blip because Leicester will tear us apart if we play like that against them.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
USA Network is something else.

"Manchester United have always had stars. Cristiano Ronaldo was a star. Marcus Rashford is a star. The star today is that balding gentleman on the sidelines, Erik Ten Hag."

Wtf :lol:
Yeah, the hair went a long time ago. Ain’t no “ing” in that baldness.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I have no idea what he was trying in the first half .

3 man defence with Dalot, Maguire and Shaw . Surely, Martinez or Lindelof would have been better options ?
Malacia was playing inside of midfield. Surely, Shaw is a better option ? .

But he changed things in second half and it worked brilliantly. Wout as a 10 was a brilliant move and moving Sabitzer to right back to pin balls to left was also great.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I love him but that performance was worrying. I know we are missing half a team but we should still be able to show a lot better than that against the likes of Leeds. Hopefully just a bit of a blip because Leicester will tear us apart if we play like that against them.
Makeshift defence, 2 best midfielders out, No Antony nor Martial, I think it's too be expected we don't have world class strength in depth.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I love him. If he gets us in the top 4 (and potentially wins a trophy) he has had a fantastic first season.

kidbob

Makeshift defence, 2 best midfielders out, No Antony nor Martial, I think it's too be expected we don't have world class strength in depth.
Of course. I've always said ETH is fighting a huge battle this season in terms of squad. Just expected a bit better control against Leeds is all. To be fair he absolutely corrected that with his subs. As I said I love having him as manager and I'm fully behind him.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
“He doesn’t rotate enough and the players will be burnt out”
-Rotates-
“Awful selection choices with the starting lineup today”

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not for me. Garnacho is the perfect impact player off the bench. He isn't as effective as a starter.
Agreed.

Leeds setup in a mid-block press off the ball and it was causing all sorts of problems in the build up due to how bad some of our players are in the first phase on the ball. Erik ten Hag isn't a miracle worker and even Maguire who is decent on the ball was very poor with several misplaced cross field passes along with taking too long on the ball. Arsenal just about got away with a 1-0 win from Leeds at Elland Road this season.

Fred was given the MOTM award and he did fine off the ball but when you have Fred, DdG and a Maguire who was making basic errors, then a team like Leeds (especially with their fans behind them) with their high energy pressing will throw a spanner in the works and make the progression a lot more difficult for their opponent.

Leeds under Bielsa played with high risk against us but the current Leeds team is more balanced in their approach.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He won us the game again today. Well in Boss!

Great to see him so animated and celebrating today, he's usually cool as a cucumber.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The game actually changed due to Sabitzer's crossfield pass to Shaw who crossed superbly for Rashford to finish with aplomb. But that pass from Sabitzer broke Leeds.

STYLOISRED

Of course. I've always said ETH is fighting a huge battle this season in terms of squad. Just expected a bit better control against Leeds is all. To be fair he absolutely corrected that with his subs. As I said I love having him as manager and I'm fully behind him.
There was no way we were controlling this game with Fred and Sabitzer in midfield. I guess the plan in the beginning was to slug it out early and then go for it in the last minutes of the match when the Leeds players started getting tired. Was it pretty? No. But with so many games to play in such a short period of time, he has to get creative.

Reactions: Cheimoon

El Jefe

“He doesn’t rotate enough and the players will be burnt out”
-Rotates-
“Awful selection choices with the starting lineup today”
It's bizzare isn't it. He was getting pelters for the starting lineup but it was really just the angry kids upset that Maguire was playing.

With the number of games we have its was inevitable Maguire would get some games so no point complaining about it when it happens, especially if it doesn't happen often.

kidbob

There was no way we were controlling this game with Fred and Sabitzer in midfield. I guess the plan in the beginning was to slug it out early and then go for it in the last minutes of the match when the Leeds players started getting tired. Was it pretty? No. But with so many games to play in such a short period of time, he has to get creative.
Yeah thats fair enough.

Renegade

People are so desperate to be mad at him. How can you see the turn around with the challenges his faces this season and not just get off his back?

InfiniteBoredom

7 points above 5th with half our starting XI injured/suspended.

Man doing a stellar job, now just beat the barcodes to get that first taste of silverware.

Member 125398

Despite a very important win today, I thought it was a bad game from him.

- He never rotates, then totally overdoes it when he does. No reason to chop and change that much today, especially after not doing so in the second-leg of the Capital One Cup semis. Not a logical way to ration the squad.

- Starting Maguire out of what I can only imagine must be some sense of duty to play him every once in a while, despite him seemingly having decided that Lindelöf was ahead in the pecking order.

- Starting Wout Weghorst again after how poor he's been lately. Just play Rashford through the middle with Garnacho out left. Wout is clearly hampering our chance-creation, which wasn't great to begin with.

- Keeping Weghorst on the pitch after that first half, even playing him as a no. 10 in the last 30 minutes. Inexplicable. (He did do okay there).

- Once again hesitating at least 10 minutes too long to change things when everyone could see things were not going our way.

Good substitution with Martinez on for Malacia, though, and three very important points. But we need to be more creative than we are, our points per game average is just not sustainable until we start creating a lot more chances. A very Ole esque game today, no real structure, no control, no creativity.
Some on here must spend all night complaining about a wet patch in the bed after a good shag.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a job he’s done

I doubted taking Sancho off but his changes worked perfectly. Weighorts improved at 10, Rashford got his goal and Garnacho made a big impact

Red_Aaron

He's working miracles with this squad, absolute miracles

I love that he's our manager. We're gonna be a European force again real soon - yeah I said it

baskinginthesun

The man knows how to change a game. 8 goals from subs this season, which is the highest from any team in the league.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That was masterclass tactical move dropped Weghorst into no 10 and played Rashford as no 9. No one would see it through.

kidbob

Some on here must spend all night complaining about a wet patch in the bed after a good shag.
First time I've ever spoken against him. I've acknoweledged the horrible time hes had with the squad but its fine to criticise sometimes. Doesn't mean I want him gone or anything. Best manager we've had since SAF by far.

Lights Out

Wow - I said in the thread that I was dreading the game after seeing the team but he just saw it as an opportunity to rest a couple.

In Erik we should trust.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That was masterclass tactical move dropped Weghorst into no 10 and played Rashford as no 9. No one would see it through.
100%

Weghorst gave us the fight we needed in midfield where Fernandes just wasn't able/wanting to.

He won so many 2nd balls, pressed hard to win the ball with fred for our 2nd goal and played the killer pass too.

Say it quietly but maybe.... Rashford up top and Fernandes LW in the future?