g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Circus back in town

These two things make sense though?

You can have a long term AND a short term plan, Maguire goes end of the year and a new club captain is appointed for the long term, but in the short term you keep it on the current vice captain.

matt10000

How do you actually come back from a 7-0 against Liverpool? I was taking the piss earlier but what can he actually do? Like, is there actually any coming back from this? He'd have to win a Prem for me to forgive him for this.
Amoebas have no brain cells

UDontMessWith24

Saying "nonsense" doesn't actually add validity to what comes next in your post. Yes, because my post says that good teams were never hammered before the 7-0 this weekend. Freakish days :lol: It's like the 3rd of 4th time Ten Hag's set-up sees United getting stuffed this season.

Trying to act as if Ferguson didn't regularly take a more conservative approach in these games is incredibly wrong and revisionist.
Nonsense is just an accurate description in this case

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Circus back in town

To be honest, Casemiro will be better choice. Bruno is too emotional and i would prefer him to play without this added baggage. Dont think it is that bad of leak if it is one.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
For me it was a freak result and one we'll put behind us fairly soon. Of course it's extremely disappointing to lose 7-0 against our biggest rival. But if we go on to win another trophy this season and make top 4, then that'll be our best season post Fergie.

The debacle yesterday took place from the moment Luke Shaw made a terrible pass in the second half, which gave Liverpool a 2-0 lead. But from that moment on in the second half and to the end of the game, some of our players capitulated mentally imo. And it seems to me that there's a good few in the team that are either very timid or easily rattled. And that basically meant that we lost composure and positional discipline in the second half. And some of those players have been at the club for many years. Hopefully the psychologist will help in that regard.

The second half yesterday was extremely disappointing but it will make us stronger for the remainder of the season imo and it will hopefully aid ten Hag to better plan for the following season. This is a club that has been wounded by the damage the Glazer ownership has done to it, for well over a decade. We will rise again, but the effects of those wounds will show up from time to time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To be honest, Casemiro will be better choice. Bruno is too emotional and i would prefer him to play without this added baggage. Dont think it is that bad of leak if it is one.
Casemiro doesn't speak English no?

UDontMessWith24

I hope the message being conveyed is if you as a player are mentally weak enough to default to dropping your shoulders, abandoning your responsibilities and doing your own thing on the pitch, dropping your running levels, and generally berate and point fingers at your teammates, you have no business in a Man United shirt.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I fecking despise that this Anfield shite has become such a thing. It’s a shithole and I feel like every team just falls for the narrative. Madrid took the piss there a few weeks ago.

Hughie77

Listen to the dick Bent on Talkshite, someone needs to be sacked after the result, was he saying that after Villa put 7 past scum, we put 8 past gooners.

The reaction is typical stick the knife in attitude, Same people choked on having to say something nice when we won league cup.

EtH has won a trophy with 8mth in charge of wha was a fecking mess, 1 dreadfull result only because it was Liverpool there is major overreaction. We're still in 3rd still in FA cup and Europa league, you swear we just lost 7 games not 1.. 7 nil.. played 21 games in around 11 weeks or so. And 2 losses in that. And you get people like D . Bent wanting someone to get sacked.

Hughie77

I hope the message being conveyed is if you as a player are mentally weak enough to default to dropping your shoulders, abandoning your responsibilities and doing your own thing on the pitch, dropping your running levels, and generally berate and point fingers at your teammates, you have no business in a Man United shirt.
There is going to be some harsh words spoken between players and staff. Need to bring it on Thursday now every one be watching to see what happens

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
I'm convinced it was an incident. So I'm not too fussed. Still annoying to deal with people meming me on WhatsApp.

My trust in ETH won't fade over one (very) bad result. We won games that were more important recently.

C3Pique

Listen to the dick Bent on Talkshite, someone needs to be sacked after the result, was he saying that after Villa put 7 past scum, we put 8 past gooners.

The reaction is typical stick the knife in attitude, Same people choked on having to say something nice when we won league cup.

EtH has won a trophy with 8mth in charge of wha was a fecking mess, 1 dreadfull result only because it was Liverpool there is major overreaction. We're still in 3rd still in FA cup and Europa league, you swear we just lost 7 games not 1.. 7 nil.. played 21 games in around 11 weeks or so. And 2 losses in that. And you get people like D . Bent wanting someone to get sacked.
All the ABUs will be trying to undermine him because they fear what he is capable of if he gets backed. Pretty sure after Moyes and Ole got beaten they were all banging on about how they need time.

Rival pundits trying to undermine him show just how scared of him they are.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm convinced it was an incident. So I'm not too fussed. Still annoying to deal with people meming me on WhatsApp.

My trust in ETH won't fade over one (very) bad result. We won games that were more important recently.
Exactly, if we had to lose one of the 4 games against Barca, Newcastle, West Ham, and Liverpool, then we lost the right one.

I just think we piled everything that could have gone wrong for us in so many other games in our fantastic run since the WC all into this one game, a unique event. As hard as it is to take, it's still only 3 points, we've not a cup final, and not been knocked out of a competition.

Hoof the ball

Games post-World Cup (competitive)

United - 21 games
City - 18 games
Arsenal - 14 games!
Liverpool - 16 games

Overall Fixtures played

United - 42 games
City - 40 games
Arsenal - 35 games
Liverpool - 38 games

Fecking says it all really.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Highlighted on Sky just now how we've only taken 4 points from 8 games against the top 12 away from home (last minute winner at Fulham and draws at Palace and Chelsea). That's really poor with Brighton, Spurs and Newcastle still to come.

Thankfully our home results are much improved from previous seasons.

Fts 74

No one is asking for his sack really, nor am I, so I don't understand comments like that. I don't think that result is acceptable at all, and surely not to be blamed on a lack of signings or it being his first year. I think that is just making excuses. He's got basically more to spend than any other manager on a team that already had some top class players like Rashford, Bruno, Varane, Shaw. He's done a very good job, and is so much better than the previous dross we have had for managers, but there should be no excuses.

There should be no excuse for such a match, neither our tough game schedule, just can't blame it on that personally.
I think I confidently say that no Utd fan on here or anywhere for that matter found yesterday's result acceptable because it was a disaster, to lose 7-0 to them of all teams is just the stuff of nightmares.

Everyone is quite rightly venting but where or when do we draw the line?There's a game on Thursday what shall we do call for the managers head boo the players?The manager and the players have to stick together ride it out it's how we respond which is important now as we can't change what happened yesterday.

Moan vent your disgust by all means and believe me I don't like it anymore than you but we have to look forwards now.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think I confidently say that no Utd fan on here or anywhere for that matter found yesterday's result acceptable because it was a disaster, to lose 7-0 to them of all teams is just the stuff of nightmares.

Everyone is quite rightly venting but where or when do we draw the line?There's a game on Thursday what shall we do call for the managers head boo the players?The manager and the players have to stick together ride it out it's how we respond which is important now as we can't change what happened yesterday.

Moan vent your disgust by all means and believe me I don't like it anymore than you but we have to look forwards now.
But what is unacceptable? What does that mean (to you)?

I agree with you nonetheless, I personally dont want EtH and I believe no one does. All I am is saying is that this can't keep happening, regardless of the progress we've made. It is genuinely a disgrace and not 'just a loss, 3 points lost is 3 points lost. That's all really.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I just hope he’s ruthless in the summer and decides to cull the under performers and mentally weak. RB is a priority as much as posters here laud dalot. 2 midfielders are a must along with a striker and GK. I’m sick of the meek de gea. Regarding the RW situation I don’t even know what to make of it after spending £150m on two useless hopeless slow “can’t beat a man” wingers.

Loon

:lol:
I thought after last season Ten Hag would replace that United side entirely within 18 months. Instead, he has got some great mileage out of the remaining players, but I do wonder how many of them he really trusts and what he'll do in the summer.

Fts 74

I agree with you nonetheless, I personally dont want EtH and I believe no one does. All I am is saying is that this can't keep happening, regardless of the progress we've made. It is genuinely a disgrace and not 'just a loss, 3 points lost is 3 points lost. That's all really.
I'm not singling you out as you a right in a lot of what you say.
It's nowhere near acceptable to me, in my 40 years of following Utd I can't think of a worse result a few stick out 5-1 at Maine Rd 1-6 to City 0-5 last season, but it's done we can't change it, 10 minutes for some of the away fans in the dressing room last night with the players would've been nice to see.

We'll forgive eventually but we'll never forget now its important we get back to winning ways and give ETH the backing he deserves in the summer to stop results like this happening again.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Highlighted on Sky just now how we've only taken 4 points from 8 games against the top 12 away from home (last minute winner at Fulham and draws at Palace and Chelsea). That's really poor with Brighton, Spurs and Newcastle still to come.

Away has been a big concern despite the obviously good things that have been happening this season. Any team with De Gea, Shaw, and Bruno in it is susceptible to collapse. We’ve seen it so many times now.

Flexdegea

Who you preaching too here?

Keep repeating the same thing. If we got tanked another game In league, and won FA cup of Europa League while getting into the champs league. No one will care, it's like you saying he shouldn't be sacked, but he should be sacked, I don't get the point you making.

3 or 7 nil, it's just a game lost. If they where happening every other game then we got a serious serious issue. That's not the case, last 26 games been 18 wins I think, and only 2 defeats. Been unreal form to be honest.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

It's sky being selective to promote an agenda. We are 3rd in the away table. The very same position we are in the league.

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england

mav_9me

This is the bigger issue imo. Yeah losing 6-3 and 7-0 away to your biggest rivals sucks but clearly this away record is a bigger issue. And this falls on ETH for not setting us up right imo. Need to go with a stronger midfield, take control of the middle, earn the right to play.

NewUser777

It's sky being selective to promote an agenda. We are 3rd in the away table. The very same position we are in the league.

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england
You sure? Not you being selective? We had a record run away from home. Surely improving our home performances would help?

Not taking a piss here mate.. But we have a bit of squad building left. And getting the best out of our players. How come AWB being dropped for Liverpool?

NewUser777

This is the bigger issue imo. Yeah losing 6-3 and 7-0 away to your biggest rivals sucks but clearly this away record is a bigger issue. And this falls on ETH for not setting us up right imo. Need to go with a stronger midfield, take control of the middle, earn the right to play.
Exactly mate. Midfield is the Achilles for Liverpool. And who ever thought that Van Hurst, or what not was the answer to our problems.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Who you preaching too here?

Keep repeating the same thing. If we got tanked another game In league, and won FA cup of Europa League while getting into the champs league. No one will care, it's like you saying he shouldn't be sacked, but he should be sacked, I don't get the point you making.

3 or 7 nil, it's just a game lost. If they where happening every other game then we got a serious serious issue. That's not the case, last 26 games been 18 wins I think, and only 2 defeats. Been unreal form to be honest.
I see where you stand, fair play.

NewUser777

Absolute rubbish analysis! (From TsuWave media post - I am not allowed to comment on media..) You can pack it anyway you like, and it will stick like cowshit on a window.. But this is the same “brain fart” in mentality we have seen the past four years. The most worrying is our captain running around like a pantsy..

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
One thing to consider for all the people comparing Ten Hag's potential points tally to Ole's and Jose's need to understand Ten Hag's starting point. Last season was the worst United team in Premier League history.

Firas United

After more than 24 hours of yesterday’s disaster the logical opinion is that we are all let down by the players that’s for sure however there are 2 players I’m more disappointed by than the others … I think what happened in Liverpool’s match was the feeling of arrogance from the players and even Ten Hag .. after the long good streak plus defeating Barcelona top of la liga and the comeback Wednesday night against West Ham gave the players the feeling that everything is going their way … it was like this in their minds “missing a change ? No problem we will get another … I’m dispossessed ? No problem we will survive … 1-0 down ? No problem we will come back “ laziness and chaos and untidy positions

Actually I was expecting this slap to happen after the good streak and it is kinda normal with the mentality of the players we have yes they have improved under ETH but let’s not forget that these are almost same players they stopped performing for 2 managers ! 7 months are never enough to clear and switch the mentality of a team and still ETH in this short period of time did much better than I expected when it comes to the mentality … I was hoping this slap not to come towards the end of the season and to happen early if it had to happen and I got what I wanted ( of course to happen against Liverpool is the last thing I ever wanted ) I expected it against Barcelona then before Liverpool match I felt it was coming never expected it that harsh but I felt it

Example of our situation is Pep in his first season as City manager … he took a team which was PL champions 2 years before and after very good streak the players started to feel the arrogance of “ we are champions players - we are under the management of Pep - we will never lose etc “ as a result 4-0 defeat to Barcelona then 4-0 defeat to Everton later that season and 4-2 defeat to Leicester … Pep needed these heavy defeated as City players needed them as we needed that as well … and I hope ETH exploits this situation just like Pep

I trust Ten Hag and how he’s gonna deal with this issue … the upcoming 2 matches against Betis and Southampton are the most important 2 matches in the season imo … to see the reactions of the players , the reactions of ETH and the reactions of the players on ETH’s changes … I’m sure that he will be taking notes in the following 2-3 weeks and in these weeks he will decide who’s gonna be part of the project and who’s not … I’m sure there will be one surprising decision next year and one big superstar at lease won’t be part of the team and of course as everyone knows we need to enter the transfer window and support ETH with at least 4 signings but even with that defeat I never lost the trust in ETH

Reactions: Sultan

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
So the clear black mark against EtH that comes to mind right now is he's not pragmatic enough in the big away games. Shipping 6 against Man City, and 7 against Liverpool trying to go toe to toe is naive in his first season. Some pragmatism, and solidifying the middle of the pitch would have been the way to go.