Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 612 55.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 489 44.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He can feck off if he enters next year with de Gea as our starting keeper.

TsuWave

Who else should've started? Have you seen the bench?

Back this guy to the max. Get rid of the ones that doesn't belong here anymore and sign everyone he wants.
Anyone besides Eriksen, we needed legs.

You're free to think of him as infallible, I'm backing him, it was a positive season - but I hope he's better next season

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think he could have made some better selections today and changes earlier but it’s not like we are blessed with loads of quality options. Overall the game plan worked today, they scored two incredibly unlikely goals to win it. With a couple key signings who fit the plan, it could make a big difference.

marktan

He's a good manager for beating the lower teams, but he's quite limited as a tactical manager in the heads up matches.

Starting Eriksen, Sancho and Bruno gave us no pace, almost no threat on the counter. He has to be starting Garnacho for his pace. He's like the reverse Ole, good against most teams, bad against the big ones.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Doing his best with what he's got unfortunately. I hope we buy well this summer because there's a hell of a gap in quality between us and that city side.

Stadjer

Look at his bench today versus theres.

Beaten by one worldie and De Gea going down in stages.
One team keeps the starting striker of the World Cup winning country on the bench. The other team brings on Wout Weghorst.... a bit of a difference that is. :lol:

el3mel

I don't think we were tactically well, rather City were shit, but at the same time we didn't have enough options to do anything more than that. It was either Eriksen or Weghorst starting, mind you.

abailey123

Back this fella to the hilt in the summer.
He’s the guy who’ll bring the premier league back to old Trafford

Judas

Open to offers
I don't put much blame at his door, probably I'd have like to see us go with Garnacho instead of Sancho who just has zero fire in his belly. I can see why we played Eriksen, but the fella has been dreadful since he came back from injury.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He needs to focus on rectifying whatever it is that makes us conceding after 13 seconds totally expected. Unless of course it's nothing to do with the players, which would be disastrous for us in trying to get close to being a serious challenger for the big trophies.
Expected? What on earth are you on about

hobbers

Another game getting away from us that Erik has given up, by subbing on Weghorst for no discernible reason other than pity.

Thankfully the last time he'll ever have that option.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not like he had many options to be fair. We really need to be bringing in 2 strikers in the summer. One oldish and a young striker
I get that, and I completely empathize with him on our lack of options. I just wish he'd try something new and experiment a bit instead of resorting to a tactic that's proven to not work.

Crimson King

I want to back him but then you hear about Mason Mount being a major target and alarm bells go off
It doesn't ring alarm bells for me. I can see why the signing makes a lot of sense, especially when most of the budget needs to go towards a striker, maybe 2. And the homegrown contingent is growing awfully thin.

Abraxas

He's a good manager for beating the lower teams, but he's quite limited as a tactical manager in the heads up matches.

Starting Eriksen, Sancho and Bruno gave us no pace, almost no threat on the counter. He has to be starting Garnacho for his pace. He's like the reverse Ole, good against most teams, bad against the big ones.
What are you talking about? He's had results against big sides this season. The results against the big sides correlate exactly with where we ended up. Worse than City and Arsenal, better than the rest.

Don't know why people start talking rubbish after a result. It doesn't alter history.

Idxomer

The Weghorst sub was actually good, he offered aerial threat maybe for the first time in his United stint.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

:houllier:

Anduin

No issues with his management today and his first season overall. Slightly disappointed we didn't go all the way in the Europa League, but we were an Antony goal (shot hits the inside of the post) away from putting them away.

His main test starts now, is he ruthless enough to get rid of De Gea? If he doesn't we won't progress as much as we could.

Zoo

Another game getting away from us that Erik has given up, by subbing on Weghorst for no discernible reason other than pity.

Thankfully the last time he'll ever have that option.
Rashford came alive with Weghorst on. Ten Hag is working with scraps

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Did all he could today. Only criticism from me is throwing Weghorst on when we're chasing a goal, despite all the evidence that it just blunts the little attack we have. Regardless, we would've lost either way, so it's a moot point.
Then again we weren't creating anything with the starters and he had to do something I suppose. The options were more or less him, McTominay or Maguire in the box.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Did well today, squeezed what he could. True test is what he does over the summer and if he can spot the current weak links and be ruthless enough to cull those who aren’t good enough in the long term.

Golden Nugget

It’s like I watched a different game. Against a better side and a much better squad, we gave them a game and played well in large parts of it. I understand the disappointment- but criticizing ETH is baffling

ManRed

That game and the season generally should have given the manager an idea of what we are lacking. Hope the ownership issue doesnt mess with our transfer plans. We honestly could come out like a beast next season with the right signings.

OverratedOpinion

Set us up very well to nullify them, neither of their goals are down to tactics. Can't really fault him today, would have hoped for more on the break but they defended pretty well. I can only say Garnacho should have gotten more time.

cyberman

Did all he could today. Only criticism from me is throwing Weghorst on when we're chasing a goal, despite all the evidence that it just blunts the little attack we have. Regardless, we would've lost either way, so it's a moot point.
I thought we vastly improved when Weghorst came in. Funnily enough it was like an extra man in midfield

Sgreddevil

If he persists with De Gea as No 1 Gk for next season, he can feck off with hin together.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No real complaints today, expected result against a far better side.

So much quality still required in this squad to get anywhere near City. They are on a different level thanks to years of terrible recruitment.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
ETH will need to decide on who his number 1 keeper will be next season but from an in-game management perspective he did brilliantly with the horrendous squad depth we have.