Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 619 47.7%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 679 52.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He couldn’t have done much more with the players available. Unlike many claim, I don’t feel we are miles away from competing at the highest level. We are a gk, a good striker and a cm (who can keep and pass a football at a high level) away.
He's quite obviously up against a better team, but it's all about how ruthless he'll be in the summer. He needs to let Dave go for one thing. Maybe chasing after Mount is a way to also not be overly reliant upon Bruno.

I do agree though with those thinking Sancho shouldn't have been on as long as he has been. Garnacho causes havoc to opposition defenses, why leave him on the bench so long.

Anyhow, losing 2-1 to this City side will be par for the course.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
After he’s just hit a slight bit of form on the right, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
Exactly.

We have left wingers - choosing Sancho on the left when he has only showed form on the right was basically playing with 10 men.

maximus419

Tactically i thought EtH did well today, we just haven't had the quality.

No lack of effort, just a lack of quality.
Not too sure about that, for a while it's been evident that Eriksen hasn't got the mobility for the higher pace and energy games and we were really carrying him which made us lacking in the ability to press City.

Starting Mctominay who'd offer that energy and physical presence would've made more sense. Similarly playing rashford through the middle doesn't work, he's not got the attributes and hold up play to build off, especially when we were forced to play long so much.

PoTMS

Target achieved for the season. We better play a lot better football next season.

L1nk

Not too sure about that, for a while it's been evident that Eriksen hasn't got the mobility for the higher pace and energy games and we were really carrying him which made us lacking in the ability to press City.

Starting Mctominay who'd offer that energy and physical presence would've made more sense. Similarly playing rashford through the middle doesn't work, he's not got the attributes and hold up play to build off, especially when we were forced to play long so much.
The problem is who does he play, I mean we're missing 3 key players and our bench is absolutely garbage compared to City's. They're bringing on Foden and co and we have to rely on - an albeit talented - 18 year old and an on loan Wout Weghorst to try and get anything

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Did all he could today. Only criticism from me is throwing Weghorst on when we're chasing a goal, despite all the evidence that it just blunts the little attack we have. Regardless, we would've lost either way, so it's a moot point.

KeanoMagicHat

Play that again with 2-3 new additions and we have a good shot. Not a bad effort but ultimately a couple too many passengers.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Did all he could today. Only criticism from me is throwing Weghorst on when we're chasing a goal, despite all the evidence that it just blunts the little attack we have. Regardless, we would've lost either way, so it's a moot point.
Not like he had many options to be fair. We really need to be bringing in 2 strikers in the summer. One oldish and a young striker

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Beyond me why he persisted with him. Absolute nothing player
If he started on the right that’s fine because he showed some ability there the last few games but he basically started with a reduced attacking line up with Sancho on the left.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thought we played well but we’re let down by lack of depth / quality and our lovely GK

Irwin99

We can say that and we can say Garnacho should have started but Mctominay has hardly played and Erisken was needed to be a creative outlet (one of the very few we have).

Sancho and Eriksen were disappointing it has to be said but i don't think them starting was controversial.

Out tactical plan was decent we just don't have the players to match City.

RedStarUnited

His insistance on Wout and refusing to try someone else has cost us a few times this season.

Idxomer

He did well but he needs someone else to pick up his transfer targets if we want to catch up with City.

Parma Dewol

Did what he could with this squad, exceeding my expectations. Now give him the backing he needs.

Abraxas

Good management. He had us in the game. What else are you going to do as manager with our squad against theirs. You just have to stay in the game and hope things go for you. It didn't.

TsuWave

Doesn't help himself. Starting Eriksen, insisting on Weghorst.

I hope he's better next season

el3mel

That Scott was useless. Could have done without it at all. Don't make subs when the options on the bench is worse than those on the pitch.

Otherwise, the team with the more quality won. The most disappointing thing is City were underwhelming today, probably one of their worst games this season, and they still managed the game quite well bar few moments.

We're very far away and need a lot of signings to challenge next year. Hopefully the club doesn't believe the likes of Mount are going to close the gap with KDB, Gundogan and Silva.

Leg-End

He’s done well with what he had, let him wield the axe to this team and built a real one.

mu4c_20le

City are just a much better side than you. No shame in that.
Yep. We're a work in progress, can see inspells what we were trying to do, but their squad is the result of half a decade of financial doping, was always going to be an uphill battle.

Crimson King

Need to back him in the summer. The fact he's dragged this shower to 3rd is almost a miracle itself.

Drifter

American
Big test, and he failed,not sure where we go from here next season, just have to see what happens in the transfer window

crossy1686

career ending
If he started on the right that’s fine because he showed some ability there the last few games but he basically started with a reduced attacking line up with Sancho on the left.
I’m just fecking done with Sancho to be honest. Nothing player, no fight, no engine, no character, just predictable cowardliness in every big moment. He should have come off at half time for Garnacho and Weghorst, as shit as he is, should have come on for Eriksen. We needed the legs and we needed more dynamism

Prodigy24

Doesn't help himself. Starting Eriksen, insisting on Weghorst.

I hope he's better next season
Who else should've started? Have you seen the bench?

Back this guy to the max. Get rid of the ones that doesn't belong here anymore and sign everyone he wants.

m1tch

He needs to focus on rectifying whatever it is that makes us conceding after 13 seconds totally expected. Unless of course it's nothing to do with the players, which would be disastrous for us in trying to get close to being a serious challenger for the big trophies.

Delano

Look at his bench today versus theres.

Beaten by one worldie and De Gea going down in stages.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Yeah he should've started McTominay, whose last start for us was *checks notes* feck knows when, in our biggest game of the season. No one would criticise him for that.

The fact he's bringing on Garnacho, Weghorst and McTominay today shows how well he's done with the squad he has. And people who are arguing it should be Pellestri over Weghorst isn't exactly damning of Ten Hag. The options for a cup final are poor no matter which way you look at it.

Antony is essential against City as you need someone to carry the ball to take pressure off, but we lose him too.

Zoo

No Antony or Martal today and a deficient unbalanced squad. He's been great and now needs backing