g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
No...that would be sexist and less fun!
I doubt Rasmus would want to be introduce with the song "Pretty woman walking down the street" anyways what do i know people are more open to weird things today compare to the 90s...

croadyman

I doubt Rasmus would want to be introduce with the song "Pretty woman walking down the street" anyways what do i know people are more open to weird things today compare to the 90s...
Yeah clearly more of an In The Shadows intro

NoPace

So nice to have a manager who doesn't seem to have huge blindspots and is acting logically. If the summer is Onana-Amrabat-Mount-Hojlund then we've really strengthened our spine and maybe we'll even be able to swap Maguire for a younger CB to complete things in that regard.

We have young talent in attack, just need two of Hojliund, Sancho, Antony or Garnacho to make the leap to stardom and join Rashford in the starting group. Not a perfect XI or anything and I don't think Mount would have been the signing I went with at his price and wages, but the squad looks in good shape overall unless Hojlund is just not ready for the Prem yet.

frostbite

Bruno on RW does not work. And will never work. Am I the only one who believes this?

ETH has tried that again, and again, and again, and again. It never worked. He can play Antony on the right, Sancho, Rashford, Mount, he can play fecking Maguire on RW. Why is he still playing Brune there? Apparently, ETH values Bruno, since he selected him as the captain. So, why does he torture him by playing him on RW? I really cannot understand this. Can someone explain it to me?

NLunited

Bruno on RW does not work. And will never work. Am I the only one who believes this?

ETH has tried that again, and again, and again, and again. It never worked. He can play Antony on the right, Sancho, Rashford, Mount, he can play fecking Maguire on RW. Why is he still playing Brune there? Apparently, ETH values Bruno, since he selected him as the captain. So, why does he torture him by playing him on RW? I really cannot understand this. Can someone explain it to me?
Well he roams even if he is playing from the wing. You’ll see him come inside a lot and even come over to the left side. It’s just a tactical tweak, Bruno basically roams.

RedDevilQuebecois

1) Don't ever play Bruno at RW again.

2) Don't ever play Bruno at RW again!

3) Don't ever play Bruno at RW again!!

4) NEVER PLAY MAGUIRE AND LINDELÖF TOGETHER AGAIN!!!

I hope it's not that difficult to understand.

frostbite

Well he roams even if he is playing from the wing. You’ll see him come inside a lot and even come over to the left side. It’s just a tactical tweak, Bruno basically roams.
In my opinion, when Bruno plays on RW roams less than Antony.

Trex

He's had good games in the past there. Leicester last season come to mind. I prefer him in the middle though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The team came alive, partly because Bruno was back on the heart of things in the center. We have no player better than him there.

Appletonred

Ten Hag will be on a hiding to nothing if he does not bring in a world class striker, he simply cannot dress up a gaping wound with a plaster, that CF position
desperately requires major surgery.

bosskeano

not a fan of bruno playing on the right either especially when we have natural wingers sitting on the bench

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What's a hiding to nothing?
What is the origin of the phrase hiding to nothing?

Etymology. From horse racing, hiding (“beating”); to (“as used to express gambling odds”), e.g., 6 to 1. Literally, the phrase can be described as to bet on a contest whose outcome is at worst a beating, or at best nothing.

Blood Mage

Bruno on the wing needs to end as does Casemiro being given no help defensively in midfield. We might need a formation change as I'm no longer convinced we have the right personnel for a 4231.

NLunited

Bruno on the wing needs to end as does Casemiro being given no help defensively in midfield. We might need a formation change as I'm no longer convinced we have the right personnel for a 4231.
Bruno and Garnacho were the most threatening players against Real Madrid. I’d argue whatever it was Ten Hag was trying with Bruno on the wing worked.

astracrazy

Aren't contradicting yourself asking for another defensive minded midfielder but also the end of 4231?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We mostly play 433 and yesterday was the first time we did more 4231 with Mainoo and then Eriksen deeper. Bruno has been playing deeper and both him and Mount will support Casemiro a fair amount.

Playing Eriksen in midfield against one of the best teams in the world likely won't end well though.

El Jefe

He seemed disgusted with our inability to put chances away. He's struggling more and more to hide it.

People think one striker can change this but the problems are a lot deeper than that. Signing a 20yr striker won't come close to sorting out our attack no matter how well he settles.

Currently Rashford is the only player that I would expect to put away a 1v1 in the team and that's terrible.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Agree Bruno on the right needs to die ASAP and Rashford in the middle should be gone very soon if we want to challenge.

Real Name

What is the origin of the phrase hiding to nothing?

Etymology. From horse racing, hiding (“beating”); to (“as used to express gambling odds”), e.g., 6 to 1. Literally, the phrase can be described as to bet on a contest whose outcome is at worst a beating, or at best nothing.
Thanks, didn't know that one. :)

Hoof the ball

He seemed disgusted with our inability to put chances away. He's struggling more and more to hide it.

People think one striker can change this but the problems are a lot deeper than that. Signing a 20yr striker won't come close to sorting out our attack no matter how well he settles.

Currently Rashford is the only player that I would expect to put away a 1v1 in the team and that's terrible.
That's what happens when you don't adhere to EtH's 83 principles, which he himself nailed to the doors of Carringtonberg.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Just buy Kane for him ffs. Give him the player he deserves.

dubplate warrior

World class managers need great players. We have a fantastic back 6, but the front 5 barring 2 players are nowhere near what you need to win a league.

Redstain

I agree so this is why the DOF communication comes into the fold surely someone has to have a hard conversation with the manager to suggest fixing the priority positions first before moving unto other targets ? Mount was likely the first signing because of interest from rivals but was the signing of MM more important by way of priority than perhaps a wide forward and a striker.

This is what I don't understand, if United have got Qatar money by all means reinforce the midfield first and worry about the main priorities later in the window due to having the resources to capitalize. But when there's limited finances with comedic ownership why are these conversations not had.

I don't see any examples of a team that has had midfielders score decent amount of goals without having consistent wide players to provide the advances for the midfield moving further forward. Odegaard doesn't score double digits if not for the influence of Saka / Martinelli creating havoc giving him the space to exploit more areas that are otherwise non-existent if the wide players don't attack their areas.

Same can be said for Mount he scored more goals when Reece James and Chilwell were providing that width when both were fit and in form. No surprise that when Chelsea's width dried up due to injury the goals from midfield began to recline.

Now the narrative for United is set in stone almost for the upcoming season, 'team exerts decent control but doesn't finish chances'. That is not solved by a striker alone it's the entire attacking lineup that needs to be shaken up.

Reactions: Cheimoon

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bruno and Garnacho were the most threatening players against Real Madrid. I’d argue whatever it was Ten Hag was trying with Bruno on the wing worked.
We looked more proactive and balanced when we had two wingers and Bruno down the middle in the second half.

My opinion is that we would have been more attacking and threatening if we had Bruno in the middle with Rashford, Antony and sancho /garnacho.

But I agree with another poster who said it was also about fitness, and Eriksen needed to get some minutes in and shake off the cobwebs.

NLunited

We looked more proactive and balanced when we had two wingers and Bruno down the middle in the second half.

My opinion is that we would have been more attacking and threatening if we had Bruno in the middle with Rashford, Antony and sancho /garnacho.

But I agree with another poster who said it was also about fitness, and Eriksen needed to get some minutes in and shake off the cobwebs.
Normally Bruno as attacking mid is best, as a rw he offers other things than Antony.

imo Antony needs to improve a lot this season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I like the guy but crying about not having good finishers after spending 85m on Antony is quite hypocritical.

If he was an oppo manager, he'd be eaten alive on here.

Also, Bruno on the wing doesn't work. We lacked threat when he played there last season and I cannot see how that improves us in the big games. Let's hope he proved me wrong.