Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 530 52.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 473 47.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Real Name

Although I'm a bit worried with the fact Ronaldo is finishing the game and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts vs Fulham too even if Martial is fit.

Idxomer

Deserve to lose for that alone. We were so poor in the first half, and yet no changes...

What the hell happened with Ronaldo? It seemed like Ten Hag was in complete control before the Spurs game. Did something happen behind the scenes, Ronaldo now seems untouchable.
Thank the United legends Rio and Roy, they probably made an intervention for Ten Hag to see the error of his ways and get Ronaldo back in the side.

Andersonson

We played Sociedad 2.5 days ago. Ten of the same guys started. Piss poor that. It contradicts every study on restitution. This game is on him

Sylar

We need world cup badly. Having Sancho, Anthony out and Martial not starting means our options are so thin.

Real Name

He's a confusing one. I love some of the stuff he's done, but he's had some bafflers too. Hoping over time it becomes more of the former and less of the latter. God knows we deserve a manager who finally gets it right.

Whichever way you look at it, having a negative goal difference this many games in is a concern.
It takes time. We have and will have hickups along the way. Good thing is there's definitely improvement.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
His initial handling of the Ronaldo situation I thought was brilliant. Punished him and once he’d served his punishment brought him back into the fold. But since then it’s been a complete disaster.

He’s started every game, not been subbed once and now been given the bloody captains armband. Basically completely rewarded his tantrum with everything he wanted. It’s been a complete shitshow.
Yeah this is ridiculous. The team actually played well when he was out, I get that we are short in numbers currently with both Antony and Sancho out but with what Ronaldo has contributed over the last few games we could literally throw any of the youngsters out there or just have another midfielder on.

el3mel

Thank feck I'm not watching.

This has been the first season ever since Fergie retired that I'm actually missing most of its games out of lack of interest.

Last season killed my interest in football and I will by lying if I said this season has done anything to reignite my interest.

phelans shorts

Or that they might need a new manager
:lol: feck me this place.

Massive improvement on, well, everything we saw last season in our performance today, but we’ve muggins over here suggesting we sack the manager. We’re at the arse end of a run of games every 3 days for a month with no rotation options, the direction is good, you can’t make an omelette without a few eggs being cracked.

Irwin99

Didn't see the match but Varane is our most important player I think and we need him back. I've seen the first Villa goal though and I think he doesn't charge in like Lindelof and he keeps Martinez from being caught out of position.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Something is happening behind the scenes.
Is he being forced to play the portugese diva?
We are not going to achieve anything with Ronaldo in the team. He can’t be gone soon enough….

cyberman

Why has he taken the EL so seriously? We’ll probably play this exact team in the cup mid week as well, really run them into the ground

AndySmith1990

Thank the United legends Rio and Roy, they probably made an intervention for Ten Hag to see the error of his ways and get Ronaldo back in the side.
Ten Hag doesn't come across as being that weak. If any intervention happened it'll have been from upper management or the owners telling him to not piss off the commercial cash cow

Real Name

And runs his first team into the ground. Today is largely on him, messed up big time. Starting Ronaldo in all these games is a terrible mistake too
Why some of you seem like you couldn't wait for games like these to have a pop at him.

pascell

We need world cup badly. Having Sancho, Anthony out and Martial not starting means our options are so thin.
Martial shouldn't even be at the club, had a 4th, 5th and 6th chance to improve but hasn't and is unreliable fitness wise.

Sancho has been in terrible form lately, also seems to pick up illnesses quite easily and is out for a long period with them, which is strange.

AJ VII

The United idiots in the media made it a tough situation. In contrast to what happened with Tuchel and Lukaku last season.
Yeah but he should value points over CR's fanboys that will say anything to stay on Ronaldos friendslist on Facebook.

Crazy that former players rather wish for United to lose than to say anything that might upset Ronaldo.

SmallCaine

Easily his worst game. It was like watching ole flounder about. Seemed completely uninterested in actually managing the game looked like he had given his instructions, set his tactics now he just wanted to watch whatever happens happens.

MattofManchester

He's made a mistake today.

Villa are full of energy and to combat that you put in Lindelof, VDB, Ronaldo and Eriksen?

We have Fred, Mctominay who can be combative, but you play in the utterly useless Van De Beek?

Dembeza

I love him and I think he is the right manager to take us forward but this loss today is on him.

Starting VDB is criminal and I can’t excuse him for that. A really pathetic decision that costed us the game

Shark

@NotShark
Absolute nightmare from ETH today, honestly so disappointing after what looked like real progress after the shit show start to the season. I can't for the life of me understand why he can't just keep things more simple, it's like he's trying to be bizarre for the sake of it.

Skills

Snitch
Yeah but he should value points over CR's fanboys that will say anything to stay on Ronaldos friendslist on Facebook.

Crazy that former players rather wish for United to lose than to say anything that might upset Ronaldo.
They're all in it for themselves. Looking to monetize their relationship with Ronaldo somewhere down the line

Lentwood

I like ETH but then I thought all of our managers, bar Moyes, showed some promise at various points. Where OGS, LvG and Jose went wrong was that they kept making the same mistakes.

The key for me is can ETH learn or are we still going to be talking about how Rashford can't play on the right and how DvdB is an ineffectual PL player in March?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
At fault for the team selection then not being proactive with subs.

cyberman

Why some of you seem like you couldn't wait for games like these to have a pop at him.
To be be fair it’s in him. Ten Hag should have rested players for EL but went strong so now instead of fresh players we’re forced to play that imagined EL side in important league games. He couldn’t have managed it much worse

diarm

An awful, awful week for Eric. Really worrying mistakes that he doesn't seem to be learning from.

Real Name

Too ok be fair it’s in him. Ten Hag should have rested players for EL but went strong so now instead of fresh players we’re forced to play that imagined EL side in important league games. He couldn’t have managed it much worse
You know EL is a way to get CL by winning it?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I’d have started Elanga, Martial and Rashford personally. Ronaldo has no right to be playing twice in 3 days. Neither does VDB or Eriksen but fact is the lack of rotation cost us and only one team turned up today.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Each time he starts Ronaldo I get truly baffled, I can't lie. The guy is so, so done.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh, not overly bothered.

Defence were atypically terrible and the lack of quality in attack means we are really dependent on defence. Between the injuries, suspensions, the lack of a proper centre-forward and tiredness a result like this was coming. You can criticise poor team selection but really that's a consequence of poor options.

It is what it is. The potential for performances like this is always there because we're not all that good a football team. Just have to try and follow up this step back with another couple of steps forward in the two remaining games before the WC and hope we're back to full fitness when the league resumes.

In bigger picture terms there are certain proflies of players missing from the squad and being able to bring in any of them in January would be a big help towards finishing in the top four. As basic as it is, even just a presence in the box we could successfully knock crosses into would make a difference, we're far too lighweight as is.

We're still just three points off top four, one point if we win our game in hand. For a team predicted to finish outside the top four at the start of the season, that's fine. Especially given teams ahead of us like Spurs and Newcastle are far from perfect themselves.

Someone

Something
I still think he'll come good, but he caved big time with Ronaldo. Ronaldo started every game since his tantrum and has been rubbish in each one. VDB has been bad last week gets rewarded another game. I know we have injuries but we still had options.