Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

YikesSchmeics

He's not pep that is for sure and a big issue if pep sticks around, man City are able to best sevilla 3-1 with about 3 kids thrown in the side, ten hag struggles to beat relegation fodder without his strongest starting 11
Pep almost missed CL in his 1st season and needed most teams entire summer budget just on full backs the following summer. He's 7 years in with a well oiled machine. Let's not get carried away here.

Skills

Snitch
Reminds me a little of Hassenhuttl. Getting bummed doesn't seem to faze him.

I can imagine us taking a few batterings every season under him.

hp88

At time's he's fecking stupid, it was clear to every his first 11 selection was wrong but he wont correct it.

DevilRed

We don't have the depth to play 2 matches a week and expect to compete for trophies. We just don't. Right now even fourth place is looking a struggle.

Guys like Eriksen have been playing far too much and its showing today.

The board needs to back ETH and bring in players in January and next summer. Alot of them too.

Skills

Snitch
At time's he's fecking stupid, it was clear to every his first 11 selection was wrong but he wont correct it.
It was the case against City as well. He was singlehandedly responsible for that humiliation

YikesSchmeics

Given what is on the bench, he doesn't have much choice. Who is on the bench? Fred and Martial. One is probably fatigued. The other not match fit. We don't have a deep squad. We're missing Varane, Bruno, Anthony, Sancho and Martial from players likely to be in our starting rotation. All 3 lines affected. We're threadbare here. Calm down.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
So you don't think he should make any changes when the midfield has been run through for the entire first half?
I didn’t say that mate. I said he probably didn’t bring McTominay on because he’s shite every time he comes on - see Chelsea and Sociedad games, for examples.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Negative GD
11 points behind Arsenal.
No subs at HT when we were still in the game.
Absolutely terrible today.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Our best midfield display in years came against Spurs with Fred and Casemiro and then we haven't played it since. Why? It's like he learnt nothing from getting dominated in the early season games.

Litch

Our best midfield display in years came against Spurs with Fred and Casemiro and then we haven't played it since. Why? It's like he learnt nothing from getting dominated in the early season games.
Agree.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Maguire as center forward and hoof ball midweek followed by this shower of shite at the first sight of a manager who knows his act. It feels like Moyes all over again.

hp88

Given what is on the bench, he doesn't have much choice. Who is on the bench? Fred and Martial. One is probably fatigued. The other not match fit. We don't have a deep squad. We're missing Varane, Bruno, Anthony, Sancho and Martial from players likely to be in our starting rotation. All 3 lines affected. We're threadbare here. Calm down.
My biggest gripe is that have we got passangers in this starting 11, they are that bad I would rather have an unfit Fred and Martial on the pitch for the first 60 minutes if it means we can secure the points.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Whoever thinks/expects Cristianos departure in January is about to enter world of pain.

He made ETH his bitch by walking out on the team only to get captains armband 3 weeks later, there's no way he leaves or gets benched anymore, United will do everything possible to accommodate him in the starting eleven.

PoTMS

He lost us the game. It's as simple as that. I fancied us to win at HT. He made sure we didn't.

AndySmith1990

Most of our squad/backup players are shit for sure, but he's got a number of decisions wrong today. Just gotta learn from them

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Shocking in the last 2 games - persisting with Ronaldo, DvB doing nothing and staying on, Rashford (the only form attacker) shifted to every possible position except where he belongs, delaying subs. I get that Antony is injured and Sancho isn't in form, but at some point you stop messing around the entire team to accommodate Ronaldo.

Chairman Steve

I hope him sticking the anchor up top consistently is him making a point to the board that we need a striker badly.

Redderp

He got it completely wrong again and then he got lucky with a deflected goal right before halftime. Perfect opportunity to make changes in the half and come out swinging.

I’m losing faith in him fast. One thing is to get it wrong, but another thing is to not fix your mistake. Honestly right now we are losing because of EtH and he is refusing to fix it.

And constantly starting Ronaldo and giving him the armband.

Lee565

What is it with Dutch managers at this club and puzzling team selections?

AJ VII

Unbelivable that he doesn't dare to drop CR. We are terrible with him as a striker and a brick wall has a better first touch than him.

I tought EtH would take the opportunity he had when CR walked down the tunnel to get rid of him, but it seems like he crumbled under the pressure and the opposite has happened.

MUnchies

He keeps overthinking and making to many weird decisions. Why not play Pellistri at this point on the RW, one of McFred and Martial should have started or brought on at half time. I know we have injuries but why does Ronaldo has to start and finish every game now.

Malone_Post

His initial handling of the Ronaldo situation I thought was brilliant. Punished him and once he’d served his punishment brought him back into the fold. But since then it’s been a complete disaster.

He’s started every game, not been subbed once and now been given the bloody captains armband. Basically completely rewarded his tantrum with everything he wanted. It’s been a complete shitshow.

Skills

Snitch
Unbelivable that he doesn't dare to drop CR. We are terrible with him as a striker and a brick wall has a better first touch than him.

I tought EtH would take the opportunity he had when CR walked down the tunnel to get rid of him, but it seems like he crumbled under the pressure and the opposite has happened.
The United idiots in the media made it a tough situation. In contrast to what happened with Tuchel and Lukaku last season.

Ludens the Red

Turned off after ten mins. Line up and new manager bounce lost me any enthusiasm with the game, going two down made it an easy decision.
But yeah think a few people were getting carried away with ten hag here.
We’re still miles off being a proper side, we were getting penned in at home to West Ham. Minus the spurs game we’ve been very meh for a while performances wise. The biggest problem is we have gaping holes in the squad and if you start pulling one or two out (Varane, Antony) the replacements are of mediocre ability and it brings the whole level of the team down.

He doesn’t help himself with these midfield choices though and how long it takes for him to make a sub.
I don’t even need to have watched todays game to know we were gonna be shite and we would have huge problems in midfield.

Anyway, i expected more by this stage.. the improvement we’ve made is purely down to Martinez, Casemiro and Antony not being Lindelof/Maguire, McTominay or Elanga…
There’s nothing I’ve seen this season that tells me this side has improved to the point it can finish in the top 4. And if that’s the case maybe the manager hasn’t been as impactful as a lot of people have pretended he has.

justboy68

He's a confusing one. I love some of the stuff he's done, but he's had some bafflers too. Hoping over time it becomes more of the former and less of the latter. God knows we deserve a manager who finally gets it right.

Whichever way you look at it, having a negative goal difference this many games in is a concern.

LoneStar

Can't believe we have made no changes at HT.
Deserve to lose for that alone. We were so poor in the first half, and yet no changes...

What the hell happened with Ronaldo? It seemed like Ten Hag was in complete control before the Spurs game. Did something happen behind the scenes, Ronaldo now seems untouchable.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Awful attacking line up. Not down to him as we have injury’s but starting VDB is like starting 10 men. He doesn’t effect the game what so ever. What does he add to our team?

Sir Hag de Ten

I hope for the sake of the club this isn’t the case. Our squad is very thin and playing the highest paid player at the club shouldn’t be controversial.