Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

croadyman

Perfect time to play them too. Would be glorious to avenge the OT game last season. Hopefully the game comes round quicker than their new batch of inhalers do.
Just give me a two goal margin for now,would love a 3-1 because not had one since 1997

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Another lacklustre first half and comeback in the second.

Under other managers this was said to be unsustainable.
Lacklustre first half where we played Barca, started strong, conceded a soft pen (and basically no other chances) and then needed half time to adjust things a bit... Was never much in it.

next_number_seven

I don't think he's a genius or anything.

Just highly competent, intelligent, determined with a great understanding of all aspects of football management which he's built up over last 20 years.

I think he'd succeed at anything he put his mind to

Robbie Boy

Lacklustre first half where we played Barca, started strong, conceded a soft pen (and basically no other chances) and then needed half time to adjust things a bit... Was never much in it.
Yup, as ETH said, it was flat from both sides first half. He saw their weakness, changed it up, and we won.

Dov

Ball playing sweeping goalkeeper?
FFS.
Give it a rest.
How many goals does a 'ball playing sweeping goalkeeper' create?
How many goals does a world class shot stopper prevent in the course of a season?
How many on this forum would swap DDG for Alisson or Ederson?
Only the mentally challenged.
I would absolutely swap De gea for those 2, as would ETH, we absolutely deserved to go through but de gea almost knocked us out at the end of the first half with some horrible distribution, while you saw MATS clip the ball with ease multiple times, DDG is a legend but he shouldn't be part of the evolution of this team in my opinion.

next_number_seven

They had more possession home and away. Also had more chances at their place while we had more today.
We deserved to win but not sure how we dominated them.
We were the better team in both matches. Not by loads but enough.

I found Barca disappointing to be honest

criticalanalysis

Xavi was mocking him by playing Balde and he paid the price.
He looks a good player and talent going forward to be fair. Probably one of, if not their most dangerous player. Was impressed. Seemed like he also had no one in front of him the whole game. Almost the whole left side line to himself, which was weird.

edit: ffs I just got it, nvm :lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Earlier in the season there was some concern that our second-half performances were letting us down after strong opening halfs. That dynamic seems to have reversed recently, I wonder if ten Hag has tried to correct the earlier problem and has maybe slightly overcompensated in some way?

Kaos

Earlier in the season there was some concern that our second-half performances were letting us down after strong opening halfs. That dynamic seems to have reversed recently, I wonder if ten Hag has tried to correct the earlier problem and has maybe slightly overcompensated in some way?
Nah, think its just the Leicester game and this one that stand out. As far as this game was concerned he clearly had a plan, it wasn't working so he switched it up at half time. We've not shifted to Spurs' strange tendency to only turn up at the second half consistently.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Nah, think its just the Leicester game and this one that stand out. As far as this game was concerned he clearly had a plan, it wasn't working so he switched it up at half time. We've not shifted to Spurs' strange tendency to only turn up at the second half consistently.
I’d argue both Leeds games too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They had more possession home and away. Also had more chances at their place while we had more today.
We deserved to win but not sure how we dominated them.
We were far better away from home (2.18 xG + the OG to 1.05 for them) and then today was 1.14 for United to 0.4 (+1 pen). Combined 3.32 (+1 OG) to 1.45 (+1 pen). We fully deserved to win the tie and were more than 1 goal better over the 2 legs.

Eplel

I don't think he's a genius or anything.

Just highly competent, intelligent, determined with a great understanding of all aspects of football management which he's built up over last 20 years.

I think he'd succeed at anything he put his mind to
What do you think a genius is?

ohhrooney

From

“ Trophies are for manager’s ego. “

To

“Compliment me when we win trophies.”

What a difference just 8 months under a competent manager can make!

Flexdegea

I would absolutely swap De gea for those 2, as would ETH, we absolutely deserved to go through but de gea almost knocked us out at the end of the first half with some horrible distribution, while you saw MATS clip the ball with ease multiple times, DDG is a legend but he shouldn't be part of the evolution of this team in my opinion.

Nonsense.

Alison actually worse playing out from the back these days, literally kicked in a goal the other night that started the collapse.

Elerson literally giving goals away too on the press.

The sweep keeper aspect to be honest is prob the most overrated aspect of keeping at the moment. We seem to be doing ok with a "dinosaur" in the nets. From 3rd game in of the season we won more games and points than any other team.

For whatever he lacking in that regard, which I don't think is that bad, he making up for it with the shot stopping in a big way.