Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 620 47.0%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 699 53.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I hope this game will encourage him to play front foot football and make early subs when things are not going our way..

Now imagine he's got a better ball playing sweeping goalkeeper, Shaw-like RB, Top class striker who can press. We would be walking the league and be back on the European map again as one of the best teams. It's just very important to have a go and don't be afraid to impose on the games in big games.

Such an important change even from the times of SAF when we were too scared to play football and couldnt press to save our life against the best sides and as a result were not successful in Europe ( as much as we could), where more diverse and intelligent coaching was established long time ago.

Now with EPL being flooded with talented and progressive coaching there is no other way and I am happy we have a coach like this.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I love him. Played Barca off the park. Twice actually.
When was the last time we properly took the game to a European giant home and away like that? Even Sir Alex had to resort to pragmatic football and hit them on the counter.

Don't want to get ahead of myself but I do think we have a proper feckin manager. Now if the Glazers could kindly and swiftly feck off so we can bring in owners who can properly back our beautiful Pep Guardiola is my idol.
They had more possession home and away. Also had more chances at their place while we had more today.
We deserved to win but not sure how we dominated them.

OT1214

Not worried at all even if we concedes first. You just know he will find a way back.

dogwithabone

I’ve no idea what the length of his contract is but when the new owners come in extending it by another 4 or 5 years is an absolute must. Whether we win anything or not this season there are so many things that are pointing in the right direction and he needs the security of a few more seasons to continue this rebirth.

A genuinely brilliant manager.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
They had more possession home and away. Also had more chances at their place while we had more today.
Dunno bout domination but we were certainly the better team over the tie and this is deserved.

Kaos

They did the square root of feck all with that possession. All three of their goals were lucky gifts from us for the most part, outside of that they didn't have a sniff really.

I was more impressed by the manner we approached the games. Less sitting back and trying to hit them on the break as we've been accustomed to in big European games, more high intensity pressing high up the pitch and turning those turnovers into goals.

Robbie Boy

They did the square root of feck all with that possession. All three of their goals were lucky gifts from us for the most part, outside of that they didn't have a sniff really.

I was more impressed by the manner we approached the games. Less sitting back and trying to hit them on the break as we've been accustomed to in big European games, more high intensity pressing high up the pitch and turning those turnovers into goals.
Literally everyone else bar that poster seems to think this.

OldSchoolManc

Who on earth pointed the United hierarchy towards Ten Hag?!
I fully believe it was down to Red Cafe and for that, Red Cafe should take an almighty gracious bow.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
To go from where we were last season to what we are this season is a miracle.

BEST No7

Yeah possession stats has NEVER been our dna...we completely bossed that second half with electric, high intensity football. United aren't are boring tiky tac pass the boring tits aff ye team.

Kaos

Who on earth pointed the United hierarchy towards Ten Hag?!
I fully believe it was down to Red Cafe and for that, Red Cafe should take an almighty gracious bow.
You joke about this, but I do think overwhelming fan pressure did play a role. Granted he obviously must have impressed in his interviews, but it looks like the club and ex United Legends were aching for us to go for Poch, much to the dismay of the fanbase, the majority of which wanted ETH.

BEST No7

Another lacklustre first half and comeback in the second.

Under other managers this was said to be unsustainable.
From both teams. We had gears to kick into they didn’t. If you think this is the same previous seasons. Well your a mad man

OldSchoolManc

You joke about this, but I do think overwhelming fan pressure did play a role. Granted he obviously must have impressed in his interviews, but it looks like the club and ex United Legends were aching for us to go for Poch, much to the dismay of the fanbase, the majority of which wanted ETH.
I actually wasn’t joking. Red Cafe were overwhelmingly in favour of Ten Hag and it’s so beautiful that it has blossomed the way it has.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Both teams had 18 shots each and I believe we had the better chances.

grumpyoldgit

I hope this game will encourage him to play front foot football and make early subs when things are not going our way..

Now imagine he's got a better ball playing sweeping goalkeeper, Shaw-like RB, Top class striker who can press. We would be walking the league and be back on the European map again as one of the best teams. It's just very important to have a go and don't be afraid to impose on the games in big games.

Such an important change even from the times of SAF when we were too scared to play football and couldnt press to save our life against the best sides and as a result were not successful in Europe ( as much as we could), where more diverse and intelligent coaching was established long time ago.

Now with EPL being flooded with talented and progressive coaching there is no other way and I am happy we have a coach like this.
Ball playing sweeping goalkeeper?
FFS.
Give it a rest.
How many goals does a 'ball playing sweeping goalkeeper' create?
How many goals does a world class shot stopper prevent in the course of a season?
How many on this forum would swap DDG for Alisson or Ederson?
Only the mentally challenged.

Anustart89

Visibly nervous and twitching at the end there. So happy we have this guy. Absolute genius. Subs are fantastic and he really knows how to analyse the flow of a game mid-game and how to hurt the opponent.

Fts 74

Hes made watching us enjoyable again, last season I could barely watch things were so bad I'm so grateful for that.

His ability to change the game with his tactics even playing people out of position is a sign of a genuis.

I absolutely love him no matter what happens in the rest of the season he has given us our team back.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Visibly nervous and twitching at the end there. So happy we have this guy. Absolute genius. Subs are fantastic and he really knows how to analyse the flow of a game mid-game and how to hurt the opponent.
He was getting fecking livid at the end with our forwards dicking around with the ball too. Love it. Always somewhere to improve

AndyMUFC

The job this man has done is incredible.

Feck chequebook Pep, turning a situation like this around is what makes the best managers.

Last edited:

Inter Yer Nan

A beautiful bald man.

I had a feeling he’d be an excellent appointment but it’s staggering just how quickly he’s transformed us. Great signing, great handling off “difficult” situations, has the team playing good stuff and has the fans believing. We are going places.

Fooza

He just said he loves to also play in hostile big away games and to keep the crowd quiet :devil: Manager we needed. His post match comments are on point today

croadyman

He just said he loves to also play in hostile big away games and to keep the crowd quiet :devil: Manager we needed. His post match comments are on point today
We have the ideal chance to put that to test on Mar 5 because that is epitome of hostile

Kaos

We have the ideal chance to put that to test on Mar 5 because that is epitome of hostile
Perfect time to play them too. Would be glorious to avenge the OT game last season. Hopefully the game comes round quicker than their new batch of inhalers do.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
There is no way Poch could have done this btw, great job Murthough.

r0663664

Worships Man City
We are looking to be a very good team. I think as long as ETH is around, we will be in top 4 for the next few season. He wants option on the bench and he has quite a few now with Sancho, Garnacho, Antony. He can move Bruno anywhere, he can play WW as a striker or a no.10. He can move Rashford from left to central. He decided to put Shaw and CB. What he has done is amazing. With a few more quality buy, we will be one of favourites for the EPL and Champion league next season. All I can say is "wow".