Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MoskvaRed

There is no better feeling as a supporter than watching a team develop into challengers. We probably last had this feeling in 2006. Give this man the money over the summer to upgrade in a couple of positions and we will win the title next season.

ManRed

Cant remember a United side going front foot against a top side. Even Sir Alex used to close shop and play. Glad we have such a good manager who knows how to play the modern attacking way

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Can't remember the last time i felt such unbridled joy watching a United game and it's all thanks to this man.

Shark

@NotShark
What I adore among so many things about ETH is the fact he isn't stubborn. Always willing to change things for the better. Weghorst wasn't working at all and he dealt with it. If he sees off Newcastle now on Sunday.. what a monumental job he's doing.

BEST No7

There is no better feeling as a supporter than watching a team develop into challengers. We probably last had this feeling in 2006. Give this man the money over the summer to upgrade in a couple of positions and we will win the title next season.
100% you can just sense it, we've seen it before like you say. The whole place can feel it. We're coming back. It's never felt like this since fergie

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Doesn't matter how bad the first half is you know under ETH they'll be a performance in the 2nd half

Mr. Robot

I'm so happy we've got his lovely bald head at our club. Especially whilst Pep, Klopp and Potter (lol) are looking tired and out of ideas.

Football is amazing sometimes.

Jerom

Cant remember a United side going front foot against a top side. Even Sir Alex used to close shop and play. Glad we have such a good manager who knows how to play the modern attacking way
This. Never had the feeling we were going down against Barcelona today.

Could be our manager for a long long time, legend in the making!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Feck me we could even do it in this season if we're afforded a bit of luck.

wolvored

Brilliant manager and his coaches. The team looks night and day from the team that played Brentford. Once he has had a summer transfer window and can upgrade 4/5 players we will be winning the title

meamth

What a beautiful bald man. He will stay here for many years to come, there's no doubt about it.

acnumber9

Got the big decisions right at half time. Gives him a tough decision to make on Sunday.

The United

I was a bit pissed with this first half set-up. But credit to him for correcting it right away in the second half.

I used to worry about his second halves game management. He seems to be getting a hang of it now which is great to see.

OverratedOpinion

He makes me do a giddy giggle when I think of him. This has been one of the most challenging periods of my life personally and I really needed good distractions. Even if it all goes to pot (which it won't I'm sure) I will always think of him fondly for giving me such a beautiful distraction again and again.

wolvored

My only gripe with him is that the extent of how well he is doing might convince the rats to stay.
Yes that worries me as well. Pity this club selling wasnt in the summer after we agreed TH transfer. We might have had a couple of good players bought in in January.

avgp_1

That's a big statement tbh. It's not his first big test for sure but convincingly beating a traditional big team in a European competition is massive.

OldSchoolManc

King of Spain, referees club, Leo Messi, biscuits, your boys took a hell of a beating!

Ten Hag. The REAL chosen one. Manic and brilliant in his dedication to perfection

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So much for "we're still a few signings off before competing for cups". Shows what a quality manager can do.

footballbite

I think the logic of Weghorst is that he's a good ball winner and we're very dangerous in transition. Also he's a good target man for long passes to beat the press.

I still like him.

He did more than Rashford or Sancho
Maybe that was "the logic" but it wasn't the reality.

He did nothing, and was just as bad as Sancho was in the first half - which was simply bad and not good enough (and Rashford wasn't as lost as those two 1st half).

His player performances thread is like a broken record by this point - it seems 99% of observers recognise now he's nowhere near good enough and he should be the absolute last resort. Seems you and Ten Hag are among the last to recognise, but Ten Hag correctly yanking him at half time suggests he at least might have finally recognised this himself, even if it was almost a game too late.

Suv666

Not even Pep or Klopp were this good this fast. He's a special manager.