Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 455 49.2%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 469 50.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He’s so straightforward, you can see why the players trust him. Clever but doesn’t waste any time pontificating, he just gets straight to it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He's an amazing tactician, an amazing authority figure and he doesn't hide when things get rough. He's got us playing some silky football and we've got a bite to us that we haven't seen for years. fecking love what he's done so far and long may it continue.

KjaAnd

He's right. Ten Hag was my first choice as manager, but I never even dreamed of a turnaround quite like this.
Same. I had high hopes because of his style of play and results at Ajax. However, I never expected him to rejuvenate the team this quickly. I love the mentality he has instilled in the players, the positive football we're playing and his man management (shipping off Ronaldo, protecting Sancho, improving Rashford etc.). All of this just goes to show how important it is in modern football to get in the right coach.

BarstoolProphet

Had high hopes for him still he has managed to exceed my expectation so far in terms of setting his mark on this team so early. We might not win anything this year, but looking forward to every match we play under him now.

strandty

Whatever happens in the summer, he needs to be given a blank cheque book and told he can have whatever he wants. He is taking us back.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He's our beatiful bald manager.

But please stop playing Rashford and Bruno out of position to accomodate much inferior players.

Fluctuation0161

Maybe that was "the logic" but it wasn't the reality.

He did nothing, and was just as bad as Sancho was in the first half - which was simply bad and not good enough (and Rashford wasn't as lost as those two 1st half).

His player performances thread is like a broken record by this point - it seems 99% of observers recognise now he's nowhere near good enough and he should be the absolute last resort. Seems you and Ten Hag are among the last to recognise, but Ten Hag correctly yanking him at half time suggests he at least might have finally recognised this himself, even if it was almost a game too late.
Antony didn't have 90 minutes in him just back from injury. And Erik's subs are winning games.

Maybe the plan is to control the first half with lots of pressing. Then go for the kill second half. Not saying it went that way! But could explain Wout starting.

TsuWave

Can't underestimate how much a win like that does for the confidence of the team

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How is this guy so good :lol:

Has he actually put a foot wrong yet? What a fecking king
he’s made some and will in the future - but nobody is perfect.

he’s doing such a great job though.

Ibi Dreams

Antony didn't have 90 minutes in him just back from injury. And Erik's subs are winning games.

Maybe the plan is to control the first half with lots of pressing. Then go for the kill second half. Not saying it went that way! But could explain Wout starting.
I think he just genuinely likes Wout. And tbf Wout has been good in some games, but he was useless in this one

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
My only concern is the persistence with Weghorst. We become immediately better when he is subbed off and Rashford goes up top, but it means we generally start slow, and only improve once he's gone.

I guess I can't really fault it, because it's working, in a weird way, but it's tough to watch before that sub is made.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
The good thing above everything is, he has control of the team..

What we've lacked ever since is control and stability of the football team, interims managers + 3 year Mourinho always felt unsustainable to say the least.

Now we are settled, you know no matter who we sign will not destabilize the club, everyone knows their responsibility, top management knows kind of players the manager wants.

This is his team now, that's why even when we need a change of tactics, he does it effortlessly with a single substitution.

From there all his best attributes will shine.

Boy, he extracts maximum ability from all the players.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Ten Hag talked about the importance of having different problems i.e. starting Weghorst in the middle and then moving Rashford centre changes the defenders problems and unsettles them.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Hysterical to think Spurs, reportedly, turned down Ten Hag. Allegedly, cos they thought he lacked charisma. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kaos

When was the last time we properly took the game to a European giant home and away like that? Even Sir Alex had to resort to pragmatic football and hit them on the counter.

Don't want to get ahead of myself but I do think we have a proper feckin manager. Now if the Glazers could kindly and swiftly feck off so we can bring in owners who can properly back our beautiful Pep Guardiola is my idol.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hysterical to think Spurs, reportedly, turned down Ten Hag. Allegedly, cos they thought he lacked charisma. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He turned them down, he even extended his contract to make sure they leave him alone.

Robbie Boy

His calmness and authority comes so naturally.

This man has galvanised this whole club, not just the team, the whole club. I enjoy watching us like the Fergie days again, and OT is absolutely rocking again.

Abraxas

Ridiculous how easy he is making it look, given the situation he came into. A squad lacking togetherness, blighted by Ronaldo, coming off one of the most terrible seasons in memory. It just shows it is never quite as bad as it appears, usually. Top managers have some kind of alchemy that can produce outcomes the also rans just can't. At United you get money and you get some talented players, so you've got something to work with. So it's not surprising that if you put an elite managerial talent into that situation they can achieve, but the rate has been quite remarkable.

slored1

What a man. He restored the spirit, winning mentality, pressing structure, tactical nous, aggression and attacking football in 8 months. Simply sublime.