Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 598 55.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 487 44.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rusholme Ruffian

Calm yourself down lad and stop talking in extremes. If you think asking Maguire to play in a system for one game that doesn’t work for him or the team is the right thing to do instead of tweaking the tactics to win the game then I’ve got nothing else to say to you.
It's a system that they have been training in all season - you expect him to chuck all that out of the window and change the entire system just to suit Maguire? Nuts.

Phil

Did he really take off our second top scorer and best penalty taker, in extra time, for Wout Weghorst?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Did he really take off our second top scorer and best penalty taker, in extra time, for Wout Weghorst?
He took off a player who was visibly limping as soon as extra time started because he was clearly struggling.

If there's anything we've learned about ETH this season, it's that he wants Bruno on the pitch as much as possible. If he's taking him off it's because Bruno is cooked.

crossy1686

career ending
It's a system that they have been training in all season - you expect him to chuck all that out of the window and change the entire system just to suit Maguire? Nuts.
I expect him to say “listen lads, we’re playing a fridge at the back today, just go long until Sevilla stop pressing you”. That’s literally all I’m asking for.

Phil

He took off a player who was visibly limping as soon as extra time started because he was clearly struggling.

If there's anything we've learned about ETH this season, it's that he wants Bruno on the pitch as much as possible. If he's taking him off it's because Bruno is cooked.
Fair, didn’t see that

Pintu

At least he dared bench Maguire despite us missing the 2 starters. And it seems we can get clean sheet against a decent team.

FerociousCorgis

A final in the league cup and fa cup, qf in Europa and as long as we finish top 4 should be a successful season all things considered

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
2 finals, almost definitely making top 4. Handled Brighton brilliantly when we look absolutely shattered. It's been a great season all things considered.

cyberman

Last post I’ll make of this vein but there’s a few posters who need to walk back their expectations nonsense that was spread on here since Thursday.
Anyway he’s doing fantastic. What a first season

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Managed the game very well. Took some risks especially with substitutions but they paid off. So happy for him!

Rusholme Ruffian

I expect him to say “listen lads, we’re playing a fridge at the back today, just go long until Sevilla stop pressing you”. That’s literally all I’m asking for.
Sevilla were never going to stop pressing. So what you are saying is that you wanted us to give up possession by hoofing it at every opportunity and invite even more pressure on ourselves. Nobody could have legislated for the monumental feck up by Maguire and De Gea.

Manncunian

Sick to death of the moaners in here. The amount of games we’ve played is ridiculous. One cup in the cabinet already, and now an FA Cup final to boot. Top four looks almost certain. Depleted squad. Injuries galore.

If you can’t credit the guy then go support another team. He’s made mistakes, but who the feck doesn’t. Especially in a first season.

Seriously go support city if you’ve got nothing good to whatsoever to say.

I’m not absolving him of any criticism just to be clear. But the way some people go on in here, you’d think he was the reincarnation of Moyes.

L1nk

I did think he messed up the subs, bringing off arguably our 2 best players, but in the end it worked out and he's doing fantastically well all things considered, 2 finals, 1 won, and looking good for top 4 (as it stands anyway) can't ask for any more than that unless your expectations were incredibly unrealistic (which they probably were)

AshRK

Martinez was the worst player to lose to an injury and had he remained fit we would have beaten Sevilla as well.

crossy1686

career ending
Sevilla were never going to stop pressing. So what you are saying is that you wanted us to give up possession by hoofing it at every opportunity and invite even more pressure on ourselves. Nobody could have legislated for the monumental feck up by Maguire and De Gea.
We were giving them possession anyway, but on the edge of our own box. I’d prefer them to have the ball in their own half if they’re our only options.

Irwin99

Two domestic cup finals, and doing so now with a knackered, patched up team. Great job :devil:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Sick to death of the moaners in here. The amount of games we’ve played is ridiculous. One cup in the cabinet already, and now an FA Cup final to boot. Top four looks almost certain. Depleted squad. Injuries galore.

If you can’t credit the guy then go support another team. He’s made mistakes, but who the feck doesn’t. Especially in a first season.

I’m not absolving him of any criticism just to be clear. But the way some people go on in here, you’d think he was the reincarnation of Moyes.
People believe this is FIFA or football manager when you can overhaul a squad in one transfer window and win everything that same season.

crossy1686

career ending

:lol: Yours is the only post moaning!

el3mel

Let's win this cup that we managed to reach the final. Need 200% of our efforts against City but in a final anything can happen.

Seanus

Brave management, taking off at least 2 nailed on penalty takers Bruno and Martial. One would not have been so bold.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
All the critics and haters: que miras bobo que miras bobo