Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 398 46.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 462 53.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Even though I agree that he shouldn't be sacked, to say that he has done a solid job with this squad cannot be further from the truth. The truth is that this squad is decent enough and he was allowed to spend in the summer and had a full preseason.

Another point to note is that we have lost/drawn far too many games that we shouldn't and our away form is 100% on the manager. He has been technically atricious away from home.

Sorry for the small rant because you said that he has done a solid job.
What exactly would a solid job look like? Top four? Trophy? Hang on…

Andy_Cole

Yeah yeah yeah whatever sack him.

It has been a horror few months. If that carries on, we lost top 4, the FA Cup Final, then started the next season with similar poor form he would be sacked. Hag coming round from the poor form would be evidence he is a top manager. We’ve won one game. Let’s see if it carries on and he proves himself.

Remember the geese

Goals scored in the league is a big concern though as this season will be the second/third worst season in the last 10 years.
Signing a top striker alone should take us up to the 70's in terms of goals scored. Then hopefully there is further improvement and development from some of our current forwards as well as potential new additions. With a second pre-season and more time to work on the training pitch, you'd like to think we could see big improvements.

redcucumber

Even though I agree that he shouldn't be sacked, to say that he has done a solid job with this squad cannot be further from the truth. The truth is that this squad is decent enough and he was allowed to spend in the summer and had a full preseason.

Another point to note is that we have lost/drawn far too many games that we shouldn't and our away form is 100% on the manager. He has been technically atricious away from home.

He's done more than a solid job. Absolutely no one expected us to be in with a shot of winning two trophies and what could be a comfortable top 4 (potentially 3rd) placed position.

Red00012

There is some truly awful posters in this thread. Feck off back to Twitter please

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Laughable post. We're currently in the top four with a trophy and we're about to play in another final. And it's been far from an easy season considering all the shit he's had to deal with. Injuries, crazy fixture list, Ronaldo drama, the club being sold etc. He's done more than a solid job.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
"to say that he has done a solid job with this squad cannot be further from the truth" are you actually for real?! Top 4, League Cup Trophy, EL QFs, FA Cup Final - in a season where he's had to oversee the Ronaldo situation and played most of the year without a recognised centre forward, and a large chunk of it without his first choice centre backs? And you think that calling that a 'solid job' couldn't be further from the truth?

What would you class as solid job then? :houllier:
We are man United or somet we should be challenging city for the league winning fa cup and europa and playing expansive football every game scoring 3 plus goals. If this manager can’t do it we should get someone who can.

The manager who can match the expectations our fans have despite reality doesn’t really exist.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Laughable post. We're currently in the top four with a trophy and we're about to play in another final. And it's been far from an easy season considering all the shit he's had to deal with. Injuries, crazy fixture list, Ronaldo drama, the club being sold etc. He's done more than a solid job.
Yes he has. And he has changed the culture of the squad from one resembling player power to one with more of a winning mentality.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It has been a horror few months. If that carries on, we lost top 4, the FA Cup Final, then started the next season with similar poor form he would be sacked. Hag coming round from the poor form would be evidence he is a top manager. We’ve won one game. Let’s see if it carries on and he proves himself.
Agree. We can't allow our manager to ever hit poor form.

Scottynaldinho

"to say that he has done a solid job with this squad cannot be further from the truth" are you actually for real?! Top 4, League Cup Trophy, EL QFs, FA Cup Final - in a season where he's had to oversee the Ronaldo situation and played most of the year without a recognised centre forward, and a large chunk of it without his first choice centre backs? And you think that calling that a 'solid job' couldn't be further from the truth?

What would you class as solid job then? :houllier:
He's done more than a solid job. Absolutely no one expected us to be in with a shot of winning two trophies and what could be a comfortable top 4 (potentially 3rd) placed position.
What exactly would a solid job look like? Top four? Trophy? Hang on…
Let me say again that I am deeply disappointed with ETH this season. He has failed to get the best out of this team and his tactical decisions have been questionable. This is evident in the team's poor results in crunch games, see games where we had an opportunity to move up the table and I'm even ignoring the results against the top-half teams.

Another thing that makes me suspect him is our inability to control the games against poor sides. You just know that we're never coming back whenever we are a goal down. We have been spanked regularly in the league and were knocked out of the Europa by a very poor Sevilla side.

The manager had a full pre-season and was allowed to spend money on new players but he did not make the best use of the resources. He spent £100 million on Antony, a winger when the team needed a striker. If anyone believes that we've had a solid season, they simply have low standards and deserve everything that this fanbase has suffered in the past decade.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To some extent I think that it highlights the quality of his work and the general positive vibes around the club in spite of all the hurdles that have surrounded the club.

Judas

Open to offers
Clearly a solid season in the most packed and ridiculously paced campaign possibly ever for the club? Some on here are literally never going to be satisfied, to the point I have to wonder what they actually gain from watching this form of entertainment?

Manncunian

Lies? feck off you cnut. I was referring to if it carried on until October. So March to October. 6 months. You cnut.
Well if you were referring to that; you didn’t make it remotely clear.

You’re just backtracking now after you’ve been caught out for talking utter shite and fabricating nonsense. Quite obvious really. But nice try.

b82REZ

I said the last few months with form carrying on to the start of next season. So March-October.
You got this week's lottery numbers?

A brain dead response after your initial brain dead post. You are literally making things up to suit your agenda.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I said the last few months with form carrying on to the start of next season. So March-October.
Okay. As relevant as me saying if he starts well he should get a new contract.

I’d say results-wise our poor form has lasted three weeks and a couple of days. That’s not a few months.

edcunited1878

Lies? feck off you cnut. I was referring to if it carried on until October. So March to October. 6 months. You cnut.
I'm gonna call you out and quote you that it's been a "horror few months."

A few is 3 or more and you're saying it has been 3 horrible previous months. So from 14 May all the way back to February, March!

You didn't have to call a poster a cnut when all you had to do was look at your hyperbolic, over the top comments then look in the mirror.

United have had a rocky patch of form the past 1.5 months, no thanks to injuries and severe match congestion already against a thin squad patched together with Sabitzer and Weghorst glue.

A year ago, this team was pouting around the pitch and visibly discredited and hated some of each other.

Go have a lay down.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Okay. As relevant as me saying if he starts well he should get a new contract.

I’d say results-wise our poor form has lasted three weeks and a couple of days. That’s not a few months.
And it's heavily linked to injuries and suspensions that this squad can't cover for today.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Let me say again that I am deeply disappointed with ETH this season. He has failed to get the best out of this team and his tactical decisions have been questionable. This is evident in the team's poor results in crunch games, see games where we had an opportunity to move up the table and I'm even ignoring the results against the top-half teams.

Another thing that makes me suspect him is our inability to control the games against poor sides. You just know that we're never coming back whenever we are a goal down. We have been spanked regularly in the league and were knocked out of the Europa by a very poor Sevilla side.

The manager had a full pre-season and was allowed to spend money on new players but he did not make the best use of the resources. He spent £100 million on Antony, a winger when the team needed a striker. If anyone believes that we've had a solid season, they simply have low standards and deserve everything that this fanbase has suffered in the past decade.
His price keeps going up every time someone moans about him.

Tapori

This place is just nuts...... Yeah he needs to go, right fans?
I'm gonna call you out and quote you that it's been a "horror few months."

A few is 3 or more and you're saying it has been 3 horrible previous months. So from 14 May all the way back to February, March!

You didn't have to call a poster a cnut when all you had to do was look at your hyperbolic, over the top comments then look in the mirror.

United have had a rocky patch of form the past 1.5 months, no thanks to injuries and severe match congestion already against a thin squad patched together with Sabitzer and Weghorst glue.

A year ago, this team was pouting around the pitch and visibly discredited and hated some of each other.

Go have a lay down.
Sack Ten Hag
Sell Rashford

evil_geko

Nah mate, more like they have common sense to look at all the context and circumstances and base their expectations based on that. After so many terrible seasons, expectations have to rise gradually, kust like rebuild process, but then again, that is too common sense for some.

Tapori

Even if we don't make Top 4, what do critics suggest we do? Rip everything up and start again?

Ten Hag should be given at the very least 3 full seasons with at least 3 Transfer windows under NEW owners.

Improvements: Styles of play, ball retention, pressing better, better 1st 11 decisions, understanding Maguire is a liability, Culture, Ethos, Spirit and better vision for how we should play and a trophy!

Negatives/To work on: Squad fitness rotation management, in-game changes esp. Away and when behind, Adding different styles of attack and should consult Ole to help with our absolutely ghastly Away form.

nickm

If he succeeded in securing top 4, he has earned enough for a new season.
Even if he hasn't, I still say he gets a new season. For the same reasons the club stood by Fergie when we we struggling adapt to his methods. And the reason is, in a rebuild, the immediate results aren't the only factor you can consider. You have to consider where we started. And whether what he is doing is correct and just needs a bit more patience and time to pay off. You have to consider the impact he is having across the club - the foundations being laid. You have to consider whether he is showing enough to be worth sticking with. That is where owners really earn their money. It's about making a judgement on the quality of the manager. And I think he is showing all those things. I still think he is the right man to put us back on top, with the right backing. If we do miss top 4 (and I don't think we will), it will be by a fraction, the sort of fraction that the owners could have avoided if they'd paid for a better striker in January. Or if we hadn't lost our first choice central defence at a crucial time. So no, I don't agree with your general point. He's done enough to be backed further.

Last edited:

UDontMessWith24

Maybe because this season has been quite comparable with Ole’s two full seasons, and winning the mighty Carabao Cup does not change that.

Heck, I assume that over 90% of fans would take top 4 over fifth place + Carabao. It is the shittiest competitive trophy a club can win and we had as an easy path as it can be.

That’s coming from someone who thought that Ole should have been fired the latest by December 2021 (when we couldn’t pass the group stage in UCL).
You mean the season we dropped points against every single bottom 10 club, including 5-6 draws at Old Trafford. How many WINS for Ten Hag compared to Solskjaer?

mav_9me

All your posts. Hopefully you realize where you were wrong and apologize for abusing the other poster.