Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 648 44.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 806 55.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Irwin99

I don't put much blame at his door, probably I'd have like to see us go with Garnacho instead of Sancho who just has zero fire in his belly. I can see why we played Eriksen, but the fella has been dreadful since he came back from injury.
My one mild criticism is that Garnacho and Mctominay could have come on sooner but it was obvious the plan was to keep Garnacho ready for the final half an hour to run at tired legs and he did really well. Mctominay has barely had any games so i can see why he didn't come on sooner but i expected more from Eriksen.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It’s like I watched a different game. Against a better side and a much better squad, we gave them a game and played well in large parts of it. I understand the disappointment- but criticizing ETH is baffling
Agree fully. Quite encouraged despite being disappointed. Actually not as gutted as I thought I would be

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He's a good manager for beating the lower teams, but he's quite limited as a tactical manager in the heads up matches.

Starting Eriksen, Sancho and Bruno gave us no pace, almost no threat on the counter. He has to be starting Garnacho for his pace. He's like the reverse Ole, good against most teams, bad against the big ones.
He has beaten every single big club/team we've faced this season.

Tony247

i just hope and pray that he brings players in summer who will lift this team to next level.

Thought he coached a good game considering how thin our already thin team was after the Antony and Martial injuries. Definitely one of his best big games tactically so far. We nullified City well all afternoon, but we were caught dallying on the ball too much and just not brave enough in progression.

Only complaints would be that Eriksen should have been off a little sooner. I wanted him off at half he was playing so poorly. Thought we also completely lost momentum after subbing on Weghorst but it was also after the ref gave that shite foul against Casemiro when we were all over them. Weghorst was fine when he actually had the ball though.

crossy1686

career ending
You've totally lost your head :lol: I get why and the timing of it, but you'd think Mount was Weghorst the way you're reacting about him, we might not even sign him anyway!
I hope we don’t but we’ll see what happens. I’m just questioning the need to push so hard for the first midfielder of the summer that’s available

Judas

Open to offers
My one mild criticism is that Garnacho and Mctominay could have come on sooner but it was obvious the plan was to keep Garnacho ready for the final half an hour to run at tired legs and he did really well. Mctominay has barely had any games so i can see why he didn't come on sooner but i expected more from Eriksen.
Honestly, I'd have rather seen McTominay over quite a few out there today, at least he gets it. People take the piss out of Passion FC and all that crap, but bloody hell compared to seeing meek shite performances like we saw from Sancho today....

maxtrash

Having seen this game to me it confirms ETH has had an absolute brilliant season getting 3rd place, the other cup and this final given the players available to him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Can't fault him today. Very tough to beat City with that guy in goal, a half dead Eriksen, and Sancho

Judas

Open to offers
I hope we don’t but we’ll see what happens. I’m just questioning the need to push so hard for the first midfielder of the summer that’s available
To be fair mate I'm sure a bit more thought has gone into it than that. I've been a critic of Mount a lot, but we're screaming out for someone who can do the simple things well and create, he can do all that. We need someone tidy on the ball, especially when we've got so many who treat it like a hot potato.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Very good first season given the challenging circumstances - Rashford coming in late, Ronaldo drama, injuries/suspensions to the likes of Martinez, Casimero, and others.

Confident we will be in the mix for the treble trophies next year after a few quality signings.

Mike Smalling

He doesn’t have enough quality in attack. Simple as that. Need to strengthen heavily to be able to challenge City.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Anyone championing Mason Mount wins the clueless awards
He's a very good player. Played a key role in a CL winning team under Tuchel. Every manager loves him. He's got excellent analytics, very effective. Great presser. He was overrated when they started comparing him to Bruno and de Bruyne that one season, but he is a very good player all the same, and young still. He'll make a massive difference for us.

3KDré

If he had a competent goalkeeper we would have had 3 trophies and maybe another 5 points too. Back him to the hilt.

SAFMUTD

Great defensive set up, we kept City quiet for long parts of the game. Regarding the second goal there's nothing he can do about De Gea's feck up. I just hope he's seen enough of him and we're looking to replace him.

We just dont have the talent in the squad to properly challenge City. Support him and he'll make it but today it was ridiculous how we only had Garnacho on the bench. While City had Ake, Laporte, Alvarez, Mahrez and Foden.

el3mel

Weghorst sub is logical. That's his only attacking option.

The Scott sub was the baffling one and just made us worse. Could have done without this one entirely.

Not that it would have mattered much when it comes to the result anyway.

I blame Martial for that. If not for his arse being continuously injured, we would have had more options than Eriksen or Weghorst.

Revan

Assumptionman
Tactically i thought EtH did well today, we just haven't had the quality.

No lack of effort, just a lack of quality.
Aye, we did as well as we could have, and could have either scored another two goals (Garnacho and the chance in the end).

crossy1686

career ending
To be fair mate I'm sure a bit more thought has gone into it than that. I've been a critic of Mount a lot, but we're screaming out for someone who can do the simple things well and create, he can do all that. We need someone tidy on the ball, especially when we've got so many who treat it like a hot potato.
And I totally fecking agree but mount isn’t the answer for me. caceido and others look way better options for the outlay

Appletonred

Bringing on Weghorst in a cup final pretty much sums up the kind of ownership this club has had to endure for far too long, credit to City by the way, but Utd have been hamstrung in such a manner by the owners that they have let City have carte blanche now for a long time, let's hope Ten Hag is backed to the hilt this summer though it wouldn't be a surprise if he isn't if there's no significant changes at the top.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Honestly, I'd have rather seen McTominay over quite a few out there today, at least he gets it. People take the piss out of Passion FC and all that crap, but bloody hell compared to seeing meek shite performances like we saw from Sancho today....
I don’t think effort was the issue at all today. I thought everyone tried to pull their weight. The unfortunate reality is we just don’t have the quality.

JustAGuest

Good first season all things considered. Going to need a better squad to seriously compete for the big titles as could be seen today.

crossy1686

career ending
He's a very good player. Played a key role in a CL winning team under Tuchel. Every manager loves him. He's got excellent analytics, very effective. Great presser. He was overrated when they started comparing him to Bruno and de Bruyne that one season, but he is a very good player all the same, and young still. He'll make a massive difference for us.
If we sign him, I hope you’re right, I really do, but for me I see more shades of Sancho than KDB or Bruno

Nick7

Hopefully we can put together a decent window and get him an actual squad for next season. Our lack of depth is truly shocking.

Superunknown

Having seen this game to me it confirms ETH has had an absolute brilliant season getting 3rd place, the other cup and this final given the players available to him.
I agree. He's done well to do all that considering who we have and who is injured.

I still have question marks around him for the long-term and there are still some things that concern me. The willingness to keep playing Weghorst, for one. Still not entirely sold on his decision to bring Antony to the club, either.

However, he's done well this season and to finish in the top 3, win one trophy and make it to the final of another is great going for his first season. I'm really eager to see what we do in the Summer and what changes for next year. The expectations will be ever higher.

Idxomer

We were missing our first-choice centre-back, our first-choice right-winger and our first-choice centre-forward.

For some perspective, City had three players on the bench in those positions better than those starters and only one of them got on the pitch.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Good first year. When you still watch us playing with players who struggle to complete a 5 yard pass or any other basic fundamental you realise what he’s up against