Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 575 54.4%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 482 45.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MiracleInMadrid

It’s a big problem that we have a spine of players with ZERO competition in their position.

The likes of Rashford, Bruno, Casemiro and Antony can be certain to play 9 out of 10 times because we haven’t got anyone near them in terms of individual quality.

When one of them aren’t playing well, we are doomed as a team.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Whats the betting that the next ten years will be the same as the last ten years? Just goes to show how good Sir Alex was.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Have you learnt nothing from blindly backing managers over the last 12 years, irrespective of how their performances have been? I have not seen many, if any, shouts of sacking him. However it's natural to have doubts seeing how we ended last season and how we've started this season. Unless you think what we are seeing is exactly how it should be.
of course i'm not happy with how we've played but calling for a manager to be sacked 2 games into a new season is just plain stupid, anyone saying that is a little bit thick in my view. Look back on the thread, people (or thickos) are genuinely calling for him to be sacked.

acnumber9

He needs to find answers to the problems he is partly to blame for. You can’t spend £140m on Mount and Antony and complain about lack of funds.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
People keep saying this, but the issue is that Brighton have a certain structure in place and the coach is just an extension of that, we don't have that structure in place (we should), so because of that there's no guarantee de zerbi is going to be a success here. It'd be another gamble.
He would come here and look shit because, exactly as you say, we have no footballing substance beyond having a manager.

PrinnyQueen

I feel it's really on ETH today. Rashford has never been a lone forward and it shows. It's just so odd you move your best player from last season to a position they obviously struggle with.

Perhaps things will change when Højlund is fully fit and he's such an unknown entity (and let's be honest, his goal scoring record thus far has hardly set the world alight) we'll just have to see what happens.

He's been a great manager in general with how he's dealt with players, but the performances have been well below par. Still, the performances have been below par since Sir Alex retired so it can't be EVERY manager has been poor can it?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don't understand how the fella who stuffed Real Madrid in the Bernabeu in a Champions League knockout tie hasn't managed to get a single respectable performance out of us away from home against non-shite opposition in the league.

crossy1686

career ending
I don't understand how the fella who stuffed Real Madrid in the Bernabeu in a Champions League knockout tie hasn't managed to get a single respectable performance out of us away from home against non-shite opposition.
Because Ajax signed players for him and he just coached them.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He got his priorities wrong i reckon.
We still needed a top class midfielder and seemingly we were linked with none (no im not considering mount a midfielder)
We probably couldn't afford to bed in a young prospect seeing how we actually needed a ready to go striker to spear head our attack immediately not someone that may or may not come off good in the foreseeable future (it's not like we got him for cheap either)

They only correct decision of his was ditching de gea.

SmallCaine

People need to stop with the top red bs of not questioning the manager, he's spent 350mn in 2 seasons. Antony is a flop, casemiro looks finished, mount is not working in a midfield 3. Unless hojlund turns into haaland these problems are not going to be papered over.

Tenhag deserves scrutiny right now, we look like a team that is on its last legs at the end of the season rather than a fresh team at start of it. His team selection today and subs were poor. This isn't his 1st season, he has no excuse for a poor start this time.

rajds89

Your kind are knee jerkers that want to sack the manager 2 games into a new season, you're not on your own.
I’ve never been sold on the bloke, I wanted Poch ahead of him. He’s done nothing to win me over since he’s been here. We shat the bed end of last season and we’ve been woeful the start of this. He’s spent fortunes and apart from Martinez and Casemiro in parts the rest have been terrible signings. This has nothing to do with 2 games in to this season, it goes back further.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Christ the knee jerk in this thread.
Forgive me if I’m wrong but since he’s been here I don’t think we’ve won an away match vs the top 10. We can’t win the league or challenge by narrowly beating poor sides, he hasn’t learned how to effectively manage these matches.

Pscholes18

He needs to go. We've spent 400m on players he wanted, have played 2 games the way he wants and look terrible. Then after last weeks performance he puts out the same exact team and guess what same utter shite and our are horrible away form continues.

Antony and Mount are absolute blunder purchases for what was spent for them. We needed a Cacideo or Rice type MF not Mount. Absolute joke Chelsea and Boehly laughing since we helped fund Cacideo for them.
Are you sure the players are playing the way he wants?

lilcurt

Starting to get worried. I'm hoping the problems are more down to the club not delivering what he needs than his decision making.

• Persisting with Rashford through the middle. It doesn't work.
  • Having no idea what to do in the final third, not a single player seems to have a clue.
  • Signing Mount whilst letting Fred go making us even more unbalanced in the midfield.
  • Leaving the door open a crack for Maguire.
  • Persisting with Anthony every game.
One thing I think is certainly on him is our preparation for the season. You would think after last year's start he would have drilled them so hard to start well this campaign. We look the least fit team in the league.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Right now? Not really.

I although I'd say the run we went on last season which culminated in the league cup final was better than anything we saw from ole bar his caretaker days.
How long was it after that fantastic away run that we really went off the boil? Ole's last few games were awful - but our performances at the end of last season weren't great and have got worse.

I'm actually beginning to think that maybe relegation is the only way to get rid of the Glazers - no-one will convince me that they aren't a blight on the club.

BerryBerryShrew

He’s playing 2 advanced midfielders with no plan what so ever. It’s like he’s just picked 11 players and told them to play.

You play 2 midfielders in the mould of Bruno and Mount if you can control a game, they can get on the ball and move it around the field…..why do we play with 40% possession and look like we can’t put together 5 passes?

People will blame Mount. It’s the amateur hour setup, we’ll lose almost every match playing this dumb amateur hour ’style of play’
Nail on head. Most managers would do anything to have Cas-Mount-Bruno to work on as a midfield 3. It is far better than what Ange had today (or De Zerbi had when they were tearing Wolves apart today), yet we keep hearing that he needs an FdJ clone? Nonsense, a top coach would get close to a title with Cas-Mount-Bruno. They just need to be properly coached.

OrcaFat

Brighton manager.
The manager is not the problem (if there even is a problem). You can put anyone in this club and they will need a lot of time and most will fail before they get the chance to succeed. There were plenty said we should have got Potter. DiZerbi probably wouldn’t last the season.

Someone

Something
You can feel that old poor mentality is creeping in again, because most of his trusted players aren't doing well, and apart from Onana, the squad looks worse. Worried about him, knives will be out soon.

mu4c_20le

People keep saying this, but the issue is that Brighton have a certain structure in place and the coach is just an extension of that, we don't have that structure in place (we should), so because of that there's no guarantee de zerbi is going to be a success here. It'd be another gamble.
Letting Ten Hag continue is also a gamble

fallengt

My doubt started when United signed Mason Mount.
Even James Maddison would make more sense than fecking Mount

Womp

idiot
We played some good stuff at times in the first half but we just look so lethargic. Everyone looks so tired and like they're lacking fitness.

hobbers

Antony and Mount two massive expensive mistakes.

Casemiro signing with no thought to the future massive mistake.

Relying on Rashford and Bruno moments FC a continuation of Ole’s incompetence

Xaviboy

Think he got summer window wrong and spent it on wrong players. Onana was needed but half budget on type midfielder not needed.

Wrong type of midfield he has decided to go with, Mount waste of 55 million. We already have Bruno. If he continues this way its suicidal and will get sacked.

Needs to be sorted out ASAP.

Needs someone in midfield with casemiro who can get about and pass it and dictate play.

I dread the champions league group we get.

redIndianDevil

Brighton manager looks good because he doesn't have the unbelievable pressure of a United manager. Put him here with all the scrutiny and shit and see how well he does... you guys just keep underestimating this job. Saying that, ETH needs to sort it out but the knee jerk reactions are really unhelpful.
Bullshit. I have been hearing this “pressure” of managing us since the days of Moyes. Looks like every manager we sign thinks he is the God and make the most idiotic of demands regarding new signings. Not one manager seems to think it’s a huge job and he need all the support he can get. Why can’t EtH have worked with someone like Rangnick. But the first thing that happened was Rangnick getting fired.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s the man for this job but he needs time. I don’t get the Mount signing at all or the love of Bruno but I think changes will be made as the season goes on and we will see a different formation and big names on the bench. Excited for Hojlund coming in.

sammyhol

He is making terrible calls.

simple as that.

we aren’t as bad as his decisions are making us look… both tactically and in the market.

worrying

M4YON

He would come here and look shit because, exactly as you say, we have no footballing substance beyond having a manager.
And that WILL NOT change until we rid the club of the morons at the top.

But people will continue to blame the manager, the players even the scouring departments but not the Glazers.