Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 617 46.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 716 53.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s a victims of a whole lot of other issues at this club that new owners could quickly solve.

Goku1983

ETH is not the problem it's something internal with the club which has filtered down to the players. I can't say or put my finger on exactly what but the fact every manager since Fergie has failed isn't due to the managers themselves for the most part.

If the players refuse or can't do what the manager wants that's not his fault nor is it his fault we have no money so he can't play exact how he wants because he's limited in options.

Of course some of the past managers are to blame in some sense but not all of them and not all the time it starts and ends with the Glazers.

evil_geko

and not believing that ETH is the right man after poor transfers, a pathetic ending to last season and 3 dog shit performances so far this isn’t “embarrassing”.
Of course it is embarrassing, because all that you have mentioned is overblown and untrue just so it can be uses as ammo against the manager. People already decided Mount is poor transfer two games into the season, that is even more embarrassing.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I reckon he’ll be gone this season, but it won’t be any time soon. Spring 24 is my guess. After we’ve been pumped out of the CL and are meandering around in the league
They look like they're persisting with a style of play they haven't quite got the people for or the hang of. Yet. Looks worse than it is possibly?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Shouldn't be sacked but I'm not seeing the hope others are seeing with him.

£400+ million spent in a year and still a defunct midfield.

Over a year of us giving up big chances from our own corners. This should be easy to coach out of players.

Impotent attack.

His persistence with Antony. A truly atrocious excuse for a footballer.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No one is untouchable but this season is looking like what I expected last season to be.

I give him until January to sort this out.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Reason why is because there are better manager that could be attainable like de zerbi. If the club get bought out, I rather de zerbi conduct the rebuild job than ETH at the moment.

I m not typically a result guy. ETH was brought to improve our footballing aesthetic. If we wanted shoddy wins, we would have just kept Ole. We bought in ETH to imbue an attractive footballing philosophy and I have not seen that yet. When you see how fast Pochettino, postecoglue and de zerbi has changed the culture and footballing nature of their respective club, it shouldn't be that hard to do at United.

This season is the season that we should be challenging for the title and champion league, moreover look more like a cohesive unit. Perhaps it is just a slow start, but that should be expectations going into this season.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It's not the manager
It's not the players
It's the owners and the fecking structure. Until we fix that, everyone who comes in will struggle.

Revan

Assumptionman
Murtough first. Then open to anything a qualified DOF wants to do
Best case scenario is for the fecking takeover to be done, Qatar getting control, putting their own structure there, and then DoF deciding the new steps.

Firing ten Hag (despite that he is doing a great job to deserve getting fired) while Murtough, Arnold and Glazers are here won’t achieve anything except a new manager temporary bounce.

DWelbz19

They look like they're persisting with a style of play they haven't quite got the people for or the hang of. Yet. Looks worse than it is possibly?
I just think there’s absolutely zero squad balance in this team. It’s why we got absolutely battered against big teams last season and it looks like he’s decided the solution is to sign Mason Mount to add some steel in midfield. Yeah.

DWelbz19

It's not the manager
It's not the players
It's the owners and the fecking structure. Until we fix that, everyone who comes in will struggle.
The owners and the fecking structure aside — how has the manager managed to spend as much as he has and signed the players he has — and still end up with such a hideously imbalanced squad? We play without a coherent style of football, and took some absolute pummellings last season. We excused a lot of it for first season tax and taking a “results first” approach — but how can this continue to be justified?

mu4c_20le

Of course it is embarrassing, because all that you have mentioned is overblown and untrue just so it can be uses as ammo against the manager. People already decided Mount is poor transfer two games into the season, that is even more embarrassing.
Only thing overblown and untrue is Antony's transfer fee

rajds89

How is any of it untrue? the games against Wolves and then Tottenham we were awful and deserved zero points. We’re currently behind at home against a team you’d expect to be fighting relegation again this season. His signings have left a lot to be desired and only really Casemiro and Martinez have been what you’d call a success to date. The rest, question marks hanging over them. You mention Mount.. a remember plenty questioning if we should even be signing him before we did.. we did and he’s been rubbish first couple of games and is now injured.

garelo

IF people want to play "the blame game", blame John Murtough. He's our DoF yet he allowed manager to make decision and overrule everyone in the transfer window, WHY? is it because he lacks of networks, lack of ability of make a call on transfer, or he's simply a coward who hides behind manager's back? Regardless of the reason, it doesnt look for him at all, 3 managers and all ended up in failure. He NEEDS to go before we fired ETH.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The owners and the fecking structure aside — how has the manager managed to spend as much as he has and signed the players he has — and still end up with such a hideously imbalanced squad? We play without a coherent style of football, and took some absolute pummellings last season. We excused a lot of it for first season tax and taking a “results first” approach — but how can this continue to be justified?
I'm not excusing the manager or the players. They deserve to be held accountable.

I'm simply saying that if we keep doing what we've been doing (no squad planning, recruitment driven by the manager, etc), we can keep replacing the manager and the entire squad, but nothing will change.

rajds89

It’s amazing how rattled people get on a football forum when others post things they don’t agree with.

Zed is not dead

did anyone see how the rain just flows from his head and how it shines under the Old Trafford lights?
Ours is the baldest of all the bald managers :drool:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
People moaning it’s the glazers or same old players downing tools getting him sacked. Onana, Martinez, Casemiro, erikson, Antony all playing today have only been here since ten hag arrival, it’s not the same old players. Varane is a good player, Bruno and rashford probably our best players. That only leaves martial (soon to be replaced) wan bissaka and dalot (playing because of injury) as the dross.

ten hag has put this team together, I really hope we can turn it around and get some decent performances soon

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
After the results he delivered last season, and the way he dealt with an unprecedented amount of off-pitch awfulness, he deserves more respect.

hobbers

Wolves and Forest playing through us with an ease that even City and Pool didnt have last season.

We are fecking shit. ETH has turned a reasonable defensive unit (except the big away games) into the worst side in the league without the ball.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Have we really got this thread? Jesus :lol: Our fan base is tragic. He was the best manager we’ve ever had last season… people wanting to keep changing managers, that’s why we never have a set team and style of play. Give the man time!

Blood Mage

It's going to be one of those painful car crash seasons. You could just smell the bastard in the air right from the start. The transfer window was demoralising, not just for us fans but for the players too I imagine who were probably hoping to see much better reinforcements come in. The Glazers had to feck us one last time out of the door.

I am not ETH out yet though, he has earned plenty of time to turn things around.

Jezpeza

For me because we still look like dog excrement in possession and struggle to hurt teams unless given the chance to counter. We also look defensively frail. We sacked the previous manager for that so whats the reason not to again?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He'll be given the season barring an absolute disaster, but you do wonder if the challenges the club faces at basically every level are beyond him. Clearly the problems Utd face go beyond the coach himself but that doesn't mean he's doing a good job.

AndySmith1990

Too soon, but it's definitely not good enough at the moment. We've been utterly shit ever since the league cup final, and we're even worse this season.