Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 540 53.2%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 475 46.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's nothing special. It's over a year of coaching and we're still hopeless at defending corners.

Almost half a billion spent in one year and we're just Moments FC again but with less moments.

UDontMessWith24

Not all things are his fault, the injuries to our two best CBs and best LB is just bad luck, but ffs make some changes.

He needs to stop being such a cowardly loser, and start making big decisions. Stop playing the same players again and again. Our midfield was awful, both Casemiro and Eriksen looked gas, bring on some fresh pair of legs.
Who were the midfielders on the bench?

SmallCaine

Come on. If Garnacho is onside he's a genius. We were unlucky not to get a draw here.
It's his 10th defeat in 11 games vs top 10 opponents away. It stopped being about luck a while back now.

Last edited:

Redfan94

Any manager coming into this structure will struggle! No leadership above the manager. I don’t care how much we spend! The club is rotten.
This, we’ve hired every type of manager, every profile of player, spent millions upon millions, and the end result is still the same.

We’re a forgotten team being left behind by clubs with owners who have real ambition.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It will end up being the same as the Ole crowd who want to prolong something that clearly isn’t working and then just walk away after wasting years of time and money. But of course they weren’t wrong about anything.

Just look at what Ange has done with Spurs in a few months. Here we are, months and months on, and he can’t even get the players fit, nevermind beat a decent team away from home.

Unam333

People will kneejerk (again), but come on, how unlucky we are with injuries! How can we ever implement a progressive, possession based formation if our first team players are dropping like flies. Thank God we have an international break now.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to stop starting Antony first. He offers nothing. He is a defensive winger paired with most defensive RB ever. Our right side is garbage. The guy has no guts to run and take players on half the time.
I don't rate Anthony at all but ETH is stubborn and he won't admit he got it very wrong with this transfer. Anthony will get dropped when ETH gets sacked.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Again we went in full defensive mode in last minutes. And if course that we got a goal.
He is perfectly happy with draws in big away games. And that cost us.

GledTheRed

Other managers have greater impact in far less time with far less money spent.

It's concerning that we are still shit and fragile with no control in games.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Christ, Evans and Maguire in defence, one midfield signing injured, our other midfield signing was left to the last minute due to gross mismanagment over the past decade ruining our finances so couldn't play. 3 of our top 4 defenders injured. But all on Ten Haag obviously
It’s not all on Ten Hag, but maybe don’t give him too many excuses considering we’ve won one match against a top ten opponent since the start of last season, and that was Fulham.

Castia

I’ve been critical this season but feck me that wasn’t on the manager today

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
His style of play is absolutely awful. He's being carried by his 'Ajax way/Guardiola disciple' reputation.

UDontMessWith24

Lack of perspective is absolutely hilarious. If only you would stay f***ed off when things turn around this forum would be a better place

marktan

Alongside importing Ajax plays seems to have imported the Ajax mentality of beating the weak teams but then struggling against equal or better teams (in the CL).

In all seriousness though as others have said the club are badly letting him down by leaving him to all the transfer business, which hasn't been great. Say we had Liverpool's recruitment team and brought in McAlister and Szbobsai? We'd look so much better in midfield.

dubplate warrior

We brought on our 5th choice CB. I don't think he is expected to play many minutes. Cups here and there but somehow we have 3 injured cb's.
6th choice, Luke Shaw would normally play there.

It's tricky. I'd like to see us play with a full squad but I'm really disappointed with the kind of football he's tried to play. I thought we'd play a more attractive brand of football when bringing him in.

SmallCaine

Huh? Varane is injured. Martinez got injured during the game. He wanted Kim Min Jae or Todibo. The only CBs he had on the bench were Maguire and Evans. There were no other CBs for him to bring on.
The why didn't he make it clear to maguire he has no place. Maguire has been on the bench every game he is fit. It's on Ten Hag to make it clear he doesn't want a player and that player has no future here. You can't keep picking a guy in the squad, telling him he has to fight for his place and then hide behind I wanted someone else excuse.

Fooza

We are not getting top 4 at this rate but we still have to stick with him if we don't, that's just the reality. The transfer windows haven't been productive enough.

imagine bringing on Evans and Maguire still, and we expect top 4? give over

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I genuinely don't see the difference in games like these to when Ole was here. I can overlook the results if there is a clear plan and vision but I don't see it. Just an counter attacking team again

UDontMessWith24

It will end up being the same as the Ole crowd who want to prolong something that clearly isn’t working and then just walk away after wasting years of time and money. But of course they weren’t wrong about anything.

Just look at what Ange has done with Spurs in a few months. Here we are, months and months on, and he can’t even get the players fit, nevermind beat a decent team away from home.
Surpassed Ole’s highest point total and trophy haul in his first season. Run along

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Some of you need to get a grip. We played the game like an away team should against a strong arsenal side and had our chances to win the game. We started the game without Varane, ended it with Evans and Maguire. There are other reasons we are not where Arsenal are, and it's not because of Ten Hag.

BarstoolProphet

Fine margins in terms of getting a result today, however he has spent hundreds and all we get is shit on a stick football which obviously doesn't help him after yet another loss. See absolutely no sign of progress even after signing heaps of technical players.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Yeah let's sack him after a positive season so we can appoint another manager who wants different players who will also fail so we can continue this cycle every two years. Like Van Gaal, like Mourinho, like Ole. And people ask themselves "why can't we ever get it right?"

Judas

Open to offers
Again we went in full defensive mode in last minutes. And if course that we got a goal.
To be fair it was obvious we were setting up to catch them on the break which we did. It wasn’t like we weren’t trying to be positive.

UDontMessWith24

6th choice, Luke Shaw would normally play there.

It's tricky. I'd like to see us play with a full squad but I'm really disappointed with the kind of football he's tried to play. I thought we'd play a more attractive brand of football when bringing him in.
The problem with real life as opposed to video games is it takes time.

Geistman

I'd love to know when his style of play is going to be integrated into the team. Half a billion spent and it's still Ole ball

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
His away form is horrendous but I didn't for one second think he got it wrong today. We were the better team - and we could have won the game if it wasn't for a matter of inches.

Ralph1386

Yes we should have gone full attacking mode with Evans and Maguire leading from the back. With their speed and ball playing abilities it was a no brainer to push up with these two :lol::lol: