Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 430 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 461 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I saw decent effort, just better ball movement by Brighton. I don’t understand why we can’t just fecking buy their DoF and scout team?
Then you'll have people up in arms about not backing the manager when the DoF doesn't sign every single Eredivise player the manager wants

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Who is the main person with regards to getting the players and team in order? I'm talking mindset, attitude, passion, drive, focus. Who's job is it to get that out of everyone?

Phil

He’s lost my faith but I think he deserves some more time for now.

UDontMessWith24

What’s the difference? Are these players going to work hard and play as a team for someone else? Whether he stays, is sacked or resigned, this group of players’ collective attitude isn’t worthy of the shirt.

marktan

Bring Ole back. At least he was one of us, he understood what United were about.

JohnyBuckets

Can’t believe he left mctominey on after so little effort tracking back and things clearly not working out on the right. He refuses to give players a go even though it is clear the side would benefit from it. What does pellistri have to do to get a chance..
Antony out, Sancho out of the squat, amad injured, still doesnt get a start and then mctominey playing like shit and goals coming from the right side and still doesnt put pellistri on until the 83rd. Shit managing

Fooza

I think another huge problem for EtH is keeping on Rashford today. I don't personally believe in styles, first and foremost you run your socks off and work harder than the opposition, that's the absolute basics before having a style of play.

By keeping on Rashford and taking off Rasmus speaks volumes and will send mixed messages to the players.

He really doesn't have a scooby anymore. I hate this favouritism.

Ollie Derbyshire

I said recently we need to give him another year after this one for continuity BUT performances are getting worse, injuries are mounting up, Anthony & Sandro side lined.

I’ll now revise my decision over the rest of this season when majority are fit and available again. He’s having to deal with a lot and that’s not gonna change even if Sir Alex came back!

To be fair we probably should have lost all 5 games this season we have been that bad. He needs to show he has some magic or it’ll have to change.

Sanchez7

Sack him and bring in Nagelsmann as long as he is available
Unfortunately, this. I really like EtH but the signings have been baffling and yet again our team looks like 11 strangers playing football. Having said that, things probably won't improve until the Glazers go.

Jeffthered

Just don't know what to say. We have to back ETH, but he is showing himself now. It isn't clear what he is trying to do. The Antony signing is now being seen as examples of his judgement, and other teams, manager's, fans.. journalists.. everyone can just sense that it's not quite right. And when you compare to the manager's at Brighton, Villa, look at Spurs... they all have an identity which we sorely lack. And those manager's have managed that in a matter of months.

It's the psychology of the club, the team.. that's what concerns me. Nobody seems to be happy to be at Old Trafford. Think about that.

Ceteris

My emotions right after this Brighton game is get rid.

I will probably calm down later and agree he need time

Question is time to do what?

ForeverRed1

Keep him and back him.

many of these players need to feck off first. Have needed to for a long time.

also these owners need to feck off.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's not changing much, is he. I couldn't tell much difference between this and Ole's team. We are still slow, still lazy, still playing outdated football.

bstb3

This is incredible. We will never progress with constant change, even if it's painful at times. All it does is divert attention from the real problems at the club. Utterly depressing to even have to consider the question right now.

Contrast to Brighton. A well run club, coached and structured properly with owners who care. It doesn't matter the manager so much, because they are run well. De Zerbi looks good, but I bet most of the work is lower than him and behind the scenes. We simply lack any of that, and expect that if we keep changing the manager it will simply pop into existence? Laughable, honestly.

Drainy

Chelsea took Di Zerbi from Brighton? I must have missed that ?
No they took the manager who had them flying high last season and he was made to look like a clown because it's a systemic problem. Or did you miss that? Unless you think United are some well run club and it's just the manager (again)?

Steve Bruce

I'm firmly in the ETH camp and personally don't understand the lack of patience we have considering how much time OGS got.

However it's foolish to make any changes until the ownership of the club is settled whatever way it will be settled.

That to me is the earliest a change should be made as hopefully we'll have got rid of the current regime and we can start a fresh.

But right now I'm firmly ETH in

Blood Mage

I'm losing patience but I'll wait to see if Amrabat coming into the midfield changes our fortunes.

Dominos

There has to be serious questions if results don't pick up starting next weekend.

400 million spent and we're looking like outsiders for top 4. Can't score, can't pass the ball, and now can't defend either.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
By 1st December we will know. That’s the part of the season that will make us or break us, and will either support or undermine the case for this direction.

Greck

Regarding style of play I think it's because he's overstretching his style trying to bend to the squad's strengths. Players that won't win jack. We need to review everyone from top to bottom. We looked so much better last season.

UDontMessWith24

Who is the main person with regards to getting the players and team in order? I'm talking mindset, attitude, passion, drive, focus. Who's job is it to get that out of everyone?
Who’s been able to get that out of them? Sack him or don’t sack him, it always ends the same way for the next manager.

liamp

We've been through 5 permanent managers post-SAF now. I wouldn't have a problem if he was sacked, but you're just starting the same cycle that we had with the other 4. In 2 summer windows, he's tried to clear out the excess from previous manager regimes and dictated the transfers in, including bringing in his old GK, CB, and RW from Ajax to the tune of near 200m. Naglesmann, Potter, or whoever else comes will have the same problem he does with clearing out this current crop and will repeat the same problem with bringing in their own players that suit their tangibly different system. It's been the same thing for a decade now, and we're still talking about sacking managers as if it's going to be a long-term solution. It's a short-term bandage over a problem that lies far further up than the manager.

lex talionis

It’s way too early for a thread like this. Please, can the poster who put this up apologize?

Red Rash

Keep he needs to be given time. My biggest concern is how we turn around this current form. We have such limited options with Antony unavailable, Martial injury prone and Mount, Shaw and Varane injured.

Walter Sobchak

not to sound like a boring broken record but if you think any manager will thrive under glazer rule you are high.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What would drastically change if he's sacked?