g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Revan

Assumptionman
I am pro ETH but 3 L in first 5 league games is abysmal. This season is quickly going down the drawn. Forget closing gap on City, now it all about getting that 4th UCL spot. But whatever happens, ETH should get 3 seasons. I don't think firing another manager in season 2 is going to do anything
6 seasons. 6 is the right number.

And if that doesn’t work, we should try 42.

Because that is how a company should be run. In blind faith.

Lee565

You can't say this isn't his side, after signing more players to fit his needs we have become worse!

Ceteris

-4 goal difference after 5 games
No attacking threat, can't defend
Can't pass, can't press effectively
Can't change a game when it's going badly

Devil81

It's not looking good at all is it. I suspect he's lost this dressing room as certain players look like they've downed tools again.

He's also unwilling to give players a go when it's glaringly obvious they will benefit the side.

The biggest thing for me is the clear waste of funds. Mount, Casemiro and Antony cost over 200 million and they aren't up to it. Mount wasn't needed, Antony is a 25 million pound played not 90 million and Casemiro was shown the door by Madrid as they could see the collapse in sight.

Lentwood

I like Ten Hag but I struggle to see what we're trying to achieve here.

It's seems we're playing this odd 'not quite a press, not quite a counter, not quite a possession based' style of football and it doesn't really suit our players and it seems so easy to expose.

All three goals today were from Brighton exposing the huge gaps down our flanks and cutting the ball back. We've seen this problem repeated in other games this season.

The other oddity is that players end up in positions that don't suit them. Where was Bruno playing today? I couldn't work it out. Why does Casemiro seem to be constantly surging forward like some kind of box-to-box midfielder?

I don't watch as much football as I used to and I don't dissect the tactics in much detail but I can't tell whether we have a plan and we're implementing it badly or whether it's as chaotic as it sometimes looks

maximus419

Given the lack of improvement and money spent, it's hard to defend his position whatever the club decides. We look clueless and that's always the sign a manager is really under pressure.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Unforgivable this summer and his preparation. Just awful and can’t possible give more confidence and resources to someone who was behind it.

Those who “understand football” can sod off. I have no interest in going through this pure torture again dreaming that someone who isn’t up to the job will suddenly come good.

it’s a disgrace how far people are happy to see us dropping.

lex talionis

There are two conversations about ETH. Today’s performance and whether we persevere with him through the end of the season. Forget the latter for now. His management today was abysmal.

Jerry Garcia

His selection of McTominay on the right today, who did absolutely sod all to help Dalot out leaves questions.
I was thinking the same thing. He was constantly jogging back too. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the first 11. Completely clueless management from ETH today.

Castia

I am pro ETH but 3 L in first 5 league games is abysmal. This season is quickly going down the drawn. Forget closing gap on City, now it all about getting that 4th UCL spot. But whatever happens, ETH should get 3 seasons. I don't think firing another manager in season 2 is going to do anything
The 2 games we won were lucky. Got battered by Wolves how we got 3 points I’ll never know and we was 2-0 against Forrest

Even pre season was a mess

Robbie Boy

Yeah, Carrick isnt good enough, same as Ole. It was McKenna that was the guy, that has potential. But even then, PL is a different beast.
Ole was fecking terrible so I hope we never go that route again. Unless a former player actually proves themselves at a proper level first.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Do zerbi would end the same way all the others have. He’d do well to start but the rot would set in. It’s happened to every single manager we have had since fergie. This is a deeper problem than the manager. no single manager is sorting this mess out when you have the owners we have along with the structure we have. It’s honestly the truest thing about this football club and where it’s at.
Not only get De zerbi, but also get a DoF and sporting director. Also, change ownership. Tactically de zerbi is better than ETH, but for long term planning, we also need to have the right structure in place. And I feel that United new project should evolve around the ideology we are seeing at Brighton, but at a higher level. I believe that it is only a deeper problem than the manager if we are looking at it long term. But, short term, a good manager can come in and change our style and performance

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Rock bottom of the Championship...
That’s why I said it. He may get the sack and become our interim if ETH also gets the sack. Really hope ETH can turn it around but at the moment don’t see how.

Mainoldo

I back him but it’s a results based business unfortunately!

The tactics have been terrible

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sack him, but in fairness most of our team is useless too so whoever we sack him for will get sacked too

Widow

Very little creativity, very little control of midfield and very little resistance at the back. We look like a soft team ripe for the plucking! After two summers of heavy spending, we should be allowed to expect much, much more. Brighton is a decent side but they didn't need to do much today.

If this continues, there will be questions asked of the manager and those questions will not go away. Managers don't appear to get the time to turn things around anymore. If we are struggling in 10th at Christmas, he's in serious trouble!

DSG

keep saying it but performances dropping off the face of the earth when a couple of individuals are unavailable is proof we rely on individuals still to me
I don’t necessarily disagree. Where is last season’s Ten Hag? You may be right, it’s individuals… but wait, we spent a feck load of money on these players, how is it they still play like shite?

r0663664

Worships Man City
I am losing patience with Erik. His poor signings that he has made. It cost us hundreds of millions for one dimensional players that has not elevated the team. He has set us back for the next 4-5 years. Unless there is a new owner who wants to spend a billion. United is done, I guarantee we will finish out of top 4. He is stubborn with his tactics, who on earth will pit McTominay on right chasing Lamtey??? 2 goals came from the right as we are easily bypass. Why does he keeps changing the system? I can't type anymore, extremely disappointed with this lot from players to manager to upper hierarchy. Compete shambles, everyone can laugh in our face with such a spineless performance week in week our.

Lee565

You have to give him more time but despite him getting to hand pick players he wants I don't see a great and exciting style of play, it's pretty uninspiring to watch most of the time.

Marcus

Would sack at the end of the season for De Zerbi only if there is no progress.