Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 304 41.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 436 58.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Salford_Red83

As soon as I saw McTominay starting AGAIN I knew we wouldn't win this game.

Just tired of it now.

JagUTD

Not rotating the players last year was ridiculous. I remember how we fielded our strongest team in return leg against Nottingham and people were just over the moon with how our players don’t need any rest and just keep on going. It was super risky and appears to have backfired.
Good point and another similarity with Klopps Liverpool the season before. Always playing his strongest team.

Wonder if they make jokes about United and inhalers over on RAWK or whatever forum they frequent.

el3mel

It's not the bloody point :lol:

But he did score against Everton recently if you are asking.
The point is you are just listing for the sake of it. Out of these players only Caseimro and Martinez are a loss and even Caseimro has been awful this season. The team isn't missing Martial or Rashford that's for sure. As I said, at this point the excuses are starting to get a little bit desperate.

And as I said multiple times, tonight wasn't the game that costed us the qualification anyway. We lost it when we lost to Galatasaray and Copenhagen.

JagUTD

The point is you are just listing for the sake of it. Out of these players only Caseimro and Martinez are a loss and even Caseimro has been awful this season. The team isn't missing Martial or Rashford that's for sure. As I said, at this point the excuses are starting to get a little bit desperate.

And as I said multiple times, tonight wasn't the game that costed us the qualification anyway. We lost it when we lost to Galatasaray and Copenhagen.
Both Rashford and Martial have been beyond shite and nobody is saying otherwise. They probably would have been shite tonight but Hojlund was shite, there's no probably about it and having either of them on the bench would have allowed us to take Hojlund off. Make a change. It's more than we did or could have done tonight. That's the point.

el3mel

Both Rashford and Martial have been beyond shite and nobody is saying otherwise. They probably would have been shite tonight but Hojlund was shite, there's no probably about it and having either of them on the bench would have allowed us to take Hojlund off. Make a change. It's more than we did or could have done tonight. That's the point.
Would that change have resulted in us qualifying from the group?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Hard to disagree, but he’s working with what he has. We wouldn’t play this way if he had Casemiro, Licha, Mount, Marcus etc in the XI.
Maybe, but after seeing the starting few matches of the season I still think he would play this way though. He’d just have Casemiro instead of amrabat and Mount basically upfront instead of mctominay. Basically the same roles but different players. I’d love it to work but nothing this season, even when we had these players available show that it will work. It’s like we’re not set up to create chances, yeah we’ve scored a few in the champions league against gala and Copenhagen but we’re struggling to score in the league.

we need points it’s as simple as that and if the players you require to play a certain way are out then you play a different way to accommodate the players that you have got. He’s just gone he’ll bent on mctominay scoring for us and forgot everything else

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How many of our XI tonight get in their XI?
I wasn't impressed by quite a few of their players or them as a whole over the two games. It's easy to make your argument in our predicament but if you actually put some of our players in their team then I thin they'd look better than they do for us. Mazraoui, Davies, Upamecano, Goretzka have question marks. Didn't think Ter Stegen was very good with his distribution at times, though Onana isn't getting in ahead based on what he's done.

Copenhagen managed a draw with them and we're better than them on paper. They've just been stuffed by Frankfurt 5-1 and we're better than them on paper. Yet we can't even score or muster a chance?

peridigm

As soon as I saw McTominay starting AGAIN I knew we wouldn't win this game.

Just tired of it now.
Yet he's one of our highest goal scorers in all competitions. Yes, I know Hojlund has 5 goals in CL alone but he's a striker and you mentioned a midfielder.

The Purley King

I am seriously losing patience.
I don’t care if mainoo is 4 fuxking years old he’s clearly showed he’s the most talented midfielder and he showed it again tonight.
Severe lack of judgement from ETH.
I would say terminal lack of judgement

Marwood

I wasn't impressed by quite a few of their players or them as a whole over the two games. It's easy to make your argument in our predicament but if you actually put some of our players in their team then I thin they'd look better than they do for us. Mazraoui, Davies, Upamecano, Goretzka have question marks. Didn't think Ter Stegen was very good with his distribution at times, though Onana isn't getting in ahead based on what he's done.

Copenhagen managed a draw with them and we're better than them on paper. They've just been stuffed by Frankfurt 5-1 and we're better than them on paper. Yet we can't even score or muster a chance?
Right so you wouldn't put any of our XI tonight in their XI? If I've got that wrong just list the players.

JagUTD

Yet he's one of our highest goal scorers in all competitions. Yes, I know Hojlund has 5 goals in CL alone but he's a striker and you mentioned a midfielder.
McTominay is this year's winner of the prestigious "it all his fault" award after Maguire forfeited his crown and his biggest rival left to be replaced by a fat superiors player.

He's miles better than Amrabat though.

Pes6Monster

He's made a very similar mistake to Ole. Too much faith in mediocre players. Rewards for a half-arsed performance.

Martial is featuring again after a good game versus an awful Everton. You'd think the previous five years would be sufficient evidence. McTom has scored some goals, again, versus mediocre opponents. He is 26 and not going to become a top class midfielder.

Rashford, Antony, Dalot, Shaw, Lindelof all have made good contributions but not enough to save their skins.

EtH must be ruthless, yes, but must also ensure he replaces these players correctly. This is where we truly unravel.

Where is the scouting/analysis/recruitment quality the likes city have? We can easily afford such so where is it? Where is the inclination to attain such?

Basically, EtH could scream it from the leaky rooftops but it comes down to Joel Glazer and he wants Martial. The manager is as disposable
as he is stuck with this mediocre shell of a squad.

He's not blameless, his transfers have been poor, but if he managed city/liverpool et al the entire
process would be streamlined. Analysis departments deploying modern techniques and methods to reach more informed decisions. (Think of Klopp wanting Brandt, being rebuffed and getting Salah.)

EtH gets Joel and Golden Ant-nee.

We can dump EtH but core issues remain firmly intact. We need a change in administration.

Castia

He might nick a goal or even 2 like against Chelsea but unless he scores he offers nothing and leaves the entire midfield wide open, it’s a gamble that in the long run will cost us way more games than goals that he can score

Teams can just walk through us and have been doing all season it doesn’t work

Salford_Red83

And?

There's no tactical thought in him playing from the start. It leaves us desperately wide open in midfield and crowded up front.

Amrabat and Mainoo should be our starting midfield, which allows Bruno to feed the wingers or Højlund.

McTominay should be thrown on when we are chasing a goal.

It's just plain dumb to keep persisting with him at this point.

El Zoido

I’ve totally lost faith. It’s a sad situation because I really liked the team for most of last season. His transfers, combined with insane and ridiculous team selections and tactical decisions, are indefensible.

Salford_Red83

McTominay is this year's winner of the prestigious "it all his fault" award after Maguire forfeited his crown and his biggest rival left to be replaced by a fat superiors player.

He's miles better than Amrabat though.
¡Ay, caramba!

JagUTD

He might nick a goal or even 2 like against Chelsea but unless he scores he offers nothing and leaves the entire midfield wide open, it’s a gamble that in the long run will cost us way more games than goals that he can score

Right. And if Casemiro and Eriksen were available he probably wouldn't be playing half as much. And if we are going to drop one of him or Amrabat for Mainoo, then it's Amrabat everytime, who is much worse than McTominay.

So when all is said and done, he's playing out of necessity just now rather than choice.

The fact he's playing should tell us all that things are a bit of a concern in the injury department much the same way it should with Maguire playing again (though credit to him, he's been on).

Both of those players should have gone in the summer but in some sick twist lf fate, they've both ended up being useful for us and arguably stopped things being even worse. Which is honestly mental.

TempusFugit

He's not terrible tactically. We were actually disciplined and okay out there. His signings are shocking though, if you're a struggling manager Antony won't score the goals you need to get results. This is what will get him sacked. There's not enough quality in that squad to get the results he needs

mu4c_20le

How can anyone trust this guy? I don't get it. He really felt like he walked into a goldmine with that Mctominay Brentford sub - and has stuck with that experiment ever since. Here's another example:

Harsh on Mina, she's just as baffled as we are.

AndyMUFC

Definitely hasn't been helped by injuries but yeah it's not looking good.

Reckon he goes if we get embarrassed at Anfield?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Right. And if Casemiro and Eriksen were available he probably wouldn't be playing half as much. And if we are going to drop one of him or Amrabat for Mainoo, then it's Amrabat everytime, who is much worse than McTominay.

So when all is said and done, he's playing out of necessity just now rather than choice.

The fact he's playing should tell us all that things are a bit of a concern in the injury department much the same way it should with Maguire playing again (though credit to him, he's been on).

Both of those players should have gone in the summer but in some sick twist lf fate, they've both ended up being useful for us and arguably stopped things being even worse. Which is honestly mental.
They’re totally different players

3KDré

Definitely hasn't been helped by injuries but yeah it's not looking good.

Reckon he goes if we get embarrassed at Anfield?
Nope. I doubt he goes until Ratcliffe comes in. If he does, it will be after Villa earliest.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Right so you wouldn't put any of our XI tonight in their XI? If I've got that wrong just list the players.
I think you could make an argument for Dalot/AWB over Mazraoui, Maguire on current form or Varane over Upamecano, Shaw over Davies, as I think Shaw is better on the ball but not as athletic, and Bruno. I don't rate Goretzka either, so maybe Amrabat (about same level) or Mainoo ahead of him. But like I said, worse teams than us have got a result against them. I reckon they'll get soundly beaten by one of the other PL teams or Real eventually, unless they improve a lot.

peridigm

And?

There's no tactical thought in him playing from the start. It leaves us desperately wide open in midfield and crowded up front.

Amrabat and Mainoo should be our starting midfield, which allows Bruno to feed the wingers or Højlund.

McTominay should be thrown on when we are chasing a goal.

It's just plain dumb to keep persisting with him at this point.
McTominay is more in form than any player you mentioned. I agree, Mainoo should probably get more changes but ETH is hanging on by a thread and he's not going to risk it all on an 18 year old. Bruno needs a sit down. He can feed all he wants. The forwards are not going to score. No goals in the PL from Hojlund or Antony. I get that fans want to take their frustrations out on someone but I think you're all being harsh on McTominay. The problem is, we have too many problems that won't be solved by substituting this player for that player.
There are 11 players out there and on any given day, 4-5 go missing or they start great for 15 minutes then shit the bed until the 85' minute when they start playing again. That is the tiring part.

Woziak

Yeh Ter Stagen plays for Barcelona try Manuel Neuer, even at 37 he’s light years from Onana!