Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 331 42.4%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 450 57.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Valencia Shin Crosses

There always seems to be this heated debate when the team goes to shit on whether it’s the players or the manager when the truth is clearly that it’s both. We’ve recruited poorly but we’ve also kept around a lot of players that have been through 2 or 3+ regimes while not being good enough. There’s no point in keeping squad continuity when the continuity has just been repeated disappointment.

NK86

Non-threatening? That's not true. We had a clear cut chance in the first half and got into West Ham's final third plenty of times. Despite how poor our attacking players were, Moyes wouldn't have been happy about that.
We had one chance all game and when we got into their third, we did diddly squat. How can anyone not see the clear resemblance to how we were under LVG. Hoping for the attackers to pull something out of their ass and not coach any patterns.

r0663664

Worships Man City
The entire point of the article was about the dereliction of duty by the Glazers and John Murtough. There's not a manager in world football that would ever be given that amount of money to spend on his own targets. They don't know every player that could suit their desired system and defer to the scouts and Director of Football. Every other club has an expert recruitment and scouting structure to identify the areas we're weak in and to shortlist the best targets. We have none of that.

Any manager we appoint will eventually fail if we keep doing what we're doing.
I think there are managers who knows which players are suitable for EPL. Unfortunately ETH is not one of them.

Erik could have bought better or not buy
I've lost faith in him. Said last week he stumbled upon a workable midfield only because Bruno got suspended. With Bruno back, he returns to the shitty midfield setup he's gone with the whole season.
Agree. Shitty manager thinking the same team who hasn't score in 5 games will score. He has himself to blame to assemble this team together.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I'm actually struggling to understand what truly went wrong.
The appointment.

It was staring us in the face, a lot of "he played this at Go Ahead, this at Bayern 2, this at Utrecht, this at Ajax" pointed to a coach with no fixed style who would rely on pragmatism and organisation over a fixed style of play.

He then told on himself more obviously with the whole "I don't have the players to do Ajax football" post match interview and still people believe he is going to turn it around. He just needs another half billion of players.

cyberman

Yes given most of last seasons better players have been missing all season. Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro etc
So why has he changed from the formation he used last season to this new style that isn’t working and hasn’t worked for half a season now?
And why wouldn’t those players suffer the same way the starters we do have are suffering now?
None of those are attackers and that’s where we’re suffering, it’s not really an excuse.

Cantonagotmehere

Ineos will probably sack him. I don't think it will matter at all over the near term, but I assume they will now use him to make a statement about intent too.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The appointment.

It was staring us in the face, a lot of "he played this at Go Ahead, this at Bayern 2, this at Utrecht, this at Ajax" pointed to a coach with no fixed style who would rely on pragmatism and organisation over a fixed style of play.

He then told on himself more obviously with the whole "I don't have the players to do Ajax football" post match interview and still people believe he is going to turn it around. He just needs another half billion of players.
Only to get rid of the "this is not his team" excuse.

Walters_19_MuFc

We had one chance all game and when we got into their third, we did diddly squat. How can anyone not see the clear resemblance to how we were under LVG. Hoping for the attackers to pull something out of their ass and not coach any patterns.
I'm just going off what you said. You said we got into non-threatening positions which I disagreed with. I do; however, agree that we did very little when we got to the final third, which goes back to my original point of our attacking players not being good enough to create something out of nothing.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Garnacho Hojlund Antony is a back up/third choice front line for any big club at best
Looking down the league i think i'd take every team's front 3 over those apart from:
Luton
Burnley
Forest
Palace
Everton
Sheff Utd
Maybe Fulham

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Ooh you're hard using all caps.
As ETH, that's what you want to see :D.

Remove Rashford, and Garnacho both 'academy' players who did cost nothing.
ETH attacking players signed to this club either through paying loan money or transfer fees have scored FOUR (4 ) LEAGUE goals since he was appointed the manager in July 2022.

Antony has 4 league goals.
Wout has 0 league goals.
Hojlund has 0 league goals.

In more recent times, Antony and Hojlund with an estimated cost of over 160m, bought under his watch, have ZERO GOALS or Assists this season in the league and it's Christmas.

mu4c_20le

Crazy how he had Antony and Kudus in the same squad and thought Antony was better.
If not for Licha, he almost ruined us harder than lvg in the transfer market. And ironically that was only because lvg blocked the Timber move and he ended up with his second choice.

Castia

Who replaces him?
The season is done anyway we’re in free fall it could be anyone until the summer.

Id give it Ruud personally on a 6 month deal. Let INEOS put in place a new footballing setup with a plan to hire a manager in the summer.

We can’t carry on like this

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If not for Licha, he almost ruined us harder than lvg in the transfer market. And ironically that was only because lvg blocked the Timber move and he ended up with his second choice.
I blame the Brazil manager and the Denmark manager because they didn't block Antony and Hojlund moves.

acnumber9

We do the same thing every single game, it never works, and then we just do it again anyway. Zero lessons are learned from mistakes and he’s the worst in game manager I’ve seen at the club. The only upside to keeping him is to make the point that the players shouldn’t get away with it. The only problem with that being that we send the message that it is alright for the manager to be an idiot.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So why has he changed from the formation he used last season to this new style that isn’t working and hasn’t worked for half a season now?
And why wouldn’t those players suffer the same way the starters we do have are suffering now?
None of those are attackers and that’s where we’re suffering, it’s not really an excuse.
1. We have not really changed the formation that much

2. We struggled a lot last season when the same players were out.

Out attack last season was lacklustre we had negative goal difference for the majority of the season and only an inform Rashford was a saving grace.

Seems to me you are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this formation tweak which isnt really a big issue because we played with the same setup plenty of times last season.

Last season though we knew the attack was a major issue and we didnt do enough in the summer to fix it.

Hughie77

He bought Antony , Hojlund Onana, fecking Mount.. have any of these been any good?.

Rashford has been so poor, Garnacho is getting in before him and that says it all how poor and regressed Rashford has gone, imo he doesn't give a shit either..

Hojlund fair buy, he's not what was needed, a out and out Striker was needed Mount not needed Onana imo wasn't either can't take to him , but of late been better..

Eth has to sort this mess out he created some of it...

Josep Dowling

This is where I’m getting frustrated with Ten Hag. He’s redone his tactics compared to last season which simply aren’t working yet he keeps persisting with it, exactly the same as Mourinho, Van Gaal and Ole did. We are playing with one midfielder at present which is Mainoo. McTominay is taking a false 9 position. Bruno is every where and hasn’t been great for some time. Why not go back to 4-3-3 and drop Bruno for a game. His system over one player? Antony has been awful since he came back, why not start Pellistri or put Bruno on the right so we have a solid midfield 3. We need to win the ball back in midfield quicker and give it to the forward players.

I refuse to believe the manager cannot get more from these players.

Rista

He should never have got the job in the first place. He's 53 years old and has three Dutch league titles with Ajax to show for his entire career.
He was a decent choice. The type of a manager it's worth giving a chance to. Sadly it hasn't worked out, he's completely out of his depth. We just need to accept that and stop with the excuses. -5 goal difference after half a season, 18 goals scored in 18 league games. Literal relegation attack form FFS. We're actually super lucky to be in this table position where we are now.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The writing is on the wall, isn't it? Only the wall extends way past the horizon and Glazer and Ratcliffe are still discussing what cement to use.