Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 564 53.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 482 46.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Mepp

You could see clearly how Ange was able to get the ball up the field with his players. Ten Hag has no clue how to create chances for his forwards. Just hope and prayers

El Zoido

He’ll be sacked in the summer. No point in binning him now but I can’t see any way he stays in the job. The football is dreadful.

BabySinclair

I was no supporter of Solskjaer as our coach but wow at least his team had more exciting matches than this team under Ten Hag.....nothing is good under him :boring:

Revan

Assumptionman
The main issue I have with Ten Hag is that, fundamentally, we are no different than we were under Mourinho. We're at our best when we play on the counter or have room in behind. The team is no better at creating opportunities than it has been at any time since around 2016. At times Ten Hag's fingerprints can be seen in how we play. However, after 18 months you'd expect us to look better. I accept there are mitigating factors: The club has retained a lot of players who simply cannot play possession football. And yet...
Completely disagree. This team does not look anything like Moruinho's. We were far better in everything with Mourinho.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’ll be sacked in the summer. No point in binning him now but I can’t see any way he stays in the job. The football is dreadful.
There is a point in binning him. Why not try something and maybe save something from this season? Top 4 is gettable

mu4c_20le

Watching the highlights again, the strategy today especially in the second half seemed to be punt it long and then hope the front three figure it out

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There is a point in binning him. Why not try something and maybe save something from this season? Top 4 is gettable
Might yet be top 5 if the European rankings rejig as the tournaments progress?

OmarUnited4ever

It seems that he can't coach these players how to hold on the ball a little longer, Spurs pressed and left plenty of space and had we controlled the ball a bit better we could have smashed them, they are missing 4/5 starting players in midfield and attack and yet they dominated the game !!!!!

flameinthesun

What I will say is these tactics are very risky from Ten Hag. Having us spread so far out both width wise as well as length wise with the attackers pressing so high but the defence hanging back it really leaves acres of space open for good teams to play through or run through as our press, despite the stats saying is good, is still not that great. Add to that the clear instructions to instantly look for the killer pass on a turnover we very rarely have control of games. I reckon with Martinez now back we will have a bit more aggressive defensive line which may shorten that vertical length but at the moment and throughout the season we are just ending up with people isolated all over the place. This then ends up with the winger having to take on 2 defenders, the midfield not really having options, the defence not really having options and the striker just up there on his own. Ten Hag is really going to need to figure out a way to get this tactic working, not just from a winning perspective but also from an aesthetic perspective as playing on the counter which is what it looks like when spamming killer passses is not a good look. I'm not really a fan of having the team spread out so much and disconnected as I expect United to be dominant on the ball but I'm hoping Ten Hag can show me something during the rest of the season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Youd swear it was Conte managing us today. :lol:

Cannot see this lasting much longer. Mind you he was hired to play the football Spurs are playing, but instead is playing counter attacking football.

kaku06

Sack the fraud cnut honestly. I was holding on for sometime but today i have lost all faith in him. A spurs side missing four of their best players and they still dominate us at HOME. We look like a pathetic league 2 side against everyone. Fecking get rid of this bluffer. I’m so vexed right now. If I could attain power of invisibility right now, the first thing I would do is to slap the shit out of this bald cnut asking questions about all the dumb shit he’s doing and before he could answer I would slap him again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
At home, against an injury depleted Spurs side we had 40 % possession. Feck it, that's embarrassing however way you put it.

Been a huge fan of him but this is getting worse.

Roux

He's too slow to react - Eriksen/Mainoo were toast after 60mins, he should have made changes.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shocking performance and set up, Spurs are fecked with injuries more than us and we were terrible once again. Bringing Mctominay when we had no control whatsoever pretty much showed once again he has no clue what he is doing.

Also pressing them high and conceeding that goal was pretty much what Spurs wanted us to do all day.

Btw Rashford goal today perfectly showed why we are so shit, absolutely no passing plan whatsoever, doing random things and hope someone will make a mistake after which we will do so.ethi g indicidiually and score. Same for the first goal too tbf.

Bobski

Hoof and rush shite into the channels. Nothing on the pitch to suggest he is doing a good job coaching these players.

Roboc7

We look no different than we did under Moyes. Spurs are an example of manager having a clear plan and method and sticking to it even with a number of players missing. We’re still a sit back and try and hit on the counter and not a lot else, any other plan was abandoned a long time ago.

Castia

Top 4 is completely gone and out of the CL by Xmas it’s been a complete disaster honestly

A negative goal difference, How many losses this season about 15? What a joke.

PoTMS

Of course there is. God forbid winning something or getting top 5, do you wanna watch this shite for the rest of the season? Also, why have we no succession plans in place? The writings been on the wall for a while with the Pep Guardiola is my idol. Waiting until the summer is a waste of time and a load of bullshit, just like our transfer windows. It's as if suddenly we will have all our ducks in order once it's July.

El Zoido

We need to stop making decisions to chase top 4, forget it. There isn’t a suitable manager available right now, and SJR deal isn’t even finalised. Let’s use the rest of the season to get the DOF and other high level personnel in place so we can bring the right manager in that fits the direction of the club, instead of panic replacing Ten Hag just to try and get top 4.

Blood Mage

Hard to believe that Ratcliffe watched that shite today and thinks we have a future under this guy. We must be looking at other managers behind the scenes surely?

Woodenlung

Completely disagree. This team does not look anything like Moruinho's. We were far better in everything with Mourinho.
We weren't. The football was essentially the same as it is now, but he was even more cowardly. His football heritage press conference remains the lowest point I've ever had as a United fan.

wolvored

I would take Potter over him now. Anyone with a bit of nous could get the team to play better than this.
Why didnt he play Antony LW when he came on because he has been woeful all season on the right? Why bring do very little Mctom on? Why not bring Casemiro on like he brought Martinez on? Why doesnt he make Rashford track back? Why doesnt he drop Bruno who hasnt played well for a while now? Could go on and on with his poor decisions.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We look no different than we did under Moyes. Spurs are an example of manager having a clear plan and method and sticking to it even with a number of players missing. We’re still a sit back and try and hit on the counter and not a lot else, any other plan was abandoned a long time ago.
We look worse than under Moyes

Skills

Snitch

At home, 36% possession.

I hope our 70k enjoyed going to watch Tottenham play football though

Chairman Steve

I will be shocked if he’s still manager come 1st June. He’ll be relieved of his duties the moment the final whistle goes last game of the season in May and currently he can have zero complaints if that happened.

It’s not all down to him but he’s part of it. There’s some players with horrible attitudes below him and senior officials with gross incompetence over him.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hard to believe that Ratcliffe watched that shite today and thinks we have a future under this guy. We must be looking at other managers behind the scenes surely?
There has been no quotes that he says we have a future with him, unless I missed it? He was apparently shaking his head at the end.

Ludens the Red

He’s the worse manager we’ve had since Moyes. All things considered. He got a trophy ahead of Ole but honestly we have never been this bad before at literally everything. There is absolutely nothing that we do good, nothing.
How can you spend this much money to look this bad week in week out.
Never ever listen to this forum when it comes to managers. They are absolutely fecking clueless.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not sure we’ve ever had shit on a stick served up this consistently to be honest.

sdb4884

He’s the worse manager we’ve had since Moyes. All things considered. He got a trophy ahead of Ole but honestly we have never been this bad before at literally everything. There is absolutely nothing that we do good, nothing.
How can you spend this much money to look this bad week in week out.
Never ever listen to this forum when it comes to managers. They are absolutely fecking clueless.
Have to agree, fair to say Ole & Ten Hag got by on individual talent alone both have no idea about tactics or anything.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hasnt Newcastle and Utd finishing bottom of their groups negated this now?
No, because Brighton, West ham, Liverpool, city, arsenal are all in Europe. If they progress better than Italian and German teams I think it is, they can still salvage that 5th qualification.