Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 433 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 463 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
8 points of top 4 with 12 to play.

0 GD.

Standards have fallen off a cliff.
Its a massive issue and one of the first things that needs to be addressed. The club, and crucially, the support are in a malaise.

So many here still making excuses for him. It has been an absolutely terrible season. The worst since Ferguson retired. There are no excuses big enough for how poor it’s been.

He absolutely needs to go, and Rashford should be sold as a statement of intent. He isn’t good enough and doesn’t fight for the shirt and the players need to see him going and realize the era of “whatever” is well and truly over.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I don't mind losing but at least play with a good build up play and system. Can't stand this chaotic football

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doesn't know how to set up team defence, it's painfully obvious. So many gaps throughout, so much space between each line for opposition to just run through.. nothing new though. Same shit we see every week. Just sometimes our attacking players are more on it and opposition players don't take their chances so we get bailed out. We haven't had a single complete, competent performance this season. Can't blame it all on injuries every week. Others get them too.

Jev

I'm afraid we've gone backwards under Ten Hag. Poor signings in the main, general lack of any ideas on the pitch, strange selections before and during the match. I can't see Jim Ratcliffe putting up with this for much longer.
Oh, overall we’ve absolutely gone backwards, especially due to terrible recruitment. I mean lately with the run of results.

Woziak

ETH being shit doesn't really vindicate Ole. Neither are the required standard for where we aspire to be.
I was never Ole Out but I wanted a more experienced manager but right now id sack ETH tonight and ask Ole back for the last 13-14 games of the season. I’m fed up with this brand of football especially at old Trafford.

Bobski

Our structure is absurd, even with his full team, and this recent run of wins had a lot of missed sitters by the opposition to be thankful for.

redshaw

Busted squad and manager.

Look at how fit the Fulham players are to ease back into a lead in the 97th minute.

Squad and fitness needs to be addressed once ETH is gone. We take on too many old knackered players, have so many young lightweights in years gone by that can't hold their own in a senior match. We flog our 3-4 good players so they can't play anymore and have others gone MIA for months.

There is very little for a new manager to work with, it's been a clusterfeck by ETH and the club to assemble such a flawed squad. It's like an old peoples home, a hospital ward of injured and depressed and a creche to turn to while costing the most in football to run. Utterly diabolical.

Last edited:

EI Beatle

Any Manchester United manager that gains 10 Defeats in the League (not even ended yet) needs the boot.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If Ole was just vibes football, what the hell is this shite?

sepulturite

I love the fact that when everyone is trying to say that certain phrase on here it's coming up as Pep Guardiola is my idol :lol:

SB16

Dominated in pretty much every game we've played this season. Another lucky win would have just papered over the cracks further - needs to be let go, it's clear he is unsuitable for the job.

vanrooney

Based on what we have heard from Sir Jim this week, I get the feeling Erik isn't for him, and I can see him being moved on. Even more so if we don't get top 4, which is highly likely.
what did you interprete this way. He was more defending the manager and also the past managers as he sees the missing structure as the most important negativ factor. I would say eth is save as long as he gets CL. That may be too much though

Dannn411

So who do you think we take the punt on?

Not any top coaches around.

Julian Nagelsman maybe?

One thing's for sure with how we play football it'd be nuts to keep ETH.
I wouldn't touch Nagelsmann with a barge pole either as the Bayern regression accelerated under him. My ideal pick for next coach is Simeone Inzaghi at Inter but its going to take Heaven and Earth to convince him to leave what he has created at Inter.

theatreofdreams777

When he's finally sacked, he'll be leaving behind an awful squad after spending a fortune just like Ole did.

Waste of time and money.

RoyH1

Needs to go now. A message has to be sent that mediocrity will no longer be tolerated.

GMoore23

Don't panic guys. He just needs every member of the squad available to still play poor football but pick some points at least.

gormless

I think today was the one that finally soured me on him. He had a lot of good will built up in my mind from last season, even though there was always the sneaking suspicion that a lot of that was based on individual brilliance of Rashford and Casemiro.

I think Fulham at home was what made me give up on Moyes as well - the crossing game

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'd have loved for him to succeed here, and still would if there's any chance of INEOS somehow turning the boat around, and I can't really be arsed with the majority of posters in this thread that just go on about how he's bald and signed Antony - but the pile of shit is just too high:
  • We cannot play well or with any intensity for more than 10-20 minute bursts in almost any game.
  • If there are any in-game tactical tweak from the opposition and we almost never have an answer for it.
  • His own subs and in-game tactical changes almost always make us worse, rather than better (in general play, yes sometimes McTominay nicks a goal off the bench).
  • Any kind of adversity and we fold like a pack of cards (any red cards or injuries to key players and we immediately look like a relegation side).
  • Our midfield is wide open and teams just walk through us time and time again, right from the first game of the season against Wolves until now.
  • Related to the last point, Onana is completely exposed and has had to make more saves than anybody but the keepers for the actual dirt worst teams in the league.
  • We're seeing absolutely no attacking benefit from this suicidal setup.

CM

I can't remember another coach being so tactically naive on such a consistent basis here.

bitcoin

I think he’s toast come end of the season.

SJR and SDB won’t stand for being outplayed and dominated by the likes of Fulham and Luton.

TempusFugit

I've lost faith. Clearly not tactically as good as i thought, an average to good manager in Marco Silva just completely embarrassed him. I'll let you find out who he faces next, it's not going to be pretty. Bring me Nagelsmann after the Euros.

Amsterdam Devil

Really bad coaching. Changing the complete front three that worked well the last few games. Why not keep Garnacho on the right, Rashford on the left and let McTominay, Amad or even Anthony run and press in the middle. Rashford can’t press at all and doens’t work from center attack. Totally wrong setup, bad coaching.

BarstoolProphet

Was really hoping he would show that he has turned a corner by actually getting a result with an on paper disjointed team, but it's the hope that kills you. Not expecting anything to change immediately based on this game, other than confirming that he doesn't look the man for us for next season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It was really not that much different to our previous games bar Wolves where we were clearly a level above them for most of the game.

The difference today vs Luton, Villa, even West Ham games is that we were not able to exploit them on a counter, partly because we didn’t have Hojlund and partly because Fulham were more careful.

NK86

feck moaning about the players, the buck stops with the manager. he has to go after that performance. an average Fulham side, missing their best player and they ran rings around us, tactically and physically. literally you could say. and feck moaning about injuries, its clearly about more than just the individuals. and lets not forget this the is then umpteenth horror show under his watch.
Everyone could see we were getting overrun in midfield and he does nothing the whole game to change that.
He is not a tactical coach. He is not even a cheerleader coach. At this stage I don’t even know what his role is supposed to be.

If our senior appointments are any good, he will be sacked the moment the season ends. Diabolical performances most week.

laughtersassassin

I wouldn't touch Nagelsmann with a barge pole either as the Bayern regression accelerated under him. My ideal pick for next coach is Simeone Inzaghi at Inter but its going to take Heaven and Earth to convince him to leave what he has created at Inter.
Think no matter who we go for it's a punt because there is no real obvious choice

jamesjimmybyrondean

Doesn't know how to set up team defence, it's painfully obvious. So many gaps throughout, so much space between each line for opposition to just run through.. nothing new though. Same shit we see every week. Just sometimes our attacking players are more on it and opposition players don't take their chances so we get bailed out. We haven't had a single complete, competent performance this season. Can't blame it all on injuries every week. Others get them too.
This is literally it.

3KDré

feck Ole.

If I have to get someone in right now as an interim and then perhaps more depending on team performances, I say go with Ruud, who built most of the current PSV powerhouse from youth teams to the first team.
Ole is proven to be able to organise a defence. If we want top 4, we can't afford to keep leaking goals.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Lindelof at LB is so obvious a huge mistake. They kept exploiting it. Really not sure why he keep persisting on it.

AneRu

Off the rails since the first game of the season. This result is what Luton could have achieved last week if they had a bit of quality. We are just too fragile and anyone can score against us if they have a bit of belief. Shocking!

Walters_19_MuFc

Prior to today's game, we looked a team quite threatening in the final third. Hojlund was obviously a big part of that and not having him was a big miss, but as a manager, the last thing you do as is move players out of their strongest position and disrupt the flow of those players. That's what ten Hag did today! Don't get me wrong, Rashford and Garnacho are not exactly scoring for fun, but they have looked quite threatening. Ten Hag being ten Hag decided to put Rashford up top, where he was pretty much anonymous, a unproven Forson on the right, and Garnacho on the left, who, although our most threatening player today, has arguably been better on the right.

As for ten Hag, if he is reliant on our whole attack being fit every game in order to produce any decent attacking football, then he's at the wrong club!