Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 432 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 462 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It should be the bare minimum though, that’s my point. We are in a situation where the bare minimum and not getting thrashed or making ludicrous team decisions and tactical errors is being praised/acknowledged.

It’s another loss today, the 17th across all competitions this season. It’s atrocious.
Just fecking enjoy an epic game mate.

astracrazy

So sad people can't enjoy this and instead turn it into how can we dig EtH.

True fans. True fans...

Bobski

Insane set up, but after that who cares for the moment.

We don't play in midweek do we, players will be dead.

Son

We were the better side. Had more going forward than Pool did. Younger squad to some real positives. Amad looked fantastic brilliant little player.

Liverpool couldn’t handle him.

killerboi2

This could kickstart ETH's era here. If this doesn't then he is done. Top 4 is still possible but that won't change that the quality of football has been awful the majority of time.

Dannn411

Nah but what a game. Why can't we play with that spirit all season? That wasn't down to tactics. That was just pure adrenaline driven on by the crowd.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
One clear conclusion from today is that he still clearly has the players willing to fight.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Exactly what I am doing. It doesn’t change anything, but enjoying the moments are so important
Fair play. This is probably the best game I've seen in years and years. So I'm buzzing.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Fair play. This is probably the best game I've seen in years and years. So I'm buzzing.
Me too, it’s easy to lose sight that everyone posting is coming from the same place, just worry and concern for the club. This is great today. One of those moments you never forget.

miliebrowndivorceattorney

I took some notes this game. Despite the obvious differences in players available, LFC favorite, ETH's tactics completly owned them the first 20 minutes. And, in the end, defeated the mighty 23/24 LFC coached by God coach Klopp. Eat that, thank you very much.

After 17 minutes we had 9 high turn overs, 8 attacks total, 8 balls inside LFC box, 3 shots at target of wich one became a goal.

After 65 minutes and 2 goals for LFC I noted the 16th LFC attack vs 13 attacks for United. It was nowhere near what anyone predicted and the game went up and down many times.

The whole game we had several moments where we could score the winner. Bruno is a liability though and when ETH put him much more at the back and gave his space to actual dangerous players like McTominay, our game changed drastically.

On top of that I enjoyed this game to the last second. I never screamed so much at my tv! The big LFC completely beaten, crushed like a bug with our severely handicapped squad. It was a showcase of what a manager can do, and a showcase of how Manchester United should play for the future.

I've said many times what I like about ETH's coaching is that from the first minute we go for the jugular. Many important games we score the all important early goal when under other managers, we either didn't score untill very late or we didn't score at all (LvG for instance). ETH is making is play modern, high energy football. Yes we have problems maintaining our pose and especialy our midfield, our lack of leadership in a weak captain that is Bruno, but still we prevailed and I don't believe for one minute that Ten Hag is out this summer. INEOS would be stark raving mad.

Well done Erik ten Hag, also for putting that a bit overlauded coach Klopp and his boys of wonder. Thank you Erik for another game that had me screaming and jumping up and down like I haven't in many years. Epic, epic win. Great work and keep on going.

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Job saved by a bloke he doesn’t trust :lol: Football is a funny old game.
He’s never taken his chances when he has had a chance, he took it today and then some. He’ll get more chances off the back of this.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
My word, worst player in our history Antony comes on, bangs in a great goal to equalise and goes on to produce amazing performance.
ETH leads the team to one of the most epic wins over Liverpool in Manchester United's history.

We won't be hearing from a bunch of posters in this thread in the next few days. :D:D:D

Dan_F

He’s never taken his chances when he has had a chance, he took it today and then some. He’ll get more chances off the back of this.
Helps that he had only been on the pitch 30 minutes. Showed a lot of tenacity today though, finger crossed he doesn’t go the same way as Elanga after the Athletico goal, it reminded me so much of that.

Fts 74

He deserves huge credit for that win he went for it with only 2 defenders on the pitch.
Sensational win

Mike Smalling

Fair play, the team was set up well and motivated, and he found good solutions towards the end with a really mixed bag of options on the bench.

I'd wish we have Casemiro, Martinez and a left back available for the run-in, so we can see a team with more balance.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Who'd have thought the solution to play with no midfield was to play with no defence as well.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Absolutely glorious. Tactical genius to change two CMs into deep quarterbacks.

Every player fighting tooth and nail for him. That’s a United side.