Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 133 32.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 271 67.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I can be happy when we win, you seem to come in here and take aim at people who've had genuine issues with the way we've been setting up every time we win like we're causing the issues or we're rival fans.
In that euphoric moment right after FT you literally went out of your way to try and put a negative spin on it though. It's not what you said but the timing that made you look a bit bitter.

Marcus

This is EtH's Mark Robins moment. Must not waste it as a base to build on and progress upwards using momentum from the current positive vibes all round.

Spoony

The People's President
I'd say the Arsenal 99 semi was greater because of Big Pete's last second penalty save and Giggsy's insane solo and subsequemt celebration. This one is very high up on the list though.

Marcus

I'd say the Arsenal 99 semi was greater because of Big Pete's last second penalty save and Giggsy's insane solo and subsequemt celebration. This one is very high up on the list though.
I guess another difference is that we were also a man down in 99 before the winner. That was truly magnificent. But this game against the scousers is extremely close to being better.

Ludens the Red

The problem maybe very big but the systematic problem isn't to do with the players in forwards areas but in the first phase which I've consistently pointed out for several years. If your GK and CBs are suspect under pressure the opponent's press becomes more effective. And when that happens, you lose control of the game and can't sustain attacks. And i haven't even got to the defending transitions part. So when you as a team lose your best players in the build up phase at the back, then it absolutely has a negative impact on the players upfront for the reasons stated above and pinning teams back becomes a issue.

And I'm not saying I'm always right.

I used Haaland as a example of a player that Martinez has dealt with in a higher line in coordination with his team mates. And the reason I used him as a example was because he's not only physically stronger than Martinez but is also quicker. And Martinez didn't have a big problem against him in a system which shackled him in a high line in coordination with his team mates. Whether he was playing for Dortmund or anyone is irrelevant because we're talking about a player who is blessed with pace and power in abundance and rated as one of the best strikers in the world.

Onana and Hojlund were the priority positions for the summer which I've mentioned on here countless times. And if you read what the tier 1 journos were reporting, then it was one in and one out, and Mount was seen as a player to come in for Fred, who was leaving. Kim Min Jae was the reported Maguire replacement with Todibo another alternative. Amadou Onana and Youssouf Fofana were seen as the replacements for McTominay. Fred left but Maguire and Mctominay refused to leave, so it wasn't a case of prioritising Mount, but rather signing Mount because a midfield slot had opened up with Fred leaving.

You argued with me that we needed more craft and guile in midfield but I told you Mainoo was going to be introduced into the team, to which you, if I'm not mistaken, took a very dim view due to his age. But the kid is full of craft and guile and he's showing it on the pitch.

We weren't great by any means in those games but that's a really small sample size to draw any conclusions from and the season prior where they were both available for large parts is a much better sample size. We still haven't seen Onana, Martinez, Shaw and Kobbie Mainoo together in the team, or maybe we have, I can't remember. But having those players together creates the conditions for a more effective build up phase due to their technical ability on the ball.
Part of the reason we cant sustain attacks is because of how wasteful Rashford and Bruno are on the ball, I dont think that's even something up for debate so that's deffo a player fault even if the system in itself is not conducive to getting the best out of them. They have to shoulder large responsibility for decision making.

Again with Martinez, its just basic physics man. It's not really an argument to be had. If we're playing a high line against Bournemouth and Lewis Cook plays a ball over the top to Dominik Solanke. Solanke is going to out strength and outrun Martinez 99/100 over 50-100 metres because he is bigger, faster and taller than Martinez. Nothing to do with ability, just physics.

I think its pointless getting into a debate about our transfer dealings at this stage. To me though its quite clear its an area the club has failed at miserably for years and ETH is included in that. I wouldn’t trust or believe anything that comes out of press pieces.

I took a dim view in the sense that I felt it wasn’t enough and it was a lot to put on a young kid. I never doubted his ability as I hadnt seen enough of him. He’s brilliant but the fact he’s walked into our midfield and looks about twice the player of anyone else in it, says a lot.

Will we ever see those players together consistently is my concern? Martinez in each of his last three seasons has missed over two months of action, Shaw every other season seems to have massive injury issues. Therefore you may even now have to argue the case that these two need to be replaced as you cant have your supposed best players be missing for half a season.

Martinez got knocked out twice out of three runs? That can‘t be right because Ajax had 18 points in the group phase in 2020.

We weren‘t rubbish against Arsenal and Spurs: we could have won against Arsenal and played a brilliant first half against Spurs. The Wolves game we did suck, I give you that.

Martinez can play a high line brilliantly as he did at Ajax. He‘s proactive, which is missing from our current cb‘s. They are more comfortable sitting back.

I supported keeping DeGea on lower wages prioritizing other positions, but am so glad he‘s gone. Onana is so much better.

It is true we haven‘t seen his best ball playing yet, but we will. With DeGea it would not even be possible as we have seen last season. Playing out the back is a huge part of our strategy this year. When we play a higher line more consistently you will start seeing the best version of Onana.
Yeah so that was the year they didn't get knocked out the group stage.... I said 2/3 they did get knocked out.... I don't recall any of those games being good performances to be honest. Granted Spurs and Arsenal werent as bad as Wolves but the Arsenal game you basically saw the winner coming from about the 70th minute. We couldnt keep the ball, looked nervous and just kept letting arsenal attack us over and over. I guess taking into account how good Spurs have been this year that first half against them was ok but the second half was terrible.

You're making a fatal mistake there with the Martinez comment, in that you're using what he did at Ajax as a barometer. You can almost completely ignore that. He is playing against forward players on a different stratosphere to that which he played at in the Dutch league. He would be exposed like you wouldn't believe in this league, again through no fault of his own, just pure physics. See Solanke above…

I agree De Gea had to go and other than the manner of letting him go I had zero issue with it. I just don't think signing Onana for that cost should have taken priority over other positions. Spurs managed to find an arguably better keeper at a third of the price.

It was an Onana long pass that created the goal, the all important first goal against City. He has evidently been a major part of playing out the back and bar the occassional miss pass(vs the many misses early in the season) has come leaps and bounds. The defence trusts him and there is a good understanding there the last few months. Also became a good reliable shot stopper. Defense wise we are in the top 4 and that is also because of him. Against LFC I counted 4 crucial saves in the first 60 minutes alone. Speaking for myself, I also looked forward with confidence to any penalty shoot out with LFC if it came to that with him vs that LFC goalkeeper.

I was like you the first few months for sure, but either ETH is a good manager that knows how to build confidence and get him back to star quality that he was at Ajax, or maybe he simply really is a good player. (Probably a bit of both.) But Onana atm, not a major impact in our play is simply not true.
You're massively overstating his impact on our ability to play out from the back. He's obviously better at it than De Gea and he has got better as the season has gone on (his shot stopping included) but it is absolutely nowhere near a level where you can say it's made a significant difference to our play and that's not to put the fault at his feet but he can only do so much if there's crap in front of him or a poorly executed system in front of him. Last season we had the third best joint defensive record also so you saying " we're top 4" isn't really an improvement. We're on course to concede more goals and score less goals this season than last so I'm confused as to which metric you've analysed to be able to quantify this "major impact" he's had on us.

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I guess another difference is that we were also a man down in 99 before the winner. That was truly magnificent. But this game against the scousers is extremely close to being better.
Not a chance. I’m not down playing beating Liverpool in a cup quarter final but their team is also a bit shit these days and not what it was a few years ago.
That arsenal game was something else

Zed 101

This thread is toxic beyond belief. Dear God, it's never going to get any better, is it? If we win FA cup and get top 4, we'll be reading all summer how our standarts have dropped, how this is not nearly enough and how Eric should get sacked immediately.
Pure arsewater!

I am not sure why you think that people should not have a view of how our team is performing based on a number of factors, I am assuming you say it is toxic because some opinions do not match your own.

We could win the FA cup and finish top 4 and play horrendously or be brilliant, it is at the very least worth discussing, however I doubt very much that we will do either.

There seems to be a significant rift between those in the ETH camp and those who have serious doubts, but are we not allowed to voice those opinions? yes it would be nice if from time to time people accepted that people are allowed to have differing opinions and just let it go at that instead of fruitlessly trying to convert the unconvertable, it would also be nice if people understood the difference between opinion and fact, but that aside what is the point of a forum if it is not to encourage discourse? it would be a very boring place if we were all sat around agreeing with each other.

Chumpsbechumps

The 99 season was packed with crazy moments. Our entire CL campaign, outside of Brondby games, was asses to the wall dramatic.

Id say nothing will ever come close to that season. It really wasn’t just the arsenal game , the whole season was one with such drama I don’t think you could write a better fictional sports story. So many moments when things could of been so different.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The 99 season was packed with crazy moments. Our entire CL campaign, outside of Brondby games, was asses to the wall dramatic.

Id say nothing will ever come close to that season. It really wasn’t just the arsenal game , the whole season was one with such drama I don’t think you could write a better fictional sports story. So many moments when things could of been so different.
Great times and greatest season and matches ever

Getting 75 points and a league cup isnt a very good season. No its not zero perspective.
I mean, it followed a 6th place on 58 points and no trophies for 6 years, so obviously it is.

The same season this time would be a disappointing second season, but as a first season, taking over that clusterfeck, I think you’re in cloud cuckoo land if you don’t realise that was a very good first season as manager.

Chumpsbechumps

Pure arsewater!

I am not sure why you think that people should not have a view of how our team is performing based on a number of factors, I am assuming you say it is toxic because some opinions do not match your own.

We could win the FA cup and finish top 4 and play horrendously or be brilliant, it is at the very least worth discussing, however I doubt very much that we will do either.

There seems to be a significant rift between those in the ETH camp and those who have serious doubts, but are we not allowed to voice those opinions? yes it would be nice if from time to time people accepted that people are allowed to have differing opinions and just let it go at that instead of fruitlessly trying to convert the unconvertable, it would also be nice if people understood the difference between opinion and fact, but that aside what is the point of a forum if it is not to encourage discourse? it would be a very boring place if we were all sat around agreeing with each other.
I have no issue with people who think ETH is good enough and needs to be replaced.

I have an issue with the ones incessantly puking out negative bile regardless of how a game goes. Imagine being beside a fan at the match and all they do is whinge and moan and go on about only the things that are wrong. That’s what some of them are like.

Some of us only have here to enjoy a game with fellow United fans. The amount of times I’m just happy with a win and come on here and people are just whinging is quite remarkable.

After a game like the weekend , you’d of thought we would get a little grace period, to enjoy the game , before these poxy grinches start trying to drag us back down to their misery, but no, we all Apparantly have to put up with their negative sh*t and say nothing cause “free speech man.” F*ck that.

It’s possible to be concerned , enjoy the win and maybe give themselved a few days off being a negative c.*nt, but some of them just love bathing in misery.

It’s ok to vent and give your views, but if you are a pain in the ass, repeating your same negative crap ad nauseam , people can rightly ask you to STFU or just change the record for awhole. We are where we are, it’s not where we want to be and there’s a lot of change coming. Can we not just enjoy the rest of the season and let INEOs make the call at the end of the season without stupid ETH is out of his depth sh*t? He’ll be gone in summer if that’s true.

crossy1686

career ending
In that euphoric moment right after FT you literally went out of your way to try and put a negative spin on it though. It's not what you said but the timing that made you look a bit bitter.
Except I didn't, that's what you wanted to read it as because you we're in here exclaiming that there was literally nothing wrong with anything. I simply reposted a picture that another user had posted about 10 minutes before. It was a great game, one for the ages, an FA cup classic and we're all very happy with the outcome, for the team, and for the manager, but lets not pretend it was some sort of complete performance. It wasn't until Ten Hag's hand was forced and we went deep with a counter that we took control of the game and Liverpool had no answer. Some more of that kind of practical thinking will help him keep his job and help us win more games.

Chumpsbechumps

Great times and greatest season and matches ever
Goosepimples when I think back.

4 draws with Barca/bayern in groups
inter hitting post 600 times at san siro
Keanes header dragging us back against juve
Disallowed goal against arsenal in first semi final that wasn’t offside that led to the famous replay
“Can man United score , they always score”

I mean I’m getting goosebumps just thinking about it. The kind of crazy football we played was organised but closer to Sundays game in that the games were frantic.

Spoony

The People's President

Yeah if that script was shown in Hollywood it'd get thrown out and laughed at for being too unbelievable. That season was fate. Utterly insane

Last edited:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Disallowed goal against arsenal in first semi final that wasn’t offside that led to the famous replay

I mean I’m getting goosebumps just thinking about it. The kind of crazy football we played was organised but closer to Sundays game in that the games were frantic.
Liverpool in the 4th round of the cup too.

Looking at the league fixtures, even the opening day saw us coming from two down to equalise against Leicester in the 90th minute. Obviously a sign of things to come.

How are you not mentioning this Ole moment….

Damn it, Alex beat me to it.

Chumpsbechumps

And losing our entire central midfield for the final. If it was American football , would he like losing your quarterback. But in the Hollywood movie, the player would have something happen to him just before the game. Something earlier in the movie would come back to haunt him , like he cheated on his wife during a rocky patch , made up with her, all was going great and just before the game his wife found out and she accidentally injured his throwing hand in a rage.

Ole would be played by Sean Astin. After being told he was too small to be a striker , ole persists for it to culminate in the winning goal of the biggest cup in the world.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I mean, it followed a 6th place on 58 points and no trophies for 6 years, so obviously it is.

The same season this time would be a disappointing second season, but as a first season, taking over that clusterfeck, I think you’re in cloud cuckoo land if you don’t realise that was a very good first season as manager.
Alright i conceed it was alright. Getting humiliated 7-0 by Liverpool is a historic low though.

Obi Wan

I have no issue with people who think ETH is good enough and needs to be replaced.

I have an issue with the ones incessantly puking out negative bile regardless of how a game goes. Imagine being beside a fan at the match and all they do is whinge and moan and go on about only the things that are wrong. That’s what some of them are like.

Some of us only have here to enjoy a game with fellow United fans. The amount of times I’m just happy with a win and come on here and people are just whinging is quite remarkable.

After a game like the weekend , you’d of thought we would get a little grace period, to enjoy the game , before these poxy grinches start trying to drag us back down to their misery, but no, we all Apparantly have to put up with their negative sh*t and say nothing cause “free speech man.” F*ck that.

It’s possible to be concerned , enjoy the win and maybe give themselved a few days off being a negative c.*nt, but some of them just love bathing in misery.

It’s ok to vent and give your views, but if you are a pain in the ass, repeating your same negative crap ad nauseam , people can rightly ask you to STFU or just change the record for awhole. We are where we are, it’s not where we want to be and there’s a lot of change coming. Can we not just enjoy the rest of the season and let INEOs make the call at the end of the season without stupid ETH is out of his depth sh*t? He’ll be gone in summer if that’s true.
I think this is probably what gives the "pressure of playing for Manchester United" - but the fans dont seem to realise it.

The pressure comes from the fanbase - not the glazers, not a retired SAF, its coming directly from the fans and their sense of deserving only top players and top performances all the time and every time.

You barely see support for players either when they are generally good & producing numbers (for example how many regard that Bruno Fernandes must be sold after every performance) whilst players who struggle to perform in anyway are made complete Meme's by ourfanbase at the first sight possible like in Maguire & Antony.

The support is simply not there. It's felt by the players and in the club as a whole. The fanbase regard themselves as more important than the players themselves because they view themselves as the 'real united' that the players must win over when in reality its the opposite - the players are the real united and all we must give is our support to them to get better and produce.

It's the one aspect Liverpool club has in my opinion - their fanbase put the players above themselves in an almost delusional way by almost overrating yet protecting their players even if they are utter crap & for that you will see players like Origi, Baros, Kuyt nd so many more bang average players perform for them in clutch games.

Chumpsbechumps

@Zlatan 7 watch these and you will defo want to watch the review of the season!!

Two 3-3 Champions league group games against Barca , they are just one of many games in the one season that were unreal for us back then.

Like , imagine these sort of games today, they’d be lauded as one of the best ever and yet they are mostly forgotten cause of our nuts season.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Except I didn't, that's what you wanted to read it as because you we're in here exclaiming that there was literally nothing wrong with anything. I simply reposted a picture that another user had posted about 10 minutes before. It was a great game, one for the ages, an FA cup classic and we're all very happy with the outcome, for the team, and for the manager, but lets not pretend it was some sort of complete performance. It wasn't until Ten Hag's hand was forced and we went deep with a counter that we took control of the game and Liverpool had no answer. Some more of that kind of practical thinking will help him keep his job and help us win more games.
Found a clip of you when Amad scored :wenger:

Zed 101

Yeah but they are not and you are not so kind of a weird analogy

Dude you know you don't have to read every post! censor yourself not everybody else, you see a negative post then skip it, I am happy I have been able to change your world man, must have been hell being forced to read things you didn't want to!

The idea that you think people should not voice their opinion because you don't want to read it, I mean you leave me flabbergasted

As for repetitive views it is objectively the same from both the pro and neg sides of the debate

Have you perhaps considered that those posting negatively (or objectively) in the aftermath of the Liverpool game were doing so in response to the pro ETH movement extoling him as the new messiah following the victory, or even that objective critique of how any match was played is valid, both positive and negative? I mean what you want some inane chat room full of sheep?

stevoc

Sure we beat Liverpool down to 10 men on Sunday as well. :D

NLunited

Part of the reason we cant sustain attacks is because of how wasteful Rashford and Bruno are on the ball, I dont think that's even something up for debate so that's deffo a player fault even if the system in itself is not conducive to getting the best out of them. They have to shoulder large responsibility for decision making.

Again with Martinez, its just basic physics man. It's not really an argument to be had. If we're playing a high line against Bournemouth and Lewis Cook plays a ball over the top to Dominik Solanke. Solanke is going to out strength and outrun Martinez 99/100 over 50-100 metres because he is bigger, faster and taller than Martinez. Nothing to do with ability, just physics.

I think its pointless getting into a debate about our transfer dealings at this stage. To me though its quite clear its an area the club has failed at miserably for years and ETH is included in that. I wouldn’t trust or believe anything that comes out of press pieces.

I took a dim view in the sense that I felt it wasn’t enough and it was a lot to put on a young kid. I never doubted his ability as I hadnt seen enough of him. He’s brilliant but the fact he’s walked into our midfield and looks about twice the player of anyone else in it, says a lot.

Will we ever see those players together consistently is my concern? Martinez in each of his last three seasons has missed over two months of action, Shaw every other season seems to have massive injury issues. Therefore you may even now have to argue the case that these two need to be replaced as you cant have your supposed best players be missing for half a season.

Yeah so that was the year they didn't get knocked out the group stage.... I said 2/3 they did get knocked out.... I don't recall any of those games being good performances to be honest. Granted Spurs and Arsenal werent as bad as Wolves but the Arsenal game you basically saw the winner coming from about the 70th minute. We couldnt keep the ball, looked nervous and just kept letting arsenal attack us over and over. I guess taking into account how good Spurs have been this year that first half against them was ok but the second half was terrible.

You're making a fatal mistake there with the Martinez comment, in that you're using what he did at Ajax as a barometer. You can almost completely ignore that. He is playing against forward players on a different stratosphere to that which he played at in the Dutch league. He would be exposed like you wouldn't believe in this league, again through no fault of his own, just pure physics. See Solanke above…

I agree De Gea had to go and other than the manner of letting him go I had zero issue with it. I just don't think signing Onana for that cost should have taken priority over other positions. Spurs managed to find an arguably better keeper at a third of the price.

You're massively overstating his impact on our ability to play out from the back. He's obviously better at it than De Gea and he has got better as the season has gone on (his shot stopping included) but it is absolutely nowhere near a level where you can say it's made a significant difference to our play and that's not to put the fault at his feet but he can only do so much if there's crap in front of him or a poorly executed system in front of him. Last season we had the third best joint defensive record also so you saying " we're top 4" isn't really an improvement. We're on course to concede more goals and score less goals this season than last so I'm confused as to which metric you've analysed to be able to quantify this "major impact" he's had on us.
I guess Haaland and Vinicius aren‘t strikers you consider as of the level of Solanke :lol: .

We can only dream right now of the performances Ajax had in at least two of the CL campaigns under Ten Hag, on a fraction of the budget. I watched every game so I would know.

Amsterdam Devil

yes best season ever, and a privilege to be old enough to have really enjoyed that season at the time. Amazon is making a new documentary about it I thought?

I liked the part about that season in the Beckman documentary the most of the whole documentary, brought back so many happy memories.

Chumpsbechumps

Yeah but they are not and you are not so kind of a weird analogy

Dude you know you don't have to read every post! censor yourself not everybody else, you see a negative post then skip it, I am happy I have been able to change your world man, must have been hell being forced to read things you didn't want to!

The idea that you think people should not voice their opinion because you don't want to read it, I mean you leave me flabbergasted

As for repetitive views it is objectively the same from both the pro and neg sides of the debate

Have you perhaps considered that those posting negatively (or objectively) in the aftermath of the Liverpool game were doing so in response to the pro ETH movement extoling him as the new messiah following the victory, or even that objective critique of how any match was played is valid, both positive and negative? I mean what you want some inane chat room full of sheep?
There’s nothing weird about the analogy. Why do United fans come here if not to be part of the community? Part of being in a community is having self regulation, that includes telling the negative f**cks to give it a rest.

85% of the time I leave them to it , I stay away from here like alit of other posters. So I won’t apologise for dipping my toes in for a few days. So 85% of the time the whiney gits can go wild, but for the other time I will challange their bullsh*t.

In terms of ETH In/out, there are fans on both sides who are OTT. The fact you only acknowledge ETH in fans (as you call them) confirms your stance on that. But there’s plenty of ETH not sure fans who have to suffer the same bullsh*t from ETH out fans who have zero objectivity and will only argue against him.

Your post also lies a lot. I didn’t say people shouldn’t post their opinion, I said they can take a break from repeating an opinion everyone knows.

Anytime after the Liverpool game on Sunday was not one to go into a “well this changes nothing” type discussion. You can f**k off if you think that’s the time to start dissecting the season critically. If you can’t enjoy that then why bother being a fan. A fan should live for those matches and those moments.

Id say it’s partially an online thing where people enjoy being angry. And not just that, they take a strong position “that player/manager is not good enough” and the only thing they can do is whinge and look for all the negative things to justify their stance.

Im just calling them out. They are gonna keep posting and whining, nothing I say will change them so don’t lie and pretend Im expecting them to change because I posted anything. I’m just venting , kind of like they are, but I will try and move on instead of coming in here and relentlessly whine even when things have gone well.

El Jefe

I understand the praise Ten Hag is getting after United's voctory over the scum but truthfully he has some way to go to convince me that he is the right manager to take us to the next level. The evidence is 8 months of dire football. We are lucky to be even 7th so bad were we in the first half of the season.
It shouldn't be a surprise that so many have popped out with pro ETH posts and even some changing their opinion on him. With how dramatic the last game was, it is totally understandable that some have lost perspective of what has happened this whole season.

The funny thing is even in the Liverpool game we showed the best and the worst of us this season. The main difference was how we went for the win at the end, that was some real SAF level all out attack mode. It's obviously easier to do this in a cup game.

The first half we played some really great stuff but the second half before equalising we were dreadful. Go back to the match thread and everyone to a man was lost at how leggy we looked and how we got destroyed in midfield as has been the case for the whole season. After 90mins, Liverpool still had 22 shots and that's with them taking Salah off earlier and Gakpo being fecking shite.

Again, this was the best win I can remember in years but it reminded me of when we were the best team about and Liverpool were shite and them being game raising cnuts against us. I'm enjoying it for what it is but hardly looking at it as vindication of ETH being good enough, far from.

Kellyiom

I don't think I've properly absorbed it yet, had a Toffee bus driver laughing about it by proxy this morning! Lots of Liverpool fans here and there isn't much of 'it's an irrelevant match' coming from them.

In fact quite a bit of the attitude from both of us that the modern emphasis on stats doesn't really describe that particular game very well. It's very much one to be seen and felt, for those of us old enough to remember, more like a different era.

And that might be the right thing to judge it by; stats over a longer period won't lie but Sunday had spirit. I don't know if that was the result of playing without the shackles of fear or that's what happens when everyone clearly knows the consequences and are driven to excel by that fear, perhaps it's a fine line.

It was the first time I have put Onana's performances into perspective - he is going to be a big net positive.

Scott McT - a great servant to the club, I know the criticism but when the chips are down he won't quit. I might be on a Red high but is this the start of Antony's redemption? Marcus? Could have let his head drop but no, acted like the senior forward. And then we have Amad Diallo, facing a tough task in the shadow of our undoubtedly talented young trio of Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojlund. Now proves he's very capable competition and able to help the core of this team.

Been quite a while since I actually felt this good due to them!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He needs to get huge credit for game management in this game. His best in game
performance by far since he took over.

Zed 101

There’s nothing weird about the analogy. Why do United fans come here if not to be part of the community? Part of being in a community is having self regulation, that includes telling the negative f**cks to give it a rest.

85% of the time I leave them to it , I stay away from here like alit of other posters. So I won’t apologise for dipping my toes in for a few days. So 85% of the time the whiney gits can go wild, but for the other time I will challange their bullsh*t.

In terms of ETH In/out, there are fans on both sides who are OTT. The fact you only acknowledge ETH in fans (as you call them) confirms your stance on that. But there’s plenty of ETH not sure fans who have to suffer the same bullsh*t from ETH out fans who have zero objectivity and will only argue against him.

Your post also lies a lot. I didn’t say people shouldn’t post their opinion, I said they can take a break from repeating an opinion everyone knows.

Anytime after the Liverpool game on Sunday was not one to go into a “well this changes nothing” type discussion. You can f**k off if you think that’s the time to start dissecting the season critically. If you can’t enjoy that then why bother being a fan. A fan should live for those matches and those moments.

Id say it’s partially an online thing where people enjoy being angry. And not just that, they take a strong position “that player/manager is not good enough” and the only thing they can do is whinge and look for all the negative things to justify their stance.

Im just calling them out. They are gonna keep posting and whining, nothing I say will change them so don’t lie and pretend Im expecting them to change because I posted anything. I’m just venting , kind of like they are, but I will try and move on instead of coming in here and relentlessly whine even when things have gone well.
You are tolerance personified "be the way I think you should be or you are in the wrong"

I am happy to live and let live, but in terms of lies you need to look up the definition and re-read what you post

RORY65

He needs to get huge credit for game management in this game. His best in game
performance by far since he took over.
It was actually a major strength of his last year when we went on the run of good results, the performances weren't always great but he had a habit of making changes that impacted the game in a positive manner. Maybe my main issue with him this year is that it's felt like he's had no feel of what's wrong with the team or how to fix it, Sunday was really good in that he was bold in his adjustments and they were pivotal to us getting back into a game that was drifting away for a while.

mav_9me

It shouldn't be a surprise that so many have popped out with pro ETH posts and even some changing their opinion on him. With how dramatic the last game was, it is totally understandable that some have lost perspective of what has happened this whole season.

The funny thing is even in the Liverpool game we showed the best and the worst of us this season. The main difference was how we went for the win at the end, that was some real SAF level all out attack mode. It's obviously easier to do this in a cup game.

The first half we played some really great stuff but the second half before equalising we were dreadful. Go back to the match thread and everyone to a man was lost at how leggy we looked and how we got destroyed in midfield as has been the case for the whole season. After 90mins, Liverpool still had 22 shots and that's with them taking Salah off earlier and Gakpo being fecking shite.

Again, this was the best win I can remember in years but it reminded me of when we were the best team about and Liverpool were shite and them being game raising cnuts against us. I'm enjoying it for what it is but hardly looking at it as vindication of ETH being good enough, far from.
I think that's a very valid point. Honestly it's probably more likely we raised our game against our rivals at home and we revert to our default this season than this marking a change in our form and performances. Time will tell.