Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 536 53.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 474 46.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

LDUred

Van Gaal lost a game 4-0 to MK Dons, in fairness.
Come on mate that was a second string team with Reece James, Saidy Janko, James Wilson, Marnik Vermijl, and Nick Powell. It is not comparable to this game at all.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
“After today’s three goals from Coventry City, Manchester United have conceded 29 goals in 17 games in all competitions in 2024.”

I think conceding the amount of shots we do is becoming an issue. :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Again, if that happens the club is stupid.
The whole point of hiring a head coach after the sporting and technical director is that the manager coaches the team and does not build the squad.
You would think he will be here until end of the season and they will push like mad to get Ashworth in and quick. We have two home games this week, but we are fast running out of players.

SER19

3 finals in 2 seasons. Decent record all things considered.

Awful season though and not enough evidence that we're progressing

Rustyspider13

We have some awful players. AWB has zero technical ability. McT still hits one long pass out of 5 chances. Casemiro and Eriksen play the game at half speed. Rashford has no clue what to do in the attacking third. We have no left footed defenders. Our midfield signing is a crock. Those are his excuses.

But those have been known for quite some time now. If a United manager can't manage to see out a 3-0 lead against Coventry then he doesn't deserve to be here. A manager has to manage. Even if it means just sticking 2 lines of 4 in front of goal for 20 mins to defend a lead, he has to manage. He doesn't adjust mid game. Hell, he hasn't adjusted his suicidal appraoch all season.

Maybe his tactics will work with better, faster, technical players. But he doesn't have them now and he should've changed his tactics to suit the players he has. But he decided to waste an entire season because he won't adjust. I don't think EtH is incompetent like some do on here. But I think he is too stubborn for his own good. I just wish he was stubborn at applying his Ajax style here. At least we'd have something to hang onto. But we have nothing. Just a feeling of dread that we'll get outclassed by City again.

Wing Attack Plan R

It's a results-oriented business. Every manager has excuses, players unavailable, fixture congestion, shit VAR calls, whatever.

Does our football pass the "eye test"? No, it does not.
Does our football show tactical brilliance? No, it does not.
Are we not getting the rub of the green from VAR and refs? Can't blame it on that.
Does he just not have "his" players? We've spent hundreds of millions on Casemiro, Antony, Malacia, Mount, Martinez, Onana, and we're no better than we were last season, and might actually be worse.

I think at even a basic coaching course they could show a video of one of our matches and it would easily be picked apart for being an unworkable, suicidal set up. And when we go further into the match and our players completely lose the midfield and our players look like strangers to each other, it could be used as the textbook example of how not to manage a game, how not to make changes and adjustments on the fly.

Dan_F

He conceded possession and control to a team with nothing to lose and took off his best attacking outlet, keeping on players who weren’t contributing.

He also had amble chance to bring in his own leaders to the squad, and instead, wasted it on players who haven’t contributed. He has been a disaster in every way.
How is putting on Eriksen conceding possession and control? Isn’t that one of his best qualities. I don’t think the players he took off were playing particularly well.

You’re starting a different conversation there. Im not defending his recruitment and nor do I want him here next season. Im just saying that I felt today’s collapse is more to blame on the players. Like it was at Chelsea, Brentford, in the champions league. It’s mental fragility.

stevoc

He’s either highly incompetent or is too stubborn to change a tactic that is running our team into the ground.

Both are cause for dismissal.
Well he's sacrificed a season in Manchester Uniteds history at the altar of persisting with a system that doesn't work, he doesn't know how to implement properly or doesn't have to personnel for or a combination of all 3.

Any way you look at it, it reflects poorly on him as a manager.

Castia

ETH's entire tenure at United has been driven by his calamitous transfers. All of them were his choices and spare Martinez (when healthy) they have all ranged from terrible to mediocre and after spending £355m in two summers, there's simply no defending him after falling from 3rd to 7th.

Also to add to that he obviously wanted Mount as a priority and his idea was to play with Mount and Bruno in front of Casemiro….he's so tactically inept I don’t have a clue what he was thinking it was never going to work so he’s not only blown money but his gameplay is completely out of the window after 2 games

He’s honestly the worst manager we’ve had and the stats back it up

Dannn411

That's not how football works
In this instance that is very much how football works. If you actually think we have any chance in hell against City then I don't know what to tell you. Especially under this clown.

city-puma

No celebrations. Says everything.
You know what, people here will goto the threads to laugh at arse and pool.
As a longtime manutd fan, I am so embarrassed by our season under ETH. I have completely lost even a tiny bit of hope. What’s the point to continue like this for the team and the club overall?!

Malone_Post

“After today’s three goals from Coventry City, Manchester United have conceded 29 goals in 17 games in all competitions in 2024.”

I think conceding the amount of shots we do is becoming an issue. :lol:
Erik doesn’t think it is.

mikeyt

That bloody fool Goldbridge still saying it's the players not the manager. fecking annoying
He's right it is the players, when a team perform badly it's always the players, however the leader of the players takes the fall. ETH must go and in truth it should be by the morning after that.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Wasn't good but where was mr 375 thousand pounds per week, mr McLaren sportscar taking responsibility in the shoot out? What a train wreck this season but the players that should deliver are not there. Bruno an exception, even if I think he should score more but what can you do with this lot. I remain Erik in. Clean out the dressing room.
Oh ffs so sick of this. Where was mister £410m spent on players, mister £173,000 per week manager against a team that is 8th in the Championship. Bloody excuses.

LiamB

We have 0% chance of beating City in a final with this guy,

A change is needed even if that gives us a slim chance.

edgecutter

He needs to go. How anyone can still back him is mental. You're either an opposition fan or you need to get your head checked.

Wing Attack Plan R

Also to add to that he obviously wanted Mount as a priority and his idea was to play with Mount and Bruno in front of Casemiro….he's so tactically inept I don’t have a clue what he was thinking it was never going to work so he’s not only blown money but his gameplay is completely out of the window after 2 games

He’s honestly the worst manager we’ve had and the stats back it up
To be fair, Mount, Bruno, and Casemiro would be formidable in the Eredivisie. Top half of the table, surely.

stevoc

On the bright side we kept Coventry under 20 shots on our goal today.

Rista

That bloody fool Goldbridge still saying it's the players not the manager. fecking annoying
He knows well it's a controversial topic and is using our fanbase's unusual attachment to the manager to generate engagement. He will change his story immediatelly when ETH is sacked.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If you actually want the players dealt with you should also want ten Hag gone, as he's proven himself a pretty terrible judge at this point.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It is in one way, as we were cruising 3-0 and somehow let them back in.

But it's on the manager why we concede 25-30 shots every single game.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't think any other Utd manager would have blown a 3-0 lead against a mid table championship side with 20 minutes left..

Not even moyes or Rangnick.

The constant collapses are an ETH hallmark at this point.

stevoc

He should be sacked, but the problem is that players like Rashford will be given another chance again. So many of these players need binning and they won't with another manager.
I keep asking no one answers. What makes you think Ten Hag would get rid of Rashford?

And besides it won't be his decision alone even if he does stay.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
So we take off a 19 year old kid for a danish international and that causes us to concede 3 goals to a championship team? He’s clearly not taking him off for tactical reasons.

I’m bored of even coming across as defending him because I don’t want him here next season, but this squad, mentally, are as bad as it gets.
I think Mainoo should be rested from time to time, but to be fair, that danish international should only be playing in the 10 position, he shouldn't be a straight swap for a more defensive minded player. It left us with no real cover in front of the defence.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I mean before the game I was probably 80:20 in favour of stay.

Im now probably 70:30 in favour. I’m taking an incredibly dim view of the players from 70mins onwards though.

Antony and Eriksen should be able to keep the ball better.

It’s shocking all over.
I don't care, on the occasion they got forward they had legitimate chances. I think if they had better quality they'd have beat us in normal time today. He needed to find a way of closing the door.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Rashford is guaranteed to be the first name on the team sheet in the FA cup final, you know it. And you know when he is shit, he'll take Garnacho out for Antony.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely on the brink right now.
Not that we will, but even winning the cup probably won't be enough