Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Let him go to Bayern Munich. I think his style of play could work in Bundesliga and Europe like what he did at Eredivisie. The pace, intensity and physicality are very different with PL.
This is probably the first time in my life I’m hoping one of our staff gets poached by another club :lol:
I have a suspicion that if he goes there, he'll take the piss by actually setting them up correctly from the outset, further infuriating supporters here who he once had all the goodwill in the world from.

mu4c_20le

I have a suspicion that if he goes there, he'll take the piss by actually setting them up correctly from the outset, further infuriating supporters here who he once had all the goodwill in the world from.
Bayern are a better team than us but no chance he does better than Tuchel. If they are smart they will just keep him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I hope he goes to Munich, this is a club who are sacking their manager for finishing second in the league whilst still being in the CL. For all the injury excuses ETH finished bottom of the CL group with 4 points in 6 games in the same group where Bayern finished with 16 points. I genuinely think that even after repeated failures we have one of the most supportive fanbases around and other fanbases will destroy him

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Bayern are a better team than us but no chance he does better than Tuchel. If they are smart they will just keep him.
As both parties decided to end that contract in the summer and more or less burned their bridges Bayern can't just keep him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not to mention the amount of shots on our goal each match.
Apparently it doesnt matter.

Btw our GD in 2 seasons combined is 16, It took City, Arsenal just 10 days to accumulate +15 gd this season, shows the gap and how terrible EtH is.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Him going to Bayern is an ultimate win for everyone. He gets a new job instantly, we get a new manager, his doubters get to see him leave and his cultists still get an ‘I told you so’ moment because he moves to a big club (and may get another one down the line if he finishes top 4 or wins a cup with them) plus they get a new club to support. Nobody loses in that scenario, nobody.

E-mal

As I said, we were gassed. 2-0 up but got overrun in the second half. It happens.
Very funny, seeing a game of football last 90min, your excuse is dogshite!
The narrative that they bottled it when in fact they lost to a better team makes it ridiculous

erikcred

Him going to Bayern is an ultimate win for everyone. He gets a new job instantly, we get a new manager, his doubters get to see him leave and his cultists still get an ‘I told you so’ moment because he moves to a big club (and may get another one down the line if he finishes top 4 or wins a cup with them) plus they get a new club to support. Nobody loses in that scenario, nobody.
Bayern.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'd say Bayern lost before. It's absolutely ridiculous how their search for their new manager goes, they turned into a laughingstock and it's pretty clear that whoever joins to become their new manager is at best their forth choice. He will be a lame duck from day one. Every smart or good manager rejected them or at least made clear he's not moving in this summer. It doesn't matter anymore who they sign, as long as they can do it quickly. They are actually already trying to spin the current situation as "by now doors are opening we didn't expect to" (that's a statement Eberl made on the weekend), so it would be a way for them to save face by claiming "in the meantime EtH decided he would be open for a move due to recent developments, which wasn't the case when we started our manager search".

Revan

Assumptionman
Bayern get screwed though. Which I guess is fine.

Also, the problem of cultists is that they will just built a **** around the new manager (it happened for every manager except Rangnick and to a lesser degree LvG).

stevoc

I said since end of Jan so absolutely no point chucking stats around for the whole season. Also winning games by more than one is a useless stat for looking at solely attacking
Yeah you said the end of January, I didnt. I am and have been talking about the season as a whole. Hojlund and Fernandes finding some scoring form hasn't changed the limp and disjointed nature of our attack.

True, which is why I also added in we've only scored 3 or more 7 times for context. Most of our wins have been 1-0 or 2-1 because we're crap at attacking.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
ETH going to bayern and taking Antony along the way would be the greatest moment in history. Not football history, history overall.
Not only you weaken Bayern, but also get rid of a player that otherwise will be very difficult to sell.

erikcred

I'd say Bayern lost before. It's absolutely ridiculous how their search for their new manager goes, they turned into a laughingstock and it's pretty clear that whoever joins to become their new manager is at best their forth choice. He will be a lame duck from day one. Every smart or good manager rejected them or at least made clear he's not moving in this summer. It doesn't matter anymore who they sign, as long as they can do it quickly. They are actually already trying to spin the current situation as "by now doors are opening we didn't expect to" (that's a statement Eberl made on the weekend), so it would be a way for them to save face by claiming "in the meantime EtH decided he would be open for a move due to recent developments, which wasn't the case when we started our manager search".
True. Can't believe they've let it come to that.

Red Regista

I don't think Bayern would want Ten Hag.
Not only did he fail miserably at United in terms of tactics, he also bought the wrong players and couldn't handle difficult players like Sancho or Rashford.

He'd do worse than Nagelsman and Bayern know that. They'd probably bring him back for their reserves, but definitely not the first team.
I think they'd get Mourinho before they get Ten Hag.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So what? I don't care if there are some new faces on board - I'm still not going to assume their competency. They have to actually show it, and if they don't get rid of a manager this poor then it already raises questions.
You did assume their competency already.

crossy1686

career ending
I can see why he would 100% prefer to stay. No excuses at Bayern. If he doesn't win the league there, he's toast. If he goes out of an easy CL group, he's toast.
Why on earth would he prefer to stay? Easy gig, a team heavily weighted compared to other teams in the league, a chance to ‘prove’ his methods work, dead man walking at United. He just wants a payout from United before taking anything else.

Rista

Why on earth would he prefer to stay? Easy gig, a team heavily weighted compared to other teams in the league, a chance to ‘prove’ his methods work, dead man walking at United. He just wants a payout from United before taking anything else.
If ineos somehow do believe in him then that changes everything. He stays here for good money while being expected to "fight for 4th". Hopefully they do have more sense than that...

adkb

I really hope ETH stays, build on next season and then becomes successful. I really hate the posters here acting like he knows shit. Someone suggested that he would go to Bayern and set them up perfectly to take the piss. How messed up are you if you think ETH is purposely tanking this club?

3 managers before him have failed. Good managers mind you. People here want Tuchel cause he is the only one available, but they will call for his head cause he will also have to work with players like Harry, Lindelof and Rashford, Bruno.

Judas

Open to offers
I would love nothing more than him being a success here, I take no glee in how much he's failed. I just don't believe he can turn it around, but I'd love him to, and I don't get why anyone wouldn't, because we all should want the same thing.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bayern get screwed though. Which I guess is fine.

Also, the problem of cultists is that they will just built a **** around the new manager (it happened for every manager except Rangnick and to a lesser degree LvG).
I think some of them will actually go and follow him at Bayern very closely which will move them away from United.

Judas

Open to offers
I think some of them will actually go and follow him at Bayern very closely which will move them away from United.
Has that ever happened? The support for Ten Hag is nowhere near that of say Mourinho. Did Utd fans disappear to support Spurs?

Am I wasting my time responding to another sarcastic Sarni post?

Lyng

Apparently it doesnt matter.

Btw our GD in 2 seasons combined is 16, It took City, Arsenal just 10 days to accumulate +15 gd this season, shows the gap and how terrible EtH is.
It's truly baffling how he still has defenders.
His biggest cheerleader being Goldbridge should tell people everything.

Also it's weird to hear people say stuff "we have been so unlucky with deflected goals". Sure that's just bad luck, not anything to do with our goal being a freaking shooting tent every match

Revan

Assumptionman
Nah. Moyes, Mourinho, and Ole had near as big cults and their **** didn’t go follow them when they left. United has a **** of manager problem, not a **** of EtH problem. You can replace EtH with a literal donkey and a significant percentage of our fanbase would worship it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Nah. Moyes, Mourinho, and Ole had near as big cults and their **** didn’t go follow them when they left. United has a **** of manager problem, not a **** of EtH problem. You can replace EtH with a literal donkey and a significant percentage of our fanbase would worship it.
Don't think thats true, well it's not for me anyway. I wanted Moyes, Ole and Jose out for a while before they cot canned.

Each situation is different. Don't think it's fair to lump them all together as one.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Would be a great deal if we can somehow offload him to Bayern without a pay out.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Don't think thats true, well it's not for me anyway. I wanted Moyes, Ole and Jose out for a while before they cot canned.
And lots of fans didn't want them out, because a United fan stands with the manager, no matter what. That's definitely true.