Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

mikeyt

We've signed some utter garbage in recent years, when Sancho arrived after what he was doing in Dortmund I thought he was the superstar winger we craved for years. He has to be more disappointing than Pogba, Maguire and probably Antony although the jury's out on that one. He cost less than those (not much mind) but he was probably the one I thought was going to be so good for us. It turns out he's JLingz part two.

I really hope we sort this recruitment out. I remember when SAF was in charge he talked a lot about getting to know the person not just the football player before he signed them, we need to get back to that type of mentality when bringing new signings in.

TrueRed79

So, in last 15 days we lost 3 right wingers who cost around 250 mil. I don't know to laugh or cry.
We've had 10 years of this madness since Fergie retired. You can only laugh at this point. Will continue till the Glazers have fecked off.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He doesn't need to issue an apology on IG (he'll probably get flamed for that too by some weirdos)

All he needs to do is prove himself in training and on the pitch when he is selected, then all is well
I was joking as he loves his IG messages. If he does not apologize, there is no way back. And for him to train hard and being reliable is an even bigger question mark

crossy1686

career ending
We've signed some utter garbage in recent years, when Sancho arrived after what he was doing in Dortmund I thought he was the superstar winger we craved for years. He has to be more disappointing than Pogba, Maguire and probably Antony although the jury's out on that one. He cost less than those (not much mind) but he was probably the one I thought was going to be so good for us. It turns out he's JLingz part two.

I really hope we sort this recruitment out. I remember when SAF was in charge he talked a lot about getting to know the person not just the football player before he signed them, we need to get back to that type of mentality when bringing new signings in.
I thought we peaked at Sanchez and Pogba. Then you’ve got Maguire, DVB, Sancho and Martial to follow them, and let’s not rule out Antony or any of Ten Hags signings yet.

Marwood

I know it didn't end well with Lingard but he was always right up there if not top for distance covered and sprints. Nothing like Sancho. Quite the opposite in fact.

stepic

The hope is that Sancho sees this as a chip on his shoulder and comes back roaring with at least some passion but after 3 years of what we've seen, will this actually happen?

He'll probably 'train hard', give a shrug of his shoulders and just perform as he always has, which is on the periphery. So frustrating.

ETH has his fair shame of blame for our tactical set up/ball progression and that obviously hasn't helped the team let alone an individual player but come on Sancho, show something. Even if you're gonna throw your toys out of the pram at least make a big deal out of it rather than a passive aggressive tweet ffs.
Never going to happen

If it was going to happen it would have done when he got back from being sent away last time

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, did you miss the bit where I said he should be punished?

Issuing statements etc what a load of nonsense. Just let the manager handle it instead of having it play out in the media and creating the drama we're now seeing. The club like virtually everything else recently have handled this poorly, bunch of clowns from the top down.

We're now in a situation where we have £200m+ of right wing talent either on loan (fair enough), suspended (or as good as) and training alone and unavailable for selection because this club couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Absolute shit show.
Who has played it out in the media? Sancho? It's been an international break and the media have just been releasing clickbait articles or Sancho leaking stuff. This isn't a one off issue. This isn't an issue that can be solved with a slap on the wrist. Sancho thinks he's being unfairly treated, he thinks he should be playing more. Ten hag is saying he's shit in training and besides that, isn't deserving of more minutes. It's a simple case of the manager and him either agree on his minutes, or if Sancho disagrees, then nothing changes and he's not part of the group. The media stuff is irrelevant, what is relevant is their direct discussion and clearly there was no common ground found, there is no role that they agreed on and it was left in a position where Sancho isn't part of the group until we can sell him.

jem

I thought we peaked at Sanchez and Pogba. Then you’ve got Maguire, DVB, Sancho and Martial to follow them, and let’s not rule out Antony or any of Ten Hags signings yet.
Well Martial was signed before Sanchez and Pogba, and like Pogba, he at least has provided some value. The others have been pure busts.

yeti

Harry Maguire must be delighted people have stopped talking about him for a few mins.

Loftus Road Lad

Supports
QPR
Should have done deeper research in to his personality when scouting him 'why didn't his teammates go to his birthday party'

Dve

Maguire and van de Beek having personality issues?

JediSith

ETH all day. Sancho might be a good lad at heart. But he has professionalism issues which is why City got rid, even at Dortmund he was fined a few times.

His post shows that clearly things that are made to motivate don’t work with him. The club should learn lessons from previous player v manager issues.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Reading some Dortmund forums, this is not coming out of the blue. Apparently there were quite a few disciplinary issues with him back then.

Glorio

You wonder if this talk about squad discipline was the reason he was sent to the Netherlands last season. As it could easily fall under "not mentally or physically prepared".

Hard to tell if it's indeed the end. Even Fergie sent Wayne off to Nike in the United States to train alone and he came back from that.

Suv666

This is a fecking crisis though. Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Antony, Sancho all out. We already had a thin squad, I’m not sure how we’ll cope. Its not looking good brev

Trex

Well Martial was signed before Sanchez and Pogba, and like Pogba, he at least has provided some value. The others have been pure busts.
Martial I remember for his first season he was good and we wouldn't have won the fa cup without his contribution. Pogba also when we won the Europa league (he was one of our better players at least up to Bruno arrival). Not the level we aspire to be but its something. I can't even say Sancho has been better than Dan James.

Trex

This is a fecking crisis though. Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Antony, Sancho all out. We already had a thin squad, I’m not sure how we’ll cope. Its not looking good brev
Sancho being out doesn't change much to be honest. Just an extra body.

crossy1686

career ending
We’re better off with players that will try than players who won’t train or arrive on time. If that means we play the reserves then we play the reserves, that’s what most of us have been asking for anyway.

jem

Martial I remember for his first season he was good and we wouldn't have won the fa cup without his contribution. Pogba also when we won the Europa league (he was one of our better players at least up to Bruno arrival). Not the level we aspire to be but its something. I can't even say Sancho has been better than Dan James.
Martial was also good in the COVID-interrupted season (very good in fact.) It's been all downhill since then though. I honestly don't think Sancho has been any better than Dan James. At least James put a shift in (whilst still making the occasional goal contribution.)

vanderpants

Cool. So he is a massive petulant child as suspected. He is finished here for sure.
It seems that way, he used to be quite cheerful around Carrington but he has been really withdrawn over the past 12 months, little things like walking to the gym on his own and eating alone.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Missed three months of the season last year, nobody noticed. Will it be different this time? Doubt it.

Shouldn't have come to this but you can't cross the boss. Player power at Man Utd must be brought to an end.

manutddjw

Shows the kind of person he is. After the manager did right by him, by allowing our expensive, highly paid player who was supposed to be a key part of the first 11 months away to work on himself, he goes and blasts the manager that did right by him. And by posting the message, he clearly feels he is in the right when his performances was suggest otherwise. Compare that to Rashford, who took his punishment like a man and owned his mistake.

It's scary to think that after talks with the manager, the end result is he is banned from the first team. I'd imagine if he had apologized and asked what he needs to do to impress the manager, the issue would've been dropped and there would be no statement from the club. The club statement sounds like we're trying to control the narrative.

Paul778

We've had 10 years of this madness since Fergie retired. You can only laugh at this point. Will continue till the Glazers have fecked off.
I hate the glazers as much as the next cafe member but I would say this transfer malaise is more on Edwards than the Glazers themselves. The policy of renewing players on massive contracts to protect value has massively backfired. His desire to sign massive names and his statement that we can do things in the transfer market other clubs can only dream of was just idiotic.

I admit the Glazers appointed him but they never had another trusted advisor during that period other than him. They don't know football. Their problem was trusting the wrong people ("their people"?) and not getting a good quality executive leadership in from another club that had proved themselves capable elsewhere. I am pretty sure they are now learning but very slowly. Not sure Muthough/Arnold have ever run a club elsewhere, but they're on an upward trajectory from Woodward only because he was so bad.

Unfortunately we will still be spending income from the next 2-3 years unpicking these contracts to get rid of these guys, part paying these players at other clubs.