EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
@UPIK

Isn't that bad news? :nervous:
Expect it'll only be of marginal difference, was more concerned that Remain voters wouldn't get out in London and apparently that's been reaching over 80%, up by 15-20% on the GE.

GIB IS A LANDSLIDE!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
'mom'? Guessing you're not from Liverpool?

That vote isn't that strange in itself as those already here may see some benefit to leaving.
Maybe but I'd have thought most would choose to remain based on principle.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Even 75% is very high. When reading earlier it seemed most people working at the polling stations estimated 70-80%
Yeah of course, always expected a higher turn out for this one. Stakes are higher, and I think people realize that it's a one time opportunity essentially. By the time this opportunity would come round again the whole landscape will have majorly changed most likely.

I also think social media helps to encourage a high turnout, despite it being responsible for so much of the absolute nonsense being spread.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Farage: whoever wins this battle, we are winning this war

Saying we've got to look forward to Turkey negotiating to join EU next week and third Greek bailout in July

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
He can't control the media's chosen priorities during the campaign and for obvious reasons that's been the Prime Minister. I've had no issue following his interviews and events, if people haven't found them I'd argue they probably don't care enough to now be complaining about his lack of visibility.
A major part of his role is to convince the undecided of the benefits of the Labour movement - it doesn't help if he's just speaking to the echo chamber. He's utterly failed/ing at this to date, and I don't see how this will possibly change considering his approach with the media and skills at presenting a message.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Don't like the sound of Sunderland.

ThierryHenry

Depends what you mean by bad. They were always going to vote Leave, just depends what margin.
Jeremy Vine suggested earlier it was going to be very close, he didn't sound like 60+% was a very likely result based on the early polls... :nervous:

Feck off Farage - blaming a possible remain result on the government getting an extra 2 million voters. Bellend.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He's been an invisible disgrace, if that makes sense.
He has. I can't accept it, given the overwhelming views to remain of those who put him in his position.

NinjaFletch

Marginal Remain expected from Newcastle.

Always preferred them to Sunderland.

ThierryHenry

I'm very worried by the difference between these New/Sun projections compared to their earlier models...