g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Could the EU die now? Will we see a Spexit?
all the noises coming from brussels are they might make an example of us to put of other country's from leaving.

but think the EU is going to struggle, it is already in trouble with so many failing economy's and has to figure out how to deal with its biggest customer leaving the free market.

i think the one thing you can count on is if our economy go down the toilet, the the EU's will too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
All Scottish regions voted remain, thanks again England.
Just push for a second referendum of independence, Scotland will be fast tracked to the EU, the financial services will move from London to Edinburgh. Sorted

We need an rvn

Am I right in thinking it's a bit rich of the UK people to complain about the rise of the Trump in the US of A?
To a degree. As I know, or at least when I was in the states, the US had issues with illegal immigration from Mexico etc. However this isn't on the same scale as what we have in the UK if you compare increase in population/country size. Plus you have a visa scheme for immigration when we have to allow uncontrolled immigration from any country within the EU.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah, just a simple majority will do.

But is is so close that Cameron would be in serious difficulty even with a win.
He has made a total arse of so much recently I can't see how he can survive. But I've said that before and he is still there.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
It's going to be hard to do if our economy is kind of fecked. And some of those Tories included Ian Duncan Smith with his bizarre crocodile tears, highlighting the self-serving, selfish nature of some of these Tories.
Which is why it would be in our interests to decide upon a cross-party position as soon as possible, and outline a basic set of demands. An assured hand and openness on the part of the EU will do much to restore calm to the economy (both ours and Europe's).

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Can I come to wherever you are?
You would be very welcome.

I hope all the smart people leave England and leave the bitter, small minded Daily Mail readers to their global insignificance. England is shit anyway. Fish and chips, pubs, Manchester United, proper chocolate, and Only Fools and Horses repeats aside, it's got feck all to offer. Better food, money, weather and women elsewhere in the world, all with a lower cost of living.

montpelier

Oh well, you seem quite decent bunch of people over here in CE. Wish I'd wandered across to here in happier circumstances.

Had enough of this Ref now.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Which is why it would be in our interests to decide upon a cross-party position as soon as possible, and outline a basic set of demands. An assured hand and openness on the part of the EU will do much to restore calm to the economy (both ours and Europe's).
Considering the utter, utter incompetence of our politicians this probably won't happen. We are in no position to be making demands of the EU - I expect it will, to an extent, be the other way around.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I wish that this was feasible. I sadly think that this won't be the case.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
1/50 1/100 1/50 1/20 1/50 1/100
Bookie odds available right now for a LEAVE win

18/1 16/1 15/1 8/1
Bookie odds available right now for a REMAIN win

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Well I am now claiming my pencil-narrow link to Scottishness through my mother's place of birth and officially switching nationalities.

Independence and Iceland win pls.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
By the looks of it the only union that will probably crumble is Great Britain

Minimalist

Watch the brain drain from Britain accelerate. Monumental decision from people who don't have a clue what they've done.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We're genuinely fecked. I'm speechless.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
UK economics editor - crash in sterling worse than happened during the great recession and Black Wednesday.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Ignorance is bliss. well lets see the plans for making britain great... oh wait there is none.

We need an rvn

But what suggestion is there that leaving the EU will actually influence immigration when it has not led to a decrease in non-EU immigration?
Seriously??? You don't get that we have no control over EU immigration but by leaving we can take control of it by a points based system that is in operation in Canada, Australia, new Zealand etc?