EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I really did not think you guys were crazy enough to actually do it. The US is not the only country where the crazies have taken over.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
By the looks of it the only union that will probably crumble is Great Britain
i disagree don't think this is just gonna bugger up our economy, the EU has to figure out how to deal with its largest customer leaving, and the world has to deal with the 5th largest economy possibly going into meltdown..... this will not just affect the UK!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
UK economics editor - crash in sterling worse than happened during the great recession and Black Wednesday.
Can this not genuinely be reversed? If it's that bad then this is dreadful.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Seriously??? You don't get that we have no control over EU immigration but by leaving we can take control of it by a points based system that is in operation in Canada, Australia, new Zealand etc?
We can do that with non-EU immigration right now. We control it.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I am sad. I never imagined my country would go this way and I don't see how it heals.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I feel a bit like how I did when Fergie retired.

Untied

I hope Carney's statement is basically "feck you, you're all idiots, I'm going to back to Canada

DOTA

We can do that with non-EU immigration right now. We control it.
Your lot have a pretty obvious get out. We are the problem. Remove us, once oil gets back to normality, and you're good.

bri2013

fecking disaster. I would like to extend a big feck you to all the uneducated trolls that voted to leave. Absolute joke. Idiot nation. I'm glad I left. No plans to ever come back now. cnuts.

Drop mic, exit left.
Did you vote to keep us in?

Baxter

Every single Scottish council voted remain. No point in us even being included in any votes.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm off to France on Thursday, how fecked is my pounds-Euros going to be?:lol:

Minimalist

Real backward philosophical step this beyond the political and economical matters.

Essentially saying, we can't hang with the big boys in Europe and work out any issues, so we're going home to reminisce about the good old times.

Oh and God forgive me but feck the over 65s - ungrateful cnuts.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Considering the utter, utter incompetence of our politicians this probably won't happen. We are in no position to be making demands of the EU - I expect it will, to an extent, be the other way around.
I wish that this was feasible. I sadly think that this won't be the case.
Presumably there will be some effort to honour the result in the early stages, but after that they'll be feeding Boris and co rope and adopting a watching brief.

Oo0AahCantona

After I graduated Uni, I moved to Spain and got a job teaching English. Was tough going initially but I ended up managing a hotel at night. After learning Spanish, I moved to LA for a change of scene. I over stayed my visa and married a bartender I met in Vegas. Got my green card and 13 years later I'm still here.

That old chestnut.
Brilliant, so i just need to find myself a tasty canadian chick?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Your lot have a pretty obvious get out. We are the problem. Remove us, once oil gets back to normality, and you're good.
The big argument against that kind of succeeded was economic - it's dead in the water with this at the moment. Shall see if things change.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seriously??? You don't get that we have no control over EU immigration but by leaving we can take control of it by a points based system that is in operation in Canada, Australia, new Zealand etc?

Seriously, you don't get that immigration is not the problem it's made out to be. It's an issue because they know how many stupid people are small minded and racist and its the ideal button to press to get them to act.

"Like this if you hate foreigners." ...has basically just broken our economy and smashed the country's future to peices. It's incredible that people think the government is going to suddenly start making decisions for the people.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The average football fan should know that they can now forget signings like Martial and De Gea. They wouldn't get a work permit at that age and without the caps.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
2 of which have more migration than the UK per 1k people.

You're blinded by bullshit. But there's no point to debate this. The future will tell you how brainwashed you are.

DOTA

I don't think I can put in to words how alienated I feel, after the elections of the last year.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Every single Scottish council voted remain. No point in us even being included in any votes.
I expect Scotland to demand another referendum on their own sovereignty as they are clearly out of kilt with England/Wales.

Maybe Scotland and London can make a new country and leave the rest of the UK to it?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The big argument against that kind of succeeded was economic - it's dead in the water with this at the moment. Shall see if things change.
Independence is/was a decisive issue, but I honestly feel so much better having Nicola Sturgeon as my First Minister than Farage/Boris/Cameron etc. Would be why I want out aside from economical reasons.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Ouch. Although depending how much cash you are taking it's only going to have cost you £20 or £30
Yeah, it's just from Thursday-Tuesday and the majority of my journey (plane tickets, event tickets), is already bought. Should be more of an annoyance than anything else. Might try to find a nice EU woman while I'm older, start a family and never return.:lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
i disagree don't think this is just gonna bugger up our economy, the EU has to figure out how to deal with its largest customer leaving, and the world has to deal with the 5th largest economy possibly going into meltdown..... this will not just affect the UK!
The EU will pass from some rocky time but the benefits of the EU acting like arses with the UK (ie London financial status, reducing the risk of contagion with many other countries leaving etc) will outweigh the benefits of it acting nice. To think that this inevitable recession on both sides of the barricade is going to be triggered by old people who do not work anymore is ridiculous. The Baby boomers had enjoyed a comfortable life with safe jobs and cheap housing and had made sure no else did

I hope team recession will enjoy their day today. They can't blame the EU for the crisis looming on us anymore

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Wow, it just goes to show some of the gloating Dems who keep pointing to 'unfavourable rating for Donald Trump' nonsense. People react to fear and it's showing in the polls in the UK and the US. Education is highly overrated when the instincts take over.