EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Right, off to bed. Best of luck lads, here's hoping ye haven't actually voted to make Nigel fecking Farrage the most influential Brit of the 21st century.

Phil

Thanks for responses all. I meant the relevance of the extreme volatility of the pound now based off each result coming in live and I have learned some stuff.

Now, sleep.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
FINALLY, GOOD NEWS

83% projection for remain in Lewisham

Where was Lewisham in that model? Is the model online anywhere?

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Just thinking about it some more, Farage conceded the results on what was reported to be on the basis of what financial experts told him. He thinks the £ is stronger out of the EU (said it had risen since March when Brexit picked up support) so maybe the fall of the currency mislead him?

Could just be overthinking that though.

Dobba

A leave vote will also show a complete lack of trust in our politicians and frankly who can blame them.
Yeah, giving them more power to feck the vulnerable for a quick cash injection. That'll teach 'em!

They won't know what hit 'em!

Also, lack of trust in politicians? Who do you think will be running the country tomorrow and for the rest of time?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Exactly. Most people acting like the world will end if we leave the EU and there will be years or hardship. Newsflash. People in the UK are already suffering and have been under the current government for years. A leave vote will also show a complete lack of trust in our politicians and frankly who can blame them.
Sorry, you're being ignorant.

Your argument here is with the Government and not the EU. You had your chance to change the Government and you voted in the same one!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
If this happens but Scotland votes to remain I'm hoping for indyref round 2, not like the economics of it could be worse.

Hammerfell

What if Cameron wakes up tomorrow, Leave have won, he marches out of 10 Downing Street and tells us all to go feck ourselves and that we're staying?

A bit like Mike Bassett and four four fecking two.
I'd build a shrine to him in my living room.

Lyricist

This is horrible!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? :(
EU...European Union...that's what this is...who in their right minds would not want a/the European Union???

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If this happens but Scotland votes to remain I'm hoping for indyref round 2, not like the economics of it could be worse.
I still don't think it'll happen, but kind of want it to now. I'm especially pissed at Labour on this, who used to laugh at anyone voting Yes when they suggested we'd even have an EU referendum, nevermind the fact that we could potentially Leave.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Exactly. Most people acting like the world will end if we leave the EU and there will be years or hardship. Newsflash. People in the UK are already suffering and have been under the current government for years. A leave vote will also show a complete lack of trust in our politicians and frankly who can blame them.
Those suffering people are going to have a great time with the impending recession..

ThierryHenry

I still don't think it'll happen, but kind of want it to now. I'm especially pissed at Labour on this, who used to laugh at anyone voting Yes when they suggested we'd even have an EU referendum, nevermind the fact that we could potentially Leave.
Looking more and more clear that the Labour Party is in terminal decline. I don't see where the next generation of working class Labour voters comes from.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Can someone explain to me this whole bit? I haven't followed. However, I have noticed a handful of resident right-wing (US political) FB tards wanting England to leave the EU. This gives me the notion that England should remain, knowing these FB tards collective ideological view.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Same here, I just don't think anyone realised just how politically mind-fecked the English working class are. It's a shame really.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
What if Cameron wakes up tomorrow, Leave have won, he marches out of 10 Downing Street and tells us all to go feck ourselves and that we're staying?

A bit like Mike Bassett and four four fecking two.
:lol:

Reporter: "David, The conservatives don't want you, the public don't want you, we don't want you. It's finished, it's over isn't it."

Cameron: *mumbling* "IF you can keep your head when all about you , Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"
*clearer* If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

England will remain in the European fecking Union

TheReligion

Abusive
Sorry, you're being ignorant.

Your argument here is with the Government and not the EU. You had your chance to change the Government and you voted in the same one!
I voted who sorry? I'm just giving an opinion. Ed Milliband has just echoed it actually.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Reporter: "David, The conservatives don't want you, the public don't want you, we don't want you. It's finished, it's over isn't it."

Cameron: *mumbling* "IF you can keep your head when all about you , Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"
*clearer* If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

England will remain in the European fecking Union

ThierryHenry

Any experts on here want to weigh in on what's happening in the betting markets? You can still get 2.9 on leave in betfair. Are we all exaggerating, or is it more that so much money has already been placed on the market that it's going to take a lot more to significantly move it?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Looking more and more clear that the Labour Party is in terminal decline. I don't see where the next generation of working class Labour voters comes from.
As I've said, I think part of the problem is that Labour has largely ignored any fears that the working class voters have regarding immigration. It's inevitably going to be frustrating for them if they're saying, "I have fears regarding immigration", and they're told, "No you don't." That's unlikely to change for as long as Labour are a more multi-culturalist party. Not that I necessarily agree with what those dissenters are saying, but the Northern results show that Labour's message just isn't resonating in some Labour strongholds that would typically be classified as working class areas.

And it's not just Corbyn, either. This was a major problem in 2015, and I don't see how it's going to change.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
People really like to say that when in reality they mean what's supposedly best for themselves. Doesn't sound so good, though.
isn't everyone just voting what they think is best for them? are you saying you voted in a way that was worse for you?