EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Go on explain why there's going to be a recession? Doesn't even need to be detailed
Because if its Leave then there is going to be mass uncertainty over the several years it takes to negotiate seperation. The economy is already shaky in the aftermath of a weak recovery from the last financial crisis, and this would almost certainly cause it to crash frighteningly hard.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I voted who sorry? I'm just giving an opinion. Ed Milliband has just echoed it actually.
But this is the wrong time to stomp your foot on the floor and have a huff. It's not like a GE when you can fix the mistake 4 years on. If we do leave the EU it will have a lasting effect on the country.

I honestly don't think people understand the importance of this result. They see it as a chance to stick two fingers up to Cameron and the Government.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Drifter

American
You get the feeling with the leave party that they have not really thought this out if they were to win.

Baxter

But this is the wrong time to stomp your foot on the floor and have a huff. It's not like a GE when you can fix the mistake 4 years on. If we do leave the EU it will have a lasting effect on the country.

I honestly don't think people understand the importance of this result. They see it as a chance to stick two fingers up to Cameron and the Government.
Just had a conversation and they said that they're parents voted leave because 'they can't stand Cameron'. fecking mental.

HabeasC

isn't everyone just voting what they think is best for them? are you saying you voted in a way that was worse for you?
Everyone will vote how they think will be best for the country. Whether people really know what that is or whether their interpretation of what is best for the country is in fact better is a different matter.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Swindon less Leave than expected.

Okay, positive news.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Turn out in Scotland was very low apparently. I think we are done here.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You get the feeling with the leave party that they have not really thought this out if they were to win.
Yeah...I mean the fact that Farage basically conceded he wasn't going to win it suggests to me that this was largely a stab in the dark from them.

HabeasC

If we split the country into two - the areas that vote leave and the areas that vote remain.... where would you rather live?

London, Manchester, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, Newcastle

vs

Swindon and Sunderland

NinjaFletch

Nick Robinson confirming voters in Sunderland decided to stick a hand grenade up their nostril to spite their face.

Also Broxbourne's a shit hole and its swimming pool and wave machine are crap.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Everyone will vote how they think will be best for the country. Whether people really know what that is or whether their interpretation of what is best for the country is in fact better is a different matter.
i think the main thing I've learned from this whole mess, as know one has the vaguest idea whats best for the country.