EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The economy and most sectors have finally been improving and well I completely disagree on it crashing hard completely. Uncertainty doesn't automatically turn into recession it causes volatility. Even the devaluation if the currency may see some benefit.

This Leave = Immediate economic ruin is nonsense. There's a good chance it will long term but people shouldn't just be repeating this line as absolute certainty
You want a stable economy Smores when trying to recover from a weak economy. If it becomes volatile then it's enough to cause severe issues.

A stable yet weak economy is at least predictable and allows for forecasting. A volatile and unpredictable economy means you essentially live day by day. It's the uncertainty that causes headaches mate.

Imagine going to a cash point but never knowing how much money you're able to take out of it. Might be high one day and very low the next. Then imagine a cash point that gives you an average amount every day. Which would you think is the better option?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Apparently the Scousers may pull through with 60% Remain. That alright?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Looks like the turnout in Glasgow was very low (about 56%).

Does anyone know what the prediction was for Glasgow?
Remain though the east end of Glasgow is apparently neck and neck. Telling that the east end is by far the biggest shithole (poverty ridden) area in the city. Still no idea why the worse off in society seem to be voting to leave. It'll feck us.

Also no idea why our turnout is always so shite.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
i don't like the way they think people are voting out because of austerity..... we voted to keep austerity when the country(not me) voted the conservatives in a year ago, you think after 6 years instead 5 they everyone is suddenly throwing a paddy about austerity.... seems unlikly

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Her account has to be hacked. She's really invested in this, isn't she?

Minimalist

Genuinely considering moving down south to Rep.Ire if this ends up being 'leave'.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
i don't like the way they think people are voting out because of austerity..... we voted to keep austerity when the country(not me) voted the conservatives in a year ago, you think after 6 years instead 5 they everyone is suddenly throwing a paddy about austerity.... seems unlikly
37% of people voted Tory actually. But that's FPTP for you.

Kettering declare: Remain: 21,030 (39%) & Leave: 32,877 (61%)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Kettering declare:
Remain: 21,030 (39%)
Leave: 32,877 (61%)

Apologies for delay. Sky were too busy talking to Ed Miliband so didn't see the numbers.

Lyricist

I'm off to bed.

Alright UK, nice show. Really convincing, too, you almost got the rest of the world fooled with it. But enough now, lets stop this playacting by tomorrow morning and stick together again like the pals we are!

Sincerely yours,
Europe

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Remain though the east end of Glasgow is apparently neck and neck. Telling that the east end is by far the biggest shithole (poverty ridden) area in the city. Still no idea why the worse off in society seem to be voting to leave. It'll feck us.

Also no idea why our turnout is always so shite.
The people who Brexit will feck the hardest are share holders and people in upper-middle professional jobs. Unskilled workers will in the long run be the ones to benefit. IMhO.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
RIP my savings in ISAs with the pound plummeting.

Thanks working class

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
It's an anti-immigrant and anti-establishment vote, the details of what the vote actually means seem to have been lost.

Manny

Grammar Police
Farage won't have to worry about migration numbers what with everyone emigrating

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
The people who Brexit will feck the hardest are share holders and people in upper-middle professional jobs. Unskilled workers will in the long run be the ones to benefit. IMhO.
It'll feck the entire country. Those you describe are at least well off.

Spark

I'm clinging on to the massive population density of london to help remain out here... 70/30 remain in Wandsworth supposedly.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I've spent quite a few years putting money towards house and seeing the pound plummet against the dollar today breaks my heart.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24

A Remainer and a Tory that i'll continue to respect irrespective of the result.As an individual, she is a rising star in the Commons.

Minimalist

Yeah because the unskilled workers are who drive innovation in the country. Feck me, this is such a depressing state of affair that so many people feel so limited with themselves.

Smores

You want a stable economy Smores when trying to recover from a weak economy. If it becomes volatile then it's enough to cause severe issues.

A stable yet weak economy is at least predictable and allows for forecasting. A volatile and unpredictable economy means you essentially live day by day. It's the uncertainty that causes headaches mate.

Imagine going to a cash point but never knowing how much money you're able to take out of it. Might be high one day and very low the next. Then imagine a cash point that gives you an average amount every day. Which would you think is the better option?
Sorry but you're talking generics and we're not going to see the high inflation that will see the day-to-day you're referencing, if you expect in the short term for this to affect manufacturing through stalled orders then fair enough I don't. Exposure to our financial services isn't particularly worrying either, it's not ideal but it'll survive.

People see volatility in the stock markets and currency markets and immediately assume this will naturally reflect in our industries but that just isn't true.

Long term I have no argument that it will affect our trade. My only argument is against this lazy parroting of fear statements.