EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Really appreciate all those updating. At work in NZ. Saves me looking everywhere.

Tough choice between this thread and Lohans twitter feed though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Leave is winning all over the place and even London can't help Remain now.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm clinging on to the massive population density of london to help remain out here... 70/30 remain in Wandsworth supposedly.
The weather didn't help with the turn out I think. I'm losing hope

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Sorry but you're talking generics and we're not going to see the high inflation that will see the day-to-day you're referencing, if you expect in the short term for this to affect manufacturing through stalled orders then fair enough I don't. Exposure to our financial services isn't particularly worrying either, it's not ideal but it'll survive.

People see volatility in the stock markets and currency markets and immediately assume this will naturally reflect in our industries but that just isn't true.

Long term I have no argument that it will affect our trade. My only argument is against this lazy parroting of fear statements.
Well I disagree Smores.

Ibi Dreams

The trend so far seems to be for leave wins to be a bit stronger than anticipated, and remain wins to be not as strong as anticipated. Still early days but it's not looking good :(

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Tory MPs trying to blame Labour voters, Labour MPs trying to blame Tory mismanagement.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Leave is winning all over the place and even London can't help Remain now.
Leave has won regions it was expected to win but there is still 29 out of 30 million voted to come!

TV shows are just filling in time with fantasy analysis because nothing has happened yet. Have a look at 330 am for the half time score

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Here come the Scotland results to make us feel a little hopeful again

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Tory MPs trying to blame Labour voters, Labour MPs trying to blame Tory mismanagement.
No wonder people are so disillusioned with the current state of affairs considering the two no mark, ineffective main parties.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The trend so far seems to be for leave wins to be a bit stronger than anticipated, and remain wins to be not as strong as anticipated. Still early days but it's not looking good :(
Remain really needs a big win somewhere. I hope Scotland comes through for remain

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
No wonder people are so disillusioned with the current state of affairs considering the two no mark, ineffective main parties.
Both parties really are so far out of touch that it's mindbogglingly disconcerting.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What's the better show BBC or Sky?

BBC seems a bit academic and bookkeeper like. Dimbleby may have gone put his best.

Views?

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It's an anti-immigrant and anti-establishment vote, the details of what the vote actually means seem to have been lost.
i think the point that was made on bbc a minute ago made a lot of sense, the main argument by the remain campaign has been it will destroy the economy if we leave but with so many people struggling to make ends meet, that comes across as laughable argument to people living on very little.

it seems so far that well off people voting in to keep what they've got, and people who have very little are voting for change because they have nothing to lose and just hope for change and feel they have been forgotton and abused..... maybe im been simplistic but that seems to be the case

Grib

People losing their shit over a few thousand counted votes...

montpelier

Austerity has been relabelled & sold as immigration though, innit. Sells quite well, by the looks of it.

And it's totally different from a GE in a number of ways.

Turnout
Local issues - supposed not they say, my mistake to have that at #2 maybe
No Election of Individual
No real personality differential in this - they've ALL been Tory/Establishment
Voting Against something is great - this is more that than a GE is

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
They shouldn't be given one.
We won't be. Wouldn't make sense for us to be offered one in the immediate aftermath. I imagine any Boris-led government would leave it for a while to see if we calm down and the whole thing turns out okay.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I've spent quite a few years putting money towards house and seeing the pound plummet against the dollar today breaks my heart.
im sorry to hear that, i just bought a house last year... get the feeling house prices are gonna crash over then next years, scary times.