EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Surely that's a bad turnout for Dundee then?

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Judging by the currency fluctuations after Leave results come in they may need to start planning on making do with even less.
your probably right..... but kind of shows you what happens if you neglect poor people year after year, offer worse and worse contracts, make them live off less and less then tell them tell them vote in so we can keep our prosperous economy which the don't see.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Been on the Sky one for about 10 minutes. Took digging around to find the numbers on BBC's BBCReferendum twitter account as Sky are useless and are interviewing people instead of showing numbers.
Sorry, I was only joking as I'm going a bit crazy

AshfordLad

People need to calm down a bit. It's still very early in the counting and a lot can happen.

Besides, even if we do leave, it's done then. Nothing we can do about it.
You are unbelievably optimistic, both politics and football.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Bollocks.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
your probably right..... but kind of shows you what happens if you neglect poor people year after year, offer worse and worse contracts, make them live off less and less then tell them tell them vote in so we can keep our prosperous economy which the don't see.
It's a shame people don't seem to understand that things really can always get worse.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I've spent quite a few years putting money towards house and seeing the pound plummet against the dollar today breaks my heart.
What are you saying here?

If you're saving in dollars you should be happy.
If you're saving in pounds you don't need to worry.

Panther

Can I just say well done and thanks to Damien for keeping us up to date and for his good work on his posts tonight.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't see how we're not voting leave at this point - then why are the betting markets still backing remain?

May need to put a £100 bet on exit to settle my nerves.
Presumably reluctant to favour the option we've generally been against until we see more and more samples.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It's a shame people don't seem to understand that things really can always get worse.
no but on the flip side maybe we shouldn't have been so arrogant to tell people who struggling to vote to save an economy they feel they are been punished by

Chris Bryant says 'tosspot' Miliband to blame for state of Labour

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
@Damien

Threadmark from the Guardian?

Chris Bryant says 'tosspot' Miliband to blame for state Labour is in
Labour figures are also attacking each other. Talking to guests at the Stronger In referendum party, Chris Bryant, the shadow leader of the Commons, denounced Ed Miliband when he saw the former party leader being interviewed on TV. He said:

I might go and punch him because he’s a tosspot and he left the party in the state it’s in.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Screw this referendum. The idiots who voted for leave should be treated as such.

Remain regardless.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
That is still higher than the general election though.
Places in the north east were up by 10% or more. Looking more and more like you've got this.

I don't see how we're not voting leave at this point - then why are the betting markets still backing remain?

May need to put a £100 bet on exit to settle my nerves.
NatWest have fecked me out of even cynically making money off depressing news. Same as the 11/12 bloody title.

Dante

Average bang
13 results, and every single one has shown a swing towards leave. Marry that fact to low turnouts in London, and this one is over.

I'm going to bed. The UK won't last much longer and what's left is going to be economically fecked. I'd might as well get one final night's sleep as a citizen of a first world nation.