KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This being the first Leverkusen match I've seen all season:

German football is turd?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I swear that I read this every other week.

Pep has won 24 of the 27 finals he's been involved in.

That's an 88.8% finals record over nearly thirty games.

Where does the overthinking Pep idea stem from, because it sure isn't from the stats.
Just one of those redcafe-things.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
From what I've watched, Leverkusen needs a central striker. They're getting easily stopped by Atalanta
I'm smarter than Xabi Alonso. Maybe I should try my hand at this "football manager" malarkey :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I swear that I read this every other week.

Pep has won 24 of the 27 finals he's been involved in.

That's an 88.8% finals record over nearly thirty games.

Where does the overthinking Pep idea stem from, because it sure isn't from the stats.
Probably from one of his biggest games of his career. A CL final against Chelsea where he dropped his DM. Where as every other game he played. He could and should have 2 CL now with city

Bwuk

Alonso not putting a striker has just let Atalanta press them high up the park with no outlet.

This is like when Pep used to do mental line ups in big games and f*ck it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Alonso overthinking this and it's costing him. There is zero presence in the center and Atalanta are eating up any balls forward. Really need to get either Schick or Boniface in there and Hofmann.

Alonso has rode his luck all season with those comebacks and it's made him arrogant. It's similar to the overthinking Pep used to in his early days at City.

mu4c_20le

Xabi doesn't just want to win, he wants to win in style. This is nothing new.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They have one in Schick. But Alonso has gone in ‘Pep the overthinker’ mode and left him out.
Alonso overthinking this and it's costing him. There is zero presence in the center and Atalanta are eating up any balls forward. Really need to get either Schick or Boniface in there and Hofmann.

Alonso has rode his luck all season with those comebacks and it's made him arrogant. It's similar to the overthinking Pep used to in his early days at City.
Seems like it. Pep did something crazy like this but with a different player in Rodri in a CL final

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm tired, so i don't feel like overthinking much right now.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Atalanta are a good team.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
1 bad half from Leverkusen and people have already started to say that their 51-games undefeated streak is extremely overrated :(

Hoof the ball

There it is again.

24 wins in 27 finals for Pep tells me that the overthinking Pep thing is a myth.

If he is overthinking with a record better than anyone else, then everyone else must be overthinking as much, or more than he does.

askMeNice

Really enjoying the first half as a neutral, neither of them got my sympathy but at least they play football and avoiding to try be divas. We can talk about the quality but it's been a while I saw a match so open in the EL. The second half should be crazy if both of them keep this way of playing, almost no tactics at all I would say. Lovely

Lee565

Gasperini is very underrated, he has done an amazing job with atalanta, not just in terms of achieving ucl and europa league football for atalanta but even the style of football his side plays, it was only a few seasons back that they were right up there as the most exciting attacking sides in europe

mu4c_20le

1 bad half from Leverkusen and people have already started to say that their 51-games undefeated streak is extremely overrated :(
I mean, the entire season will be just mediocre if they lose today. Which is why they won't.

bosskeano

it'll be tough for atalanta to keep up this same level of defensive pressure for a full 90

Marvin look out

Terrific performance from Atalanta so far. I watched them a few times including in the europa league semis and I'm not surprised they're doing well tonight.

Leverkusen can't be counted out though. Alonso needs to make tactical changes.

Lyricist

I think it's actually a case of Atalanta having made Leverkusen look shaky and nervous and it got to them. It's a case of Atalanta having been great. Leverkusen have buckled because Atalanta made them buckle.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
People not giving Atalanta enough credit. Don't like this narrative that Leverkusen have 'messed it up'

Atalanta have been fantastic.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
There it is again.

24 wins in 27 finals for Pep tells me that the overthinking Pep thing is a myth.

If he is overthinking with a record better than anyone else, then everyone else must be overthinking as much, or more than he does.
I think the issue is that one time when everyone understandably wondered what the feck was he thinking.