Europa League Final | Atalanta vs Leverkusen | Match thread

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Watching Leverkusen here makes me think how did they win the league.

marktan

Wirtz has been very poor. I'm very hesistant about signing attacking players from the Bundesliga, because the defences tend to be quite weak and dominant teams can end up giving attackers really inflated output. We made that mistake with Sancho and Wirtz has shown nothing in his game today that makes me think he'd do well in the PL or at Real

Blood Mage

Atalanta are incredibly well coached. If only Gasperini was a few years younger.

marktan

Ederson's been defensively excellent but he's been a bit dodgy on the ball

AfonsoAlves

There were people stating Wirtz is better than Bellingham in the Bellingham thread, which to me is an insane take.

Today shows Wirtz's limitations:

1) When he's not playing well, he loses the ball constantly and just looks really bad. Bellingham and De Bruyne, even when they have bad games, still are excellent at ball retention.

2) Wirtz' has a very limited engine, so when he cannot contribute from an attacking midfield perspective, cannot drop deeper and offer much in defense/screening/ball outlet.

JustinC00

Leverkusen still hung over from their Bundesliga win? looking ahead to the Pokal Saturday? But knowing how they've been they'll score 1 in the 85th minute and 1 in 90+ to send it to extra and win it there.

Wayne's World

Scalvini has been absolutely brilliant tonight.

20 years old and going to be the next Italian star centre-back

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

And to think that Sam Allardyce was angry that Lookman didn't want to stick around and play for him at Everton. What could have been.

Righteous Steps

There were people stating Wirtz is better than Bellingham in the Bellingham thread, which to me is an insane take.

Today shows Wirtz's limitations:

1) When he's not playing well, he loses the ball constantly and just looks really bad. Bellingham and De Bruyne, even when they have bad games, still are excellent at ball retention.

2) Wirtz' has a very limited engine, so when he cannot contribute from an attacking midfield perspective, cannot drop deeper and offer much in defense/screening/ball outlet.
De Bruyne?

marktan

Atlanta seem to have a lot of players that individually are standing out in their roles. Clearly they have an excellent recruitment department.