Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/156913.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

A Liverpool fan has been given a four-year ban from attending Liverpool or England games after being found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra.

Phillip Gannon, 58, was caught on TV cameras making a racially offensive monkey impression towards the Manchester United player, Liverpool Magistrates' Court was told.

The incident occurred during the FA Cup fourth round fixture between the two sides on January 28 this year, amid a hostile atmosphere at Anfield. The game followed an eight match ban handed to Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, who was found guilty of racially abusing Evra.

In the 23rd minute, Gannon was caught by a TV camera panning across the lower Centenary Stand positioning his hands under his armpits. The coverage, broadcast worldwide by ITV, quickly prompted police complaints, the court heard.

Gannon, from Heol Meirion, Barmouth, north Wales, was found guilty of two counts of using abusive or insulting words within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused alarm or distress.

The bench handed down a four-year banning order which stops Gannon from attending Liverpool and England games and also bans him from Liverpool city centre four hours before and after a match.

Gannon was also fined a total £180 and ordered to pay prosecution costs of £300.
How are they ever going to enforce that?

4 years isn't enough, mind.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why not a lifetime ban? Show people it's not tolerated. And how can they actually police the punishment? Not allowed in the centre? Can they police that? Do they know the grounds are just outside the centre? Could he just buy a ticket using a mates name?

Fal

How are they ever going to enforce that?

4 years isn't enough, mind.
I'd imagine in the same way that people in the USA are caught in places they aren't supposed to be due to restraining orders or whatever they are for things like violent crimes. As in, if someone reports you or you get stopped by Police and are identified, you get some "severe" penalties which may include jail time.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Suarez does an interview with Uruguayan TV, Blames United and Evra

On top of that, he says that he had made a commitment both to his wife and to Kenny Dalglish that he WILL shake hands –and he sounds very natural now when he stresses that he had made up his mind and had no problem to shake.

But then he says that “again everything was arranged by the TV”. He suggests something unexpected happened at the moment of the shake. He seems to believe that when he got close to Evra, the Manchester player lowered his hand and he believed Evra did not want to shake.
Did an interview with RR.GOL last night said United influenced the case's outcome and that United 'command the politics of sport in this country'.

A bit of other stuff in there too:
http://thebusbyway.com/2012/07/17/s...d-commands-the-politics-of-sports-in-england/

Crustanoid

It's no coincidence that this comes after JT blatantly getting away with racism. Between three individuals, Dalglish, Suarez and Terry, they have managed to destroy 30 years of progress in addressing racist attitudes and behaviour in the game

acnumber9

So was the 'apology' he issued afterwards as false as it seemed? How anyone, even those as stupid as some Liverpool followers, can trust anything the little rat says is beyond me.

MUFCgal

Did an interview with RR.GOL last night said United influenced the case's outcome and that United 'command the politics of sport in this country'.

A bit of other stuff in there too:
http://thebusbyway.com/2012/07/17/s...d-commands-the-politics-of-sports-in-england/
If that's the case, and Evra did lower his hand (which to be fair, he seemed to do slightly) why didn't Suarez attempt to take his hand like he did with Rio?

If you notice, Rio takes his hand completely away when Suarez gets to him, but Suarez attempted to shake his hand, before realising that Rio wasn't budging. Why not do the same with Evra? It's because the cnut had no intention of shaking his hand.

Why can't they let this lie. I can't wait to play them again. I don't want any close games like 1-1, 1-0, 2-1 or any of that crap. I want to rip them a new one. Please :devil:

Aporkalypse

He cried at night? I've changed my mind about the whole thing.

Also he mentions the delay in the verdict, that was Liverpool's doing wasn't it? Not that the truth has any bearing on what the cnut says.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I just cant wait for the day he leaves Liverpool for CL football. They will blame it all on Fergie and not the fact that they are shit.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I can't be the only one who'll see this thread being bumped and think "What has that racist cnut done now?" Alot like the Balotelli-thread pre-Euros.

MUFCgal

He says that TV images were shown in a way that made him look bad, but he added that “Manchester United commands the politics of sports in England” and he felt “that you have to accept, there’s no option”.
Can we do anything about this? It's downright slander.

Also didn't he release a statement afterwards apologising, thus admitting he didn't attempt to shake Evra's hand?

The man is pure vile. How Liverpool fans can defend him is beyond me?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He hasn't been here long enough to know whether or not 'Manchester United commands the politics of sports in England' - obviously a line & a way of thinking that he's been fed (by Dalglish or others).

Dave89

I was going to make an angry post, but remembered he's ruining his career and reputation with that shower of shite, so I just lol'd.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Quote from the interview:

Regarding the "political" dimension, the interviewer mentioned that many people said that Manchester politics was behind the episode. He does not comment directly on it, but confirms that "within Liverpool" (the club) many people were convinced of that".

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Manchester politics. :lol:

Is it wrong that I'd hold a feckin party should he suffer a season ending injury?

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I'm afraid I don't actually believe that. I'll wait until it comes out in English papers first.
On their forums and the man that conducted the interview from GOL.RR tweeted it out too.

Obviously that's what he said paraphrased but it was paraphrased by a Liverpool fan so I doubt he would do so to make it more sensational than it is.

Liam147

On Probation
On their forums and the man that conducted the interview from GOL.RR tweeted it out too.

Obviously that's what he said paraphrased but it was paraphrased by a Liverpool fan so I doubt he would do so to make it more sensational than it is.
It's just, after the apology and everything, I'm treating him making potentially slanderous comments with a pinch of salt for the moment.

Liam147

On Probation
Yeah exactly. Even if it was one of the worst apologies I've ever heard, it was something. This quote would essentially throw that right out the window, putting Liverpool back to where they were in January. Wonder if Rodgers will say anything about it.

Dave89

To anyone expressing shock, why? Sure Evra still hasn't got an apology from Liverpool or Suarez.

Varun

Staff
cnuts will be cnuts. Something for RAWK to talk about other than Gylfi and Spurs.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It'll be funny the day when he and his agent try and engineer a move out of that club, it probably won't be too long.
I'm a little surprised that hasn't happened yet - whatever else you say about him, he's good enough to be playing in the Champions League - not pissing about qualifying for the Europa League through the league cup. Reina is also wasting his career there, but goalkeepers obviously last longer in years. Suarez is around his peak now, is he going to waste it playing the victim for RAWK?

.Phil1968

The only way the dippers can get into the news these days is by dragging up this incident where everybody bar themselves saw Suarez for what he is.While all the top clubs are improving their squads and looking forward to the new season,these Neanderthals are still looking into the past and repeating their 'poor us' stance.I can't wait until we play these clowns again,Bucky's in for a tough afternoon.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I'm a little surprised that hasn't happened yet - whatever else you say about him, he's good enough to be playing in the Champions League - not pissing about qualifying for the Europa League through the league cup. Reina is also wasting his career there, but goalkeepers obviously last longer in years. Suarez is around his peak now, is he going to waste it playing the victim for RAWK?
He is 26 next December. If they dont make it next year he will be heading for 27 and he will have had only one season in the CL proper where Ajax went out at the group stages. Despite being a complete scumbag he is too good a player to be not playing in the competition. There are plenty of other odious players at big clubs. Being a twat hasn't stopped clubs signing players. Clubs might be put off by his reputation by Im sure there are clubs out there that would overlook his record especially the sugar daddy ones. I suppose the big question is would the whole racist language incident be a step too far for most clubs?