F1 2017 Season

pauldyson1uk

The end was not what I expected, but still a very good race.
I have to agree that the Ferrari does look a better car this season, but not much in it.
Nice drive from Lewis, managed his softs well to get to the end.
This season is shaping up nicely.

Giggsy92

Hell of a last stint from Hamilton. And good stuff from the Merc strategists!

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Good result for him. Would have been a very lonely drive, considering I can't remember him being on the screen once
To quote vettel he was quite alone all race.

Got lucky with Kimi and Bottas going out but red bull will take it.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
I know it has, as it should go down as "racing incident" but surely as a sporting spectacle, if someone is at fault which takes two competitors out of the race whereas you continue.. that's not entirely fair.
Was he really at fault? It's Verstappen who lets all room for error disappear, that's not a fault but it is a risk he takes.

Shame it was over 6 laps before the end, but I really enjoyed the race. This is what a normal F1 race should be, a hard fight for P1, battling for seconds, strategy, team tactics and only a few overtakes but overtakes that are hard and decisive.

Impulse

Ferrari are absolute dogshit on strategy, they'd probably be better off employing Kimi's crying friend to sort that in future.

I picked a team in the sense that I don't cheat like you cheats
Pick the team at the start and leave it

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Lewis Hamilton claims victory in the Spanish Grand Prix after superb Sebastian Vettel overtake as Valtteri Bottas and Kimi Raikkonen retire from race

Daily Mail's title. Vettel clearly tells his team he had no choice but to let Hamilton through.

pauldyson1uk

This was posted on the website, I will post the table when it is updated and corrected.

It has come to my attention that around 100 teams were not give points for Spain. I have temporarily closed transfers until I can fix this, apologies!

Krits

It was a great race. Ferrari messed up the stratergy. They had track position with a decent gap on Lewis. They had no need to pit before Lewis. Could have let Lewis show his hand first.

Vettel overtake on Bottas *drool*. Loved it. My heart skipped a beat when he jinked left then right, then grass. Vettel smells the championship this season. I think we will see his best season.

The difference between Ferrari/Merc and Red Bull is insane. Wasn't expecting the gap to be that much. Maybe Dan wasn't really pushing all race as his 3rd place was guaranteed as long as he didn't feck it up.

Every race they talk about cars not being able to follow each other and how difficult it is this year. But every race I see plenty of action that shows they can. What's that about?

Fantasy Leauge after Race 5

pauldyson1uk

Once again Wicked_badgers is proving to be a master at this , he keeps his top spot and by 13 points. Well Done.
The next 2 stay the same has last week, with TT_Caf opening up a 10 point lead over me in 3rd place.
Cartman in 4th has a nice 12 point advantage over Toyoda in 5th, 13 points in front of Team 3 in 6th

Teams of the week

No shock that team of week again is Wicked_badgers with 106 points
2nd is TT_Caf with 94
Tie for 3rd Me and Team 3 with 88 points.

Next Race is the Blue Ribbon event of the season Monaco 28th May.
Lights out at 1pm(local Time)
Make your changes or not has the case my be.

Good Luck.

Standings after Race 5

1st saforrest Wicked_badgers 497
2nd the taurean TT_Caf 484
3rd pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 474
4th eric cartman Cartman 466
5th venkman Toyoda 454
6th impulse Team 3 441
7th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 436
8th balljy RedShift 431
9th hp88 hp88 423
10th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 418
11th evan7788 Evan GP 410
12th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 406
13th giggsy92 TeamRocket 405
14th christy87 Langers on a mission 389
15th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 379
16th dpansheth Rock 376
17th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 373
18th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 371
19th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 355
20th dargonk Dargon's crew 340

pauldyson1uk

OK not F1 but think it is worth posting.
Massive crash in the Indy 500 qualifying.
Sebastien Bourdais suffered "multiple fractures to his pelvis and a fracture to his right hip" after a horror crash during qualifying for the Indy 500.

The former Toro Rosso driver was on course for a spot in Sunday's "Fast 9 Shootout" when he lost control of his car at Turn Two on the third of his four lap qualifying run.

The Dale Coyne Racing driver was travelling in excess of 200mph at the time and made hard contact with the wall before rolling and eventually coming to a halt on the back straight.
Could have been a lot worse.

Last edited:

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
OK not F1 but think it is worth posting.
Massive crash in the Indy 500 qualifying.
Sebastien Bourdais suffered "multiple fractures to his pelvis and a fracture to his right hip" after a horror crash during qualifying for the Indy 500.

The former Toro Rosso driver was on course for a spot in Sunday's "Fast 9 Shootout" when he lost control of his car at Turn Two on the third of his four lap qualifying run.

The Dale Coyne Racing driver was travelling in excess of 200mph at the time and made hard contact with the wall before rolling and eventually coming to a halt on the back straight.
Could have been a lot worse.

Just heard it was not mechanical. I thought it would have been though because when I watched quali yesterday I saw a small flame fire out of the back right of the car moments before he lost it. Perhaps slightly grounded it?

spwd

That's a crazy crash which I'd thought wouldn't have been so damaging, hope he fully recovers soon.

Just in comparison this is Jack Millers crash at Le Mans on Saturday 15 minutes before he qualified 11th, he was doing well over 100mph and was very very lucky, he got back to the pits and then did qualifying, absolutely crazy.